Are the Dolphins elite? What can be learned from their losses to ensure they are | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins elite? What can be learned from their losses to ensure they are

I mean I am seeing often that we can't beat elite teams. Far as I know, losses are losses at the end of the day in the national football league. There are not many teams we can consider 100% completely horrible other than the giants and we blasted past them. At least we are winning the games we are suppose to win and that perspective is taken out of context when we start looking at their records. The bills almost lost against the giants and the Broncos beat the bills, broncos being a team that we smoked by 50. The Chiefs lost against the broncos, a team we smoked by 50. The eagles lost against the Jets, a team we already beat and a team we are likely going to massacre with healthy starters in a few weeks. So what is the theme here? The teams that we lost to ended up losing games they were suppose to win. These are to me the most likely teams to lose careless in the playoffs. If the Dolphins are able to correct their mistakes from loses against great opponents it may end up being an advance rather than the so called media disadvantage. There is history to support this if you bother to look further into it.

This was all very evident against the Chiefs. The constant outside runs were going nowhere and we didn’t bother adjusting until it was almost too late.

Also, I’ve mentioned a few times, get Berrios more involved in the game plan. We need to be more willing to accept some short passing to keep us in manageable third down situations. It really bugs me that we don’t take advantage of a guy who has great hands and can get open for quick short throws.

I agree, and there is a bonus with Berrios, he has Returner type instincts with the ball, so get the ball to him short, allow him a little room, and watch him get you added yardage with his feet and moves...Just like Welker used to do for Brady.

Also low and behold, who is Berrios receiving coach? That same Welker that drove defenses crazy with the amount of yardage he got with short passes.

Nowhere near elite...but let's see how the team, rounds into shape in the second half of the season. The Division is now laying out there for them on a silver platter. There is absolutely no excuse now for not taking it and regaining their place as the Beasts of the East. They would then get a home playoff game where they would be favored and after that...2 steps to the Super Bowl.

Who are these elite teams in the NFL?

If not the Phinz... Who?

Only the Eagles can say it this year, other then that there's not 1 other team that can claim to be elite as opposed to Miami.

Jags? 49er? Ravens? Chiefs?
If Miamis not elite, who are these elite teams this year other then the Eagles?

Our coach has been educating the fan and pundit all year but some just can’t comprehend

A season is a compilation of individual games, to take those games to learn from and then to mold and evolve the team based on those experiences so that you have the best team peaking at the final quarter of the season

I think we’re seeing that transpire before our eyes

What are Mahomes, Hurts, and Allen's stats in games that they lost?

Mahomes-
21-39/226 yards 2 Td 1 int 77.5 rating
24/38/ 240 yards 0 tds and 2 INTS
59.1 rating.
3 games under 80 rating this year
4 over 100 rating this year

Hurts-
28-45 280 yards 1 TD 3 ints 59.5 rating
2 games under 80 rating this year
4 over 100 rating this year

Tua-
25-35 282 1 td 1 int 87 rating
22-32 216 yards 1 td 1 int 92.5 rating
21-34 191 yards 1 td 0 int 87.5 rating
Lowest rating of season of 87, only twice under 90. 5 times over 100.

Tuas worst game was better then 3 of Hurts games and 3 of Mahomes games respectively.

So while Tua may not play at an MVP level in losses, he still plays solid. he doesn't cost his team, like the other guys.

A little more perspective. Tua is the epitome of consistency.
In his last 18 starts, Tua's lowest rated game was 87. Additionally he only has 4 games under a 90 rating.

Mahomes has 5 games under 90 with his lowest being a 59.1 and 4 games below Tuas lowest rating of 87.

Hurts has 7 games under 90 and all 7 were below Tuas worse rated game of 87. 4 of those games under a 70 passer rating.

Just some quick research

Who are these elite teams in the NFL?

If not the Phinz... Who?

Only the Eagles can say it this year, other then that there's not 1 other team that can claim to be elite as opposed to Miami.

Jags? 49er? Ravens? Chiefs?
If Miamis not elite, who are these elite teams this year other then the Eagles?
I would say only the Eagles and Chiefs are "Elite". 2nd tier Ravens and 49ers. 3rd tier Fins, Lions, Cowboys.

I would say only the Eagles and Chiefs are "Elite". 2nd tier Ravens and 49ers. 3rd tier Fins, Lions, Cowboys.
Niners with Deebo and Williams back from injury and now Chase Young with Bosa makes them the most talented, elite team.
Jags and Bengals are in your 3rd tier as well. No team wants to face Burrow in a playoff game but they need Higgins and their key defensive guys back.

Niners with Deebo and Williams back from injury and now Chase Young with Bosa makes them the most talented, elite team.
Jags and Bengals are in your 3rd tier as well. No team wants to face Burrow in a playoff game but they need Higgins and their key defensive guys back.
I won't argue with that. Good points!

Back
Top Bottom