Are the coaches at fault here? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the coaches at fault here?

FinsGonnaRock06

Club Member
Reaction score
I have to believe the coaches are at fault for some of Joeys performance on Sunday. He was obviously holding onto the ball alot longer than he had been before which resulted in the most sacks given up in atleast 6 games or more. He was in a rhythm moving the team, quick throws, quick decisions was working just fine for him, SO WHY THE CHANGE? just to make CC happy?
Joey was progressing every week and the ******* coaches had to go and screw it up, JUST WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

FinsGonnaRock06 said:
I have to believe the coaches are at fault for some of Joeys performance on Sunday. He was obviously holding onto the ball alot longer than he had been before which resulted in the most sacks given up in atleast 6 games or more. He was in a rhythm moving the team, quick throws, quick decisions was working just fine for him, SO WHY THE CHANGE? just to make CC happy?
Joey was progressing every week and the ******* coaches had to go and screw it up, JUST WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what you're saying is you'd be completely happy with a dink-and dunk offense that aside from the Lions game, was more or less ineffective?

emocomputerjock said:
So what you're saying is you'd be completely happy with a dink-and dunk offense that aside from the Lions game, was more or less ineffective?

If we win I don't care how.

no it's joey's fault for throwing the interceptions. even if the coaches were calling for him to throw it long, Joey is still responsible for the throw. And any way that you look at them, both of those interceptions were his fault.

I can't fault the coaches for trying to put Joey in his very limited comfort zone. He's just not getting it done in our offense even though his skills/athleticism would suggest that he could maybe get it done.

clbrazee said:
If we win I don't care how.

I'm sure they're saying the same thing in Chicago, but when it comes down to it, they'll lose because they turn over the ball on offense, and can't make any points happen. Points are what you need to win games, and if, like Chicago, your defense is outscoring your offense, you need to make a change before you get close to sniffing the one-bad-game-and-its-next-year playoffs.

Having our defense carry the team while our offense plays inconsistently and fails to score touchdowns is not a long-term solution.

I missed Saban throwing those two interceptions, can you believe they let the coaches play like that? I sure didn't see it! Get real! Harrington did what Harrington usually does, throw interceptions. And you want to blame it on the coaches, guess we know where you fall: the Joey-can't-do-wrong club, despite the reality.

LMAO--so Joey makes two ill-advised throws that are intercepted and somehow that is a reflection of coaching. Harrington has been doing this his WHOLE career--nothing new.

The coaches made Harrington throw 2 niterceptions and get sacked like 6 times? They called th play and told Harrington to throw the ball straight at the defense so they can get some interceptions? No they did not, it was just Harrington doing what he does and you cant blame anyone but him for his performance.

I totally disagree with this article criticising coachs' call to throw deep when Joey threw the 2nd INT.

Why didn't the Dolphins at least take a timeout before the awful pick, which came on a play sent in, as most are, by the coaching staff?
''Why?'' Nick Saban countered with his own question.
Well, to get organized, which they apparently weren't. To keep from doing something stupid, which is what happened.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16157997.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_football

I like Saban's response when asked why didn't he call a timeout. If we need a timeout every time a big play is needed you only have 6 a game! C'mon I see a scenario where Joey makes that throw and then we need the timeouts on the other side of the field. These reporters make me laugh sometimes.

''We made some critical mistakes, many of us did, including me,'' said Chambers, who expressed frustration last week for the lack of deep passes thrown his way.
``There were a couple of red-zone shots that I didn't take advantage of by maybe running the wrong route, particularly in the beginning of the game.''

In that same drive, though, Chambers took part of the blame for the interception of a Joey Harrington pass that was intended for him.
''It was a baseline route, where I was supposed to get inside of [cornerback Rashean] Mathis,'' Chambers said. ``But I got jammed up, and he got inside of me, and Joey threw to that side. I think the fault was more on me than on Joey Harrington on that play.''
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16158118.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_football

Joey Harrington will get the blame, but Dolphins coaches have to share it. Some smart coaches made some dumb decisions out there against the Jaguars. They called dangerous stuff when they needed to play safe, and safe stuff when they needed to take a chance.
It wasn't the coaching staff that lost 24-10 to the Jaguars and whacked the Dolphins out of any discernible chance to make the postseason. But coaching decisions did diminish the Dolphins' chances of winning, and that's not supposed to happen
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16157997.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_football

The Only thing that you can blame on the coaches is the fact that they brought in the QB that played yesterday. I've already dealt with the fact thay we missed out on the better QB this off-season but that's what this loss comes down to. You need a leader out their at QB when you play in tough games like that and Joey and Dante are not leaders. They play within their limitations and what they do was not enough to overcome good teams all the time.

I only blame the coaching staff for the lack of a good game plan. We looked lost on both sides of the ball yesterday. And we had more time to prepare for them. It's just sad.

It's heresy to blame the coaches. You know gosh darn well if saban, mularkey, or capers was fired there would be a line of nfl suitors a mile long coveting their expertise. case closed.

I'm still a member of the:

And-tell-me-again-why-we-got-rid-of-Sage Bandwagon.

Back
Top Bottom