Are Dolphins one of two teams interested in Sharper? I think so | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins one of two teams interested in Sharper? I think so

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
At least two teams now have an interest in free agent Darren Sharper, according to Profootballtalk.com.
The Dolphins didn't add an early-round free safety, so they could be one of the teams. The Saints have a standing offer on the table, and they're unlikely to increase it after bolstering their secondary with the addition of first-rounder Patrick Robinson.

www.rotoworld.com

it would be nice,,but i think the jets might make a push for him

We NEED to get him. He could make plays for us for one, maybe two years and then mentor Reshad Jones and turn him into a beast of a safety.

Sharper would be a great pickup if he is 100%. Think he could also teach our DB's a lot in the process

i seriously hope they do it. It would complete the secondary. They could use a veteran presence back there.

I have heard Sharper would like a two year deal, are the Fins willing to make that commitment. We might see the Fins do what they did with Marshall at the Safety position. They waited and waited and when Marshall signed his tendered they traded. Well, Atogwe becomes a FA on June 1st. Fins could wait, in the mean time teams like the Bears who had a need at Safety and the Bengals can sign players and when Atogwe hits the market, Miami has very little competition.

I have heard Sharper would like a two year deal, are the Fins willing to make that commitment. We might see the Fins do what they did with Marshall at the Safety position. They waited and waited and when Marshall signed his tendered they traded. Well, Atogwe becomes a FA on June 1st. Fins could wait, in the mean time teams like the Bears who had a need at Safety and the Bengals can sign players and when Atogwe hits the market, Miami has very little competition.

First off your coverage of the Marshall trade was great. Thanks for the info! you bring up a good point with the Marshall reference, and maybe with Sharper siging elsewhere could lead you to believe Miami will wait for Atogwe to hit the market. (i.e. Holmes to Jets) It will put a stamp on the seriousness that this FO wants to compete 2010 Superbowl.

Great point...that might very well be the strategy...only risk is if Sharper signs before Atogwe becomes a free agent and Atogwe resigns with the Rams before he becomes a free agent. Lets see how it plays out. I think Miami will make a big push for one of them.

The Jets chose to sign JT and per league rules can not sign another free agent unless that player was cut by their former team. Atogwe or Sharper would have been more valueable to them than JT. Oh well, thats what happens when you run your team like the Redskins of recent years.

They could have had Marshall and got Holmes. Now they will miss on a Pro Bowl safety because they signed a washed up JT. They let go of Rhodes and still don't have a replacement. They could have kept Thomas Jones, but instead signed a washed up LT. They let go of their best run blocking offensive lineman in Faneca.

The offseason is not over yet but the Fins are clearly winning the offseason battle of Poker.

I would love to see us sign Sharper and Thomas and then enjoy the rest of the offseason until TC begins and I think we'll see a pretty damn good football team come TC and preaseason. The offense with the addition of Marshall, a healthy ronnie and ricky, a beef'd up O-Line, and Bess and Harline Opposite Marshall with Henne in his 2nd season should be able to put points on the board, then the hiring of Nolan as DC and Signing of Dansby, if we got sharper and thomas along with the draft pics, :-) I would say we would be as set as anyone in the afc, then again, I do look at things from a VERY biased point of view, lol.

I think the faneca thing doesn't count as a lost due to the fact that they released him and he wasn't lost do him being a ufa and singing with another club

Back
Top Bottom