Are All NFL Fan Sites As Negative As Ours? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are All NFL Fan Sites As Negative As Ours?

eleven11

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Not for nothing but it seems like us fans of the Dolphins are much more criticle of EVERYTHING the team does as opposed to other teams "fanactics". We def have all the reasons in the football world to be pissed at the way things have gone down for us the last 29 years lol, but at the same time it seems like we're expecting more than other NFL teams that have screwed up in the past. Oh yea we've made a lot of bad moves but at the same time we must agree that sooner rather than later we will emerge as the every year contender that we were. Why? Because we are a Flag Ship Franchise of the NFL and we will again be in the mix on a regular basis. It has to be. It's the way the NFL rolls. I understand that forums are about discussions pos/neg but it seems like either we have a lot of heart broken true fans or a lot of bull**** talking new fans that want/need the media attention that all the "good" teams get. As a long long time fan I'm right there with you except for being critical of every f**king move the team makes. "Come on man", let's enjoy the ride. Good things are coming our way. I'm a realist not an optimist or a pessimist. Seems to me our time has come. We've paid our dues as a franchise and once again we are a Flagship Francise of the NFL and we will succeed.

Not for nothing but it seems like us fans of the Dolphins are much more criticle of EVERYTHING the team does as opposed to other teams "fanactics". We def have all the reasons in the football world to be pissed at the way things have gone down for us the last 29 years lol, but at the same time it seems like we're expecting more than other NFL teams that have screwed up in the past. Oh yea we've made a lot of bad moves but at the same time we must agree that sooner rather than later we will emerge as the every year contender that we were. Why? Because we are a Flag Ship Franchise of the NFL and we will again be in the mix on a regular basis. It has to be. It's the way the NFL rolls. I understand that forums are about discussions pos/neg but it seems like either we have a lot of heart broken true fans or a lot of bull**** talking new fans that want/need the media attention that all the "good" teams get. As a long long time fan I'm right there with you except for being critical of every f**king move the team makes. "Come on man", let's enjoy the ride. Good things are coming our way. I'm a realist not an optimist or a pessimist. Seems to me our time has come. We've paid our dues as a franchise and once again we are a Flagship Francise of the NFL and we will succeed.

What the hell do you expect of fans of a team that has 4 straight losing seasons. That being said overall this board is full of optimism, probably more than it should so I dont get your point.
when we do well people will definately be more happy. I have been a fan of the phins longer than many on this board have been alive, so im not just gonna have blind faith that we are about to be superbowl contenders. We havent been in the mix in quite a while so nobody should take anything for granted esp with the constant 7-9. There are things that should give us all some hope like Tannehill playing very solid as a rookie but we have a ton of holes and all hope for success

And to answer your question...i don't think it's that we're more pessimistic and negative than others. I just think that's how fans are. No one's gonna agree on every decision and there's always gonna be a split 'unless we were to sign calvin johnson for a 7th round pick or something ridiculous'. So it just always seems like someone's complaining because someone always has a difference of opinion.

I get the difference of opinion, that's life, but our differences of opinion always seem to end in the Fins suck and this is why. Sometimes life doesn't go our way. Once again, as a long time fan I remember in high school being made fun of because of our teams "Howard Jonson" colors until we literally ran over every team in the NFL. Point is we're in this togehter if you're a true Dolphins fan.

I have followed the Dolphins from the beginning and have been a fan since before our Super Bowl wins. Given the last decade of history of this franchise I am actually surprised that things are not more negative on this board than they are. If you truly believe as you maintain in your post that things will get better simply because they must get better, you need to go talk to fans of the Chicago Cubs and the Cleveland Indians. Believe me, thing don't have to get better and they can get significantly worse. Frankly, those who feel that the team must improve because team must improve over time simply lack the imagination to envision long term scenarios in which things stay the same or get worse. When it comes to the Dolphins Murphy's law is operative and Mr. Murphy was an optimist.

They're all negative. Guaranteed.

It may be rainy in your part of the country, sunshine in my part of the country.

That's how it is everywhere.

I have followed the Dolphins from the beginning and have been a fan since before our Super Bowl wins. Given the last decade of history of this franchise I am actually surprised that things are not more negative on this board than they are. If you truly believe as you maintain in your post that things will get better simply because they must get better, you need to go talk to fans of the Chicago Cubs and the Cleveland Indians. Believe me, thing don't have to get better and they can get significantly worse. Frankly, those who feel that the team must improve because team must improve over time simply lack the imagination to envision long term scenarios in which things stay the same or get worse. When it comes to the Dolphins Murphy's law is operative and Mr. Murphy was an optimist.

Binomial distribution measns that our team as well as other losing teams will get back to the mean. In our case I as a fan believe it eill be sooner rather than later. Are you really trying to compare the Cubs/Indians of the MLB to the two timesuper bowl champions/three super bowls in a row/undefeated Dolphins to those teams? Wow

Well, if you cheer every move, there's a good chance you don't know what you're cheering for. You're blindly trusting that the staff will make the right moves. Otherwise, you two just happened to be right at the same time and wrong at the same time every time. I think discontent with a good number of the moves made by a Front Office, that to this point has been a failure, is a good indicator that at least some of the posters here are paying attention. It does seem like some people slam every move this team makes. I'm not advocating that. Obviously, there have been some good moves, but if you're consistently under .500, the bad ones outweigh the good ones.

I'm cautiously optimistic about 2013.

Well, if you cheer every move, there's a good chance you don't know what you're cheering for. You're blindly trusting that the staff will make the right moves. Otherwise, you two just happened to be right at the same time and wrong at the same time every time. I think discontent with a good number of the moves made by a Front Office, that to this point has been a failure, is a good indicator that at least some of the posters here are paying attention. It does seem like some people slam every move this team makes. I'm not advocating that. Obviously, there have been some good moves, but if you're consistently under .500, the bad ones outweigh the good ones.

I'm cautiously optimistic about 2013.

I agree. Not defending the Horrible decision making over the last, what 10, 15 years?

I have a feeling just the forums of teams who have been bottom dwellers for 10+ year's like ours. I'm sure the sites of the fins, ravens, niners, and packers are a little more positive for ya

You must be new around here lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom