Are the Dolphins a potential landing spot for Chris Johnson? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins a potential landing spot for Chris Johnson?

This report is pure speculation. I highly doubt we are even remotely interested. Not a Philbin character guy. Bad attitude. Too expensive. And quite frankly, he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

Our dollars can be better allocated.

Yes, that's why i put rumor in the title. I always hear, X player, is not a Philbin guy. In today's NFL, is it possible to have 52 Philbin guys and still be successful?

Trade? Doubt it. Not with $8 on his deal.

After cut? Maybe.

I don't buy it for a 2nd, he is not the type of player we need right now. We can spend that large cap hit much higher in other areas. I would rather sign Toby Gerhart and upgrade the line, we quit on the run game way to early on most games last year and the line certainly didn't help. I still like what Miller brings to the table.

We already have our CJ on the roster. Miller is the same player. One cut speedster that requires wide open lanes to reach the second level. Watch CJ, rarely makes play happens at the line without open lanes. Most of his highlight plays occur in the second level.

Every agent is going to leak that the Fins want their client to pump up interest. LOL.

Yup. With all the high flying players were interested in we're going be over the cap late Tuesday night! Oh wait no one will want to come to Miami so.....

Yes he is a deva but if I can restructure his contract then yes I would part with a late round pick for CJ. His speed on the field with Wallace's speed outside presents huge problems for the defense. Yes I would

Need pass blocking RB I'm hoping can pick up Moreno if the price is right. Let the market play out and hopefully can upgrade over Thomas without spending much.

Need pass blocking RB I'm hoping can pick up Moreno if the price is right. Let the market play out and hopefully can upgrade over Thomas without spending much.

Another player who shows up his contract year, gets paid, returns to hibernation.

He's fast but at $8M pa he's probably out of our league (not to mention that he's allegedly not a good teammate).
He's probably not worth $5M. Let's get an experienced RB who knows how to get short yardage and is able to protect by blocking for the QB. MJD could be the answer and have Miller to rest him and cut Thomas.

Another player who shows up his contract year, gets paid, returns to hibernation.

Well I'm not saying Moreno would be some force I just want a vet who is good at pass blocking. I think Moreno would be an upgrade over Thomas. If Moreno is too expensive forget it.

I would draft Carlos Hyde in the 2nd round. Much cheaper and more physical runner. We need a physical running game, not the outside game.
Pass on Chris Johnson

This x 1000. No Show did nothing in Denver for years. Between it being a contract year and Manning making him tow the line this guy is not worth a penny imo.

Back
Top Bottom