Are phin fans patient enough to wait 3 or 4 years? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are phin fans patient enough to wait 3 or 4 years?

scenaria

Wheres the hookah?
Reaction score
Im beginning to wonder if Saban has a plan that wont really put a QB into our system until 2007.

If he uses the 2006 season to put in place additional supporting players and breaks for a QB in 07.. assuming the new QB would sit for 07 he would take his licks on 08 and maybe set us up in position for 09 or 2010...

are we all patient enough for something like this?

im just now starting to think Saban is more set on building the team first then installing a QB. which could be in 07 not 06.

I know we would run into problems with guys like JT and Zach... but look what Saban has already begun doing... with Roth and Crowder.. this would all fit within a 5 year plan.

SECfootball said:
Frerotte in 2006? :down:

I'd be fine with another, better stop gap QB like Kitna. Then go for the QB of the future in the next couple years.

If Miami is going to have a stop gap quarterback, they might as well stick with Frerotte. IMO it takes a year to get used to a system AND the players in a system.

So I don't think that Kitna would do a better job even if he is a better qb

I think that the majority of fans would have a hard time dealing with it, because most fans have a hard enough time dealing with a single loss. I could wait though.

im just figuring this..

odds of Gus actually taking us to the SB and winning it.. I think is slim to none (though its always possible)

we all know if we draft a rookie QB we have to allow at the least 2 years of develpment.. by his 3rd year he should have enough behind him to make a run..

assuming one of his years is on the bench as a backup.. this is putting us at into 2008 at the earliest.. I still think saban might be content with dealing with Gus next year (unless he can find another veteren as an interim) and use the vet QB to continue developing the players around him.. this gets the line solid and ready to help with a rookie QB in 2007 or 2008

just a thought.

Heck we all have been waiting for one since 1973!!! So if it takes another 3 to 4 years I'm all for it just as long as we win one. I'm sick and tiered of hearing "Oh the Dolphins haven't won a SB wince the 70's!"

Even though everyone here seems to hate gus

I say we keep Gus for 06

It looks like he is finally getting in sync w chris chambers, and developing a chemistry w the offense

Alex22 said:
Even though everyone here seems to hate gus

I say we keep Gus for 06

It looks like he is finally getting in sync w chris chambers, and developing a chemistry w the offense

It's not that I hate him... He makes a lot of mistakes and over throws. But I have to agree he is looking really good right now and if he leads us to victories through out the rest of the season I say bring him back.

What do you mean wait 3-4 years? I'm having a helluva good time watching the phins NOW. These guys are exciting, especially the rookies. We have finally been playing Saban football and we're overachieving big time. I love it...it's really fun to watch. You have to enjoy the here and now. You never know in the NFL. Major injuries or just bad luck can keep a good team down. Enjoy the effort and watch this team get better in time, but appreciate today's phins because this is the start of something great!

I think after this offseason we can start putting timetables on a SuperBowl. If we go with a freeagent QB it might only be two or three years. If its a rookie probably 5 years

Who knows? Gus becomes the next Rich Gannon.

Anywhom... no matter what. Once I'm watching the phins throughout the year, I hope they win and go all the way. However, I'd take 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7(-1?) for a few years if its mean we'll eventually tun every single last team in our path into roadkill and bring home a championship.

It's not going to be another 3-4 years for Saban's plan to come into fruitation. It's another offseason, maybe two, before we can fairly judge Saban's rebuilding of the franchise into a success or failure.

We might not win the Super Bowl by then, but we will be able to tell.

I wasnt really referring to Saban's ability rather how much time to get the team back into a SB run.. I think we all agree that if we go with a rookie QB its going to probably be a 4 or 5 year plan..

ofcourse its going to be fun watching the team compete again... but I get the feeling theres a lot of impatient fans out there who wants results NOW not in 4 or 5 years. My thought has always been to enjoy the process because once you get to the top.. you have nowhere else to go but down.. eventualy you have to rebuild again. so in reality the trip there is in some ways more fun than when you actually get there.

Back
Top Bottom