Are the Dolphins at risk going to England to play? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins at risk going to England to play?

Pelorus Jack

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am sure that most if not all of us have seen or read of the various stories detailing the many terrorist groups located around London?

They seem especially radical and dangerous and with the recent car bomb situation in Picadilly Circus does anyone think there is any substantial risk for a group of high visibility professional American athletes traveling to that part of the world?

I don't see how anyone can dismiss it so easily.

I'm not saying they will be targets or anything either though.

Mate, dont be silly! There no more at risk over here than they are in the States

Of course they are at more risk. That is like saying the superbowl isn't at more risk than a preseason game. The whole world is watching, it is a great chance to make a statement by some idiot suicide bomber.

The Dolphins are no more at risk playing in England as Tiger Woods or Phil Mickelson is playing in the British Open or any of the American tennis players playing at Wembledon.

I'm sure security will be as tight as any major event held in Europe so I'm not really worried about the terrorists at this time. I'm actually more worried about the flight over there because of the possible detrimental effect it could have on the players.

The Dolphins are no more at risk playing in England as Tiger Woods or Phil Mickelson is playing in the British Open or any of the American tennis players playing at Wembledon.

I'm sure security will be as tight as any major event held in Europe so I'm not really worried about the terrorists at this time. I'm actually more worried about the flight over there because of the possible detrimental effect it could have on the players.

You couldn't be more WRONG..Just look at todays news... This game is going to be a very high profile event with lots of AMERICANS making ther trip over not to mention it is such a big place... There is absolutely cause for extra concern...

You couldn't be more WRONG..Just look at todays news... This game is going to be a very high profile event with lots of AMERICANS making ther trip over not to mention it is such a big place... There is absolutely cause for extra concern...

And you think Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson playing at the British Open or and of the Americans tennis players playing at Wimbledon are not high profile events?

Perhaps you missed this part of my post. "I'm sure security will be as tight as any major event held in Europe."

And you think Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson playing at the British Open or and of the Americans tennis players playing at Wimbledon are not high profile events?

Perhaps you missed this part of my post. "I'm sure security will be as tight as any major event held in Europe."

I got you point fine...I'm sure there will be plenty of security but At a stadium there is a larger number of people all bunched together, there is certainly more risk involved...

I got you point fine...I'm sure there will be plenty of security but At a stadium there is a larger number of people all bunched together, there is certainly more risk involved...

If the good people of England can provide sufficient security at the stadiums in Wimbledon and for the World Cup Tournament, they are more than capable of providing sufficient security for the Dolphins and Giants at Wembley Stadium.

Chances to get shot in Florida by a lunatic playing with guns is way bigger than getting bombed by a terrorist in Europe.

Most terrorist groups have REAL foundations, and of course that several time have been rumored that because of the high rating this can be a "window" for them.
I can't justify any murder in anyway but in a terrorist mind there's always the concept of a cause, Arabians use a religious war, Irish want their freedom and so on. Osama and his insane followers destroyed the financial heart of America, they send a message with that. So their targets are clearly iconic: Embassies, Financial centers, Burger empires, etc.
So this reduces to the question: Who iconic/repulsive can a NFL game be for any terrorist group in England?
I think that only few hooligans can misunderstand this as an attack against soccer and make some noise on that.

Well the game would be an ideal target but don't worry about it. The security over here is pretty damn good and security at the ground will be very tight.

Back
Top Bottom