Are dolphins trend setters? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are dolphins trend setters?

tncZee

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Pats will meet tomorrow with Ricky Foley, the Canadian Football League's sack leader this season, in an effort to bolster their pass rush. Foley, whose agent Paul Sheehy announced the meeting, is a 6-foot-2, 245-pounder with 20 sacks the past three seasons. He had 12 sacks in 2009.

I guess the Cam Wake experiment rubbed off on the pats...
maybe it was the game saving sack..
ALL I GOT TO SAY IS...

HA HA !
we were finally one step ahead of the curve.
Trifecta is setting trends.

exactly, that means the pats are one year late.
good job trifecta!

Not surprised about this. Belichick is, after all, a Parcells protege.

Um....No, though I like to believe we are I'm pretty sure were not the first team to go and grab a player from canada.

Well in a way... Yes they are... The Canadian game is VERY different to the American... The emphasis is on SPEED... So generally they are smaller/too small for the American game especially on both sides of the line...

For this reason more Offensive players tend to make the leap south of the border... Explosive WR's... KR's or RB's... Think Stefan Logan of the Steelers who came from the CFL... That is more typical...

Wake is one of the only defensive guys to make the transition and an impact recently... but he is also a special player...

Well the Dolphins started the use of the Wildcat formation in the NFL no almost every team uses it to some extent.

No, the Dolphins are not the Apple Computer of the NFL.

But the front office is clever, innovative, and willing to think outside of the box. If that makes them trend-setters in your mind, so be it. It's a copycat league, so anyone can be a so-called trend-setter by doing something right.

It seems like they are, but that's because it really is a copycat league.

Every year they all copy what worked the year before from other teams. They copy plays from team to team throughout the season.

The trends you mentioned aren't new just because the fins did them. Teams did the same things in the past.

Parcells is just very saavy.

No, the Dolphins are not the Apple Computer of the NFL.

But the front office is clever, innovative, and willing to think outside of the box. If that makes them trend-setters in your mind, so be it. It's a copycat league, so anyone can be a so-called trend-setter by doing something right.

Too bad the only thing "special" about Apple Computers is proprietary junk which defeats the uniformity of computers. FYI

cmon stop braggin about nothing...

the nfl teams have been getting cfl players since warren moon, doug flutie, and even before those two ... (and i can get you a pretty long list... the colts, by themselves, have been getting a canadian player almost every year since 2002)

Earth orbits around the sun, not the other way around :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom