Are Dolphins one of two teams interested in Sharper? I think so | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins one of two teams interested in Sharper? I think so

I think the faneca thing doesn't count as a lost due to the fact that they released him and he wasn't lost do him being a ufa and singing with another club
idk/ sounds the same as what happend to litto sheppard and cromartie

Great point...that might very well be the strategy...only risk is if Sharper signs before Atogwe becomes a free agent and Atogwe resigns with the Rams before he becomes a free agent. Lets see how it plays out. I think Miami will make a big push for one of them.

The Jets chose to sign JT and per league rules can not sign another free agent unless that player was cut by their former team. Atogwe or Sharper would have been more valueable to them than JT. Oh well, thats what happens when you run your team like the Redskins of recent years.

They could have had Marshall and got Holmes. Now they will miss on a Pro Bowl safety because they signed a washed up JT. They let go of Rhodes and still don't have a replacement. They could have kept Thomas Jones, but instead signed a washed up LT. They let go of their best run blocking offensive lineman in Faneca.

The offseason is not over yet but the Fins are clearly winning the offseason battle of Poker.
you can put a spin on anything, it could also be said we lost our two best pass rushers we don't have a F safety or any true nose tackle our corners give up big plays. I hate the jets but lets be realistic here ! they are a solid football team just like us we will have to wait and see what happens this year to find out who did better.

do they have room now that faneca is gone

No. Faneca was released with a contract. If one of the Jets free agents signed with another team, then they could sign Sharper.

No. Faneca was released with a contract. If one of the Jets free agents signed with another team, then they could sign Sharper.

After June 1st the Jets can sign anyone they want, even an UFA....I just hope he gets signed before then

I hope we get Atogwe (sp) and groom Jones to be Bell's replacement...we'll have the best young secondary in the league!!!

the only thing is if we wait for atogwe, and sharper signs elsewhere

We have W. Allen, N. Allen (CB/S), Bell, Culver, Clemons and Jones on the books for the safety spots. Given that there's nowhere else on the team a safety can really go (CB at a stretch), it seems a lot of players to carry for us to sign another guy.

Not saying we won't do it but if we do then Culver and prob one other will have to go. I just wonder if the FO wait to see what Nolan can get out of the existing secondary in pre-season before they move on anyone.

Man I really do hope we can pickup Sharper. FS is still the weakest spot in the secondary and if we were to get an all-pro like Sharper, then our secondary would be hugely upgraded.

All he said is "could". Its pure specutlation on his part...Couldnt this had gone in one of the other two Sharper threads on the front page?

All he said is "could". Its pure specutlation on his part...Couldnt this had gone in one of the other two Sharper threads on the front page?

Nah this is a possible player visit. It deserves its own thread :). Miami will wait to see if dallas bites. Dallas wants Atogwe as well and if they sign Sharper consider Miami making a play.....that is if Atogwe is on the radar come June 1.

We Can Only Hope And Pray That The Gods Send Us A Frickin Bone In The Form Of Darren Sharper.

Dallas is rumored to be interested, but those suckers have not signed anyone in FA. Im sure the local media will report something as soon as it is avaialable to them.

Back
Top Bottom