Are All NFL Fan Sites As Negative As Ours? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are All NFL Fan Sites As Negative As Ours?

I am in several different NFL cities weekly and outside a couple fans are negative. I don't have a problem with it I see more of a problem with fan bases that don't get upset with bad teams, performance, product, etc... I got stuck in Boston during one of the storms and even Beantown is starting to grey on the Patriots.

Binomial distribution measns that our team as well as other losing teams will get back to the mean. In our case I as a fan believe it eill be sooner rather than later. Are you really trying to compare the Cubs/Indians of the MLB to the two timesuper bowl champions/three super bowls in a row/undefeated Dolphins to those teams? Wow

It has been forty years since those Super Bowl championship teams so I think it is perfectly fair to compare today's Dolphins to the Cleveland Indians. The Indians won a world series with Lou Boudreau as their manager shortly after World War II. As for the Cubs, it has been around a century for them hasn't it? I guess we have about sixty years of misery to go before that comparison is valid. But my point stands: it is possible for a franchise to be non-successful for a very long period of time.

Sports don't run on a binomial distribution. You can have a lousy owner like Donald Sterling of the LA Clippers or the post-Huizenga owners of the Florida Panthers keep your team bad for decades. A great owner like Jerry Buss can keep your team relevant for much longer than it deserves to be. I will believe Ross is closer to Jerry Buss when he has proven it with multiple championships. Until then we remain mediocre ...

Sites of teams that have sucked for a decade are as miserable as ours. In some cases, worse. You want to see negative fans? Go to a Browns or Chiefs board. It's brutal.

Not Baltimore's site.

Wait, they just traded Boldin. For a sixth round pick.

Yep, it's negative everywhere.

I think it depends on the team, and what kind of success and ownership they have had in the past.

The Broncos sites I saw prior to Manning & Tebow were unbearably negative, the Pats as well.

Green Bay and Oakland seemed to have much more positive and upbeat fans. The fact that the local media is so hell bent on being negative and blowing everything up to melodrama proportions doesn't help. Many of the ex-dolphin players also seem to be contributers in the gloom & doom POV

Sites of teams that have sucked for a decade are as miserable as ours. In some cases, worse. You want to see negative fans? Go to a Browns or Chiefs board. It's brutal.

Its funny you mention the Chiefs. I live next to a Chiefs fan who swears they will be in the superbowl next year. They guy is always good for a laugh. :lol:

They're all negative. Guaranteed.

It may be rainy in your part of the country, sunshine in my part of the country.

That's how it is everywhere.

That's spot on. Case in point as compared to the consensus on FH, there's a thread on Jetsinsider - the most objective of those fan forums where the majority thought the signing of Hartline was a feather in our cap and the price was fair - with a couple of them expressing that they'd prefer Brian to Holmes...and there are some on the Steelers board when discussing us maybe signing Wallace who thought Hartline would be a better #2 receiver than Brown and that getting him for $6MM was a much better deal than what they ended up paying Brown.

What are you talking about? We're not pessimistic. We see things as they are, with the clarity only gained after long painstaking hours watching film and learning from the greats. We've the football eye of an eagle, the smarts most coaches and GMs have lost in their old age, and the wisdom and knowledge of 23 generations dedicated to watching and analyzing football... that's right, back when it existed only as a distant dream!

So quit your criticizing us, n00b!

Note: I'm only kidding. We don't know that much football in general, and we're really whiny and pessimistic. But probably only a bit more than other fans elsewhere (except NY and Philly).

I donno. Do Dlockz and SR7 post on any other sites?

Sorry if Im not satisfied with 4 losing seasons in a row, I did not realize that was something to pump my fist about.
I would love to actually be able to to talk smack to other fans without having to reference the 72 team as the basis of any argument.

And actually I do post on other sites a Bruins site, a Reds site and a Celtics site and there is definately not more negativity than positivity on these sites.
I rarely post though because overall this is the best Sports site I have been a part of even though like any site there are those that dont understand what a message board is for and cannot deal with a dissenting opinion. I mean hell if we were a perennial playoff team and I was dissatisifed then bash away at me but 5 losing seasons in last six is not good no matter who you are a fan of. 1 playoff appearance in last decade is not stellar.

It happens everywhere. I've seen Patriot fans complain about a lot of things on their forum. It's jut the nature of being a fan. You have glass half full people, glass half empty, and realistic people.

I would say the OP was correct pre Philbin during our SFL period but now it's pretty optimistic around here with heated debates on how to get better. We don't want anyone fired (will revisit after draft) and we have our QB (hopefully)

. A couple of winning seasons and this place will go crazy. (in a good way)

Back
Top Bottom