Are Pro Bowlers the cure to Dolphins' ills? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Pro Bowlers the cure to Dolphins' ills?

Are Pro Bowlers the cure to Miami's ills?

• Yes - Miami will get to winning again when they get bigtime talent

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • No - We had plenty of Pro Bowlers in the past and still didn't make the playoffs

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Sort of - while teams like the Giants & Jags did well without many, we could use a few more

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters
The simple answer to your question is no. As you said earlier, we had a number of Pro Bowlers a few years ago and that didn't equate to a playoff appearance. The problem during those years was they were usually on one side of the ball. It's been well over a decade since we had multiple pro bowlers on the offensive side of the ball.

As much as I dislike them, the Patriots is a prime example of not needing a team of great player but players playing great as a team to win consistently.

You had me until the Patriots reference. Not a good example of what you're trying to assert since they had 8 Pro Bowlers this year.

You had me until the Patriots reference. Not a good example of what you're trying to assert since they had 8 Pro Bowlers this year.

I knew I should have proof read my post before submitting it. I meant to say New York Giants. They have only one Pro Bowler on defense and look what they did the second half of this past season.

Yesterday's Pro Bowl got me to thinking that the reason Miami is bad right now was due to lack of Pro Bowl talent, but then I remembered all those Pro Bowl heavy teams from just a few years ago...and they didn't make it to the postseason either. That got me to thinking some more:
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/21247.html

So what do you all think? Are Pro Bowlers the cure to what ails the dolphins?

remember 2002, we had something like 8 players in the probowl

Pro Bowl talent helps but thinking you can just go into the FA and pick up a bunch of talent is not possible... especially not in the Salary Cap era.

When your team loses that many games (Chargers fan here i have been there) you are not looking for a big name free agent. You are looking to rebuild through the draft, get young cheaper players that can be with your team for a long time. The Free Agency is a good way to pick up proven players to fill gaps but not when your team has so many. Problem with it is it takes so much money and cap space.

Back
Top Bottom