Are the Dolphins as good as the Pats? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins as good as the Pats?

I'm not afraid to say it, yes the Dolphins are. And that shouldn't really surprise anyone. I said before the season started that I don't think the Patriots are any better this year than they were in 2002, and now with Light, Faulk, Harrison, and Bruschi all out they are only getting worst. They are not a super team right now. They will still beat the teams they have a psychological advantage over (Colts, Steelers, if they played the Eagles) but they will lose a lot of other games including at least one game against the Phins.

I don't see why so many people are afraid to say we're as good as they are. They aren't the premier team in the AFC anymore. The Colts, Chargers, and Steelers are all better than the Patriots, and the Bengals and Broncos MIGHT also be better. My own feeling is that the Jags, Broncos, Dolphins, Patriots, Chiefs, and Bengals are all about on the same level while the Colts, Chargers, and Steelers are about a step above.

I don't think so. New England started 1-2 a few seasons ago and then went on like 23 game winning streak. They've got some problems, but Bill Belicheck is still a great coach, and Brady is still great.

ckparrothead said:
I'm not afraid to say it, yes the Dolphins are. And that shouldn't really surprise anyone. I said before the season started that I don't think the Patriots are any better this year than they were in 2002, and now with Light, Faulk, Harrison, and Bruschi all out they are only getting worst. They are not a super team right now. They will still beat the teams they have a psychological advantage over (Colts, Steelers, if they played the Eagles) but they will lose a lot of other games including at least one game against the Phins.

That's the way I see it too. After seeing how they played against the Raiders I had a feeling that they were not the same team as last year. They are good, but I don't think they're going to pull off another SB.

I just thought it was the utmost arrogance for Pats fans to just shrug off the loss of Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel, Teddy Bruschi, Ted Johnson, Ty Law, etc. I mean my god they have won each of their super bowls by 3 points. You going to tell me those guys weren't worth 3 damn points?

That wasn't my observation though, I believe that is what Michael Irvin said.

Batman13 said:
We'll know november 13th.

I LOVE that we don't play them until week 10!!!

I think we could beat them now, but we are not better than them... if that makes sense.

We could beat them right now because we are coming together, while they are unraveling a bit. But overall, I still think they are better. They are the champs until someone takes it from them. They are resiliant. They are well coached. They have shown the ability to plug multiple people into that system and have it work seamlessly. In short, they won't be down for long.

That's why I'm happy we don't play them until week 10. I hope they are on an upswing, and we will have come together as a group, in a game that matters for 1st place, in Miami, against the surging World Champs... now we win THAT GAME, and I'll say yes, we are better than them.

Until then, the jury is still out.

No.

...but I love the fact that this question is even being ASKED at this point in the season...and what I love even MORE...is that we're only going to get BETTER.

Yes. It will be hard to "prove otherwise" as they won't be in the SB this year! But as far as that's concerned...2 teams have already done so and there are more to come. Didn't a sorry 2-10 team take it to them last year?

abNORMal said:
No, we haven't won anything yet....Right now no team is as good as the Pats (boy, it hurts to type that)

are you kidding me? The Pats are no longer as good as most people think they are. i agree with about everything that ckparrothead said. I was about to post the same thing before i saw that post.

They've got another tough game next week at Atlanta which i don't think they will win either.

I don't think they were as good as people made them out to be and won too many close games by reffing calls, luck, angels on shoulders and any other skating-by means. That said, last year's team was the most dominant out of their 3 SB runs and they deserved it. The previous 2 runs....lol...I'm not even going there.

i wish we played the pats before they figure out their new identity though. I mean by the time we play them this year, they will have figured out whats going on, and they will have recovered from the injuries. No offense, but I would love to play them now while they are down. Nothing like kicking teams when theyre down. By November, BB will have the team playing a lot better than they are right now.

Wait a minute..maybe I dont understand this question so help me out....AS GOOD AS THE PATS????They just got their backsides handed to them.dont you mean as Bad as them?IMO we are in a much,much better position then the Pats right now.Losing Harrison and Bruschi are huge blows.Then add to that the loss of poss. 2 of the best coordinators in the league,the Pats dont look strong at all.Us on the other hand have ALREADY won as many games as we did last year.And we are only getting more comfortable with Saban's system.IMO we are better.

We are a good football team compared to last year but I think we have a psychological advantage over Tom Brady, but I think that will end this year with our new defense. I think he was just mesmerised in past years about how simple our defense was that he was second guessing himself.

mkid i like your thing.

modeled after "who beat 85 in 05" by chad johnson and he lists every week the teams best corner and boxes with yes or no.

Back
Top Bottom