Are phin fans patient enough to wait 3 or 4 years? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are phin fans patient enough to wait 3 or 4 years?

FinFan57 said:
What do you mean wait 3-4 years? I'm having a helluva good time watching the phins NOW. These guys are exciting, especially the rookies. We have finally been playing Saban football and we're overachieving big time. I love it...it's really fun to watch. You have to enjoy the here and now. You never know in the NFL. Major injuries or just bad luck can keep a good team down. Enjoy the effort and watch this team get better in time, but appreciate today's phins because this is the start of something great!

Wait hold up man I am loving every game that the Good Lord allows me to watch. And I haven't given up on this season!! What I'm saying is I'm willing to wait 3 to 4 years to win the Big game that unfortunatly I have yet to see Miami win!! Win or Lose I will be sitting there with my jersey routing on my fav. team!!

kastofsna120 said:
we have a solid enough team and coaching staff to win even with a struggling rookie QB

That is something I can actually agree with you on. We have shown this year that even with QB troubles we can pull out wins. It was slow in the begining (except the Denver game) but we have pulled it together with two big wins and I think that has given the team a big confidence boost. PLus players are starting to step up and play. The OLine has clearly improved, and Chambers is finally starting to act like he is a star, the list goes on.

Unfortunately in todays NFL most coaches aren't going to get 5 years to fix a sinking ship with out producing results. Like someone else said...We have been waiting since 73 so a few more years won't kill me as LONG as the product on the field is improving over the few years....3 or 4 years of 6-10 and 7-9 and St. Nick wouldn't have a job any longer.

scenaria said:
Im beginning to wonder if Saban has a plan that wont really put a QB into our system until 2007.

If he uses the 2006 season to put in place additional supporting players and breaks for a QB in 07.. assuming the new QB would sit for 07 he would take his licks on 08 and maybe set us up in position for 09 or 2010...

are we all patient enough for something like this?

im just now starting to think Saban is more set on building the team first then installing a QB. which could be in 07 not 06.

I know we would run into problems with guys like JT and Zach... but look what Saban has already begun doing... with Roth and Crowder.. this would all fit within a 5 year plan.

Won't take that long, you will see our QB of the future this year, he will take over for Gus when he is ready, either in 06' or 07'.

If we dont get a QB next year we need to get a good LT or CB.

I say get the best player on the board. If we go again next year at 9-7 or worse and miss the playoffs then let the reaching begin.

As long as we keep having games that we actually have a chance to win every week like this year (with the exception of like two) I can be satiated

Even with a rookie you never know we have the talent around him

Ben Roethlisberger was a rookie but thanks to the talent around him he was able to succeed

Same thing with orton this year

I dont think it fair to place a time frame on anything because saban will always put us in position to win

ffphin said:
Wait hold up man I am loving every game that the Good Lord allows me to watch. And I haven't given up on this season!! What I'm saying is I'm willing to wait 3 to 4 years to win the Big game that unfortunatly I have yet to see Miami win!! Win or Lose I will be sitting there with my jersey routing on my fav. team!!

Don't worry, it's more than likely the real scenario. Over the past few weeks I've been getting the feeling that Saban will try to evaluate the QB situation through the free agency for now and will use the draft to improve the O-line, D-line, secondary, and wide receiver positions.

This doesn't mean he'll be keeping Gus next year, it just means he'll put the QB position on hold to build the supporting cast. I'm pretty much prepared for the Dolphins having a better season next year but I'm not looking for anything big until two years from now.

The truth is that Gus Frerotte isn't that bad, he's just inconsistent. But if we draft somebody, I wouldn't mind him being our "caretaker" QB

dm416 said:
The truth is that Gus Frerotte isn't that bad, he's just inconsistent. But if we draft somebody, I wouldn't mind him being our "caretaker" QB

Yep

and when gus gets time he CAN make every throw on the field

I dont see why people have a huge problem with him

theres a big difference between taking care of a team and actually winning the SB.. no problems with Gus as to what he is doing right now.. the question would be if he has what it takes to not just get us to the big game but actually win it? not many teams have won SB's with "caretakers" Im not saying it cant be done but theres a better chance with a franchise player

ffphin said:
Heck we all have been waiting for one since 1973!!! So if it takes another 3 to 4 years I'm all for it just as long as we win one. I'm sick and tiered of hearing "Oh the Dolphins haven't won a SB wince the 70's!"

Damn you took the words out of my mouth!!!!:lol:

I can wait however long it takes.

I've got a Fin Headstone on lay away.

I say we keep Frerotte for one more year if we draft a rookie. frerotte is underrated and alot of people don't give him credit. Remember that throw to booker on that crucial 3rd down....Amazing.....

Back
Top Bottom