Are the Dolphins a potential landing spot for Chris Johnson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins a potential landing spot for Chris Johnson?

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
It has been reported all day that Johnson is being shopped and if he isn't traded he will be released.

Tennessee Titans running back Chris Johnson has been at odds with the team over his salary for quite some time and now things could boil over in a trade to teams like the Miami Dolphins, Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers or NY Giants if an agreement is not reached and the Titans could also opt to release Johnson this offseason.

Johnson has been complaining about his salary and contract since signing an extension and now he is hoping to get things worked out as he is set to get paid $8 million this season. According to Pro Football Talk, Johnson and the Titans have not been able to agree about what to do on his deal and while he wants more money, the team could look to release him or trade him if an agreement is not worked ou
The Giants, Ravens and Dolphins could be options if they are willing to pay him, but it's more likely that he gets released if an agreement is not reached. Johnson is one of the fastest players in the league and while Kent State running back Dri Archer almost broke his record at the combine for a forty time, he couldn't quite do it. Johnson feels he is one of the best backs in the league and now he is hoping to be paid like one.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/ar...rgh-steelers-options-if-titans-release-rb.htm

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 14m

"@miamifan08: rumor here in TN is that Miami is very interested in CJ2K"» MAYBE! But why trade? Titans will likely cut him. He wants OUT

Seriously, Chris Johnson's present contract would need to be re-done. He really wants OUT of Tennessee,but his personality damages his value

The more I think about it....CJ2K makes a lot of sense for the #Dolphins IF they plan to run an identical offense to the Eagles. Don't know

Every agent is going to leak that the Fins want their client to pump up interest. LOL.

Would love him in Lazor's offense but too much coin for a RB. I say give Lamar a year under Lazor and an improved o-line. If anything, can Thomas and sign a bruiser.

Dude should go to SF behind that line he could put up some monster numbers. He really took a step back when the line fell apart in front of him, but part of me thinks he would be amazing if we used like McCoy in Philly. Dude can catch and is a killer in the open field.

At that contract no thanks. If he wants to get paid then you turn your back on him and draft someone. BUT if he is willing to take a large pay cut then maybe take a flyer on him.

I have believed we will be drafting our RB for some time now.

Some team is going to be suckered into paying that bum way too much money, it sure as **** better not be us.

The dude can play but he needs an O-Line don't know if we fit that equation, but to say he is not a weapon is foolish.

This report is pure speculation. I highly doubt we are even remotely interested. Not a Philbin character guy. Bad attitude. Too expensive. And quite frankly, he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

Our dollars can be better allocated.

Back
Top Bottom