Archer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Archer

since saban has a rep as a hard ***, I'm sure that the defensive coordinator would receive the brunt of his wrath. Hard to fill that kind of position unless its with a young guy looking to make a name for himself

According to WYKY Archer was going to coach the secondary at Miami, not DC.

Posted on 2/20 4:24 PM | IP: Logged

This was by one of the UK posters.

PhinDude88 said:

Here's the link from WKYT

Archer spent the last couple of days in Miami talking with coach Nick Saban and owner Wayne Huizinga. Archer told WKYT that Saban is interested in putting in the 3-4 defense.

Archer said no offer was made. He said the Dolphins told him they would let him know Sunday.

There was no mention of which job Archer might be offered but many doubt that Wayne H would have sat in on a meeting about hiring an assistant. Also, we already have a secondary coach (Phillips).

PhinDude88 said:

wtf? wishful thinking by the UK fans.....

Archer was a LBs coach, but he'll be coaching the secondary in the NFL? whatever, Wildcat fans :rolleyes:

yeah, everyone outside of Mangini, there's a strong possibility that these guys like Grantham, and Steele, etc, were not offered the DC job like our ignorant media suggest.

PhinDude88 said:

Where does that leave Mel Phillips...only one of the best @ his position...

phinphan11 said:
Where does that leave Mel Phillips...only one of the best @ his position...
It was a misprint. Mel Phiilips will remain the secondary coach, and IF Archer is hired he will get the DC position.

Doesnt look like Archer is going to be DC since its Sunday night already... Scratch another off the list.

I think Saban really wants younger coaches. Mangini and Grantham were both in their 30s I believe, and they were both offered the position. Saban wants a student.

Jnaledu3 said:
Doesnt look like Archer is going to be DC since its Sunday night already... Scratch another off the list.

I think Saban really wants younger coaches. Mangini and Grantham were both in their 30s I believe, and they were both offered the position. Saban wants a student.

If that is the case then Muschamp will prob be named DC.

Jnaledu3 said:

Maybe don't scratch him off just yet. Lets just wait and see what the local papers say tonight on the situation. It should have some sort of update. we SHOULD have a DC by at least Wednesday, because I doubt Saban would go to the combine without his staff set.

Back
Top Bottom