Are the Dolphins elite? What can be learned from their losses to ensure they are | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins elite? What can be learned from their losses to ensure they are

I’d say Chiefs and Eagles are top tier and we’re below them with a handful of teams.

Any 2nd tier team can certainly beat a top tier but I wouldn’t bet an amount of money that mattered to me in it.

Unless they win the Superbowl, elite and other fancy self gratifying adjectives can stay firmly on the shelf.

We will find out. How good this team is in next 8 week. We are not elite but we got good football team. Who should win AFC east.

Most talented dolphin team I’ve ever followed.

I say you keep evolving into what we could be is the way to look at this, must factor in and project health from where we were which was lots of starters missing lots of games

Defensive players in first year of system

Offense in 2nd year of season

Practice reps matter in these complex systems

Our offense had some communication issues on the road that need ironing out

Let them evolve and learn until we get to the postseason.

I wouldn’t want to play this team on the direction their going
We need a better way to simplify the calls on the road to account for crown noise.

This will help is get to the line quicker and should help the timing issues we have been experiencing.

We need a better way to simplify the calls on the road to account for crown noise.

This will help is get to the line quicker and should help the timing issues we have been experiencing.
one only needs to look at our home record to acknowledge your point

It is about getting on a roll at the right time. As much as I would have loved to beat the Eagles and Chiefs early to mid-season, I would rather get healthy, get on a roll and power through the playoffs.

I mean I am seeing often that we can't beat elite teams. Far as I know, losses are losses at the end of the day in the national football league. There are not many teams we can consider 100% completely horrible other than the giants and we blasted past them. At least we are winning the games we are suppose to win and that perspective is taken out of context when we start looking at their records. The bills almost lost against the giants and the Broncos beat the bills, broncos being a team that we smoked by 50. The Chiefs lost against the broncos, a team we smoked by 50. The eagles lost against the Jets, a team we already beat and a team we are likely going to massacre with healthy starters in a few weeks. So what is the theme here? The teams that we lost to ended up losing games they were suppose to win. These are to me the most likely teams to lose careless in the playoffs. If the Dolphins are able to correct their mistakes from loses against great opponents it may end up being an advance rather than the so called media disadvantage. There is history to support this if you bother to look further into it.
We beat the Jets already...?...guess I should look further into that considering we play them twice in the next 5 games lol.

I’d say Chiefs and Eagles are top tier and we’re below them with a handful of teams.

Any 2nd tier team can certainly beat a top tier but I wouldn’t bet an amount of money that mattered to me in it.

OK that's fair. I mean some are talking like there's multiple elite teams and Miamis not part of the party.

But I can agree with this assessment.

Chiefs and Eagles at the top, next tier includes the Phinz.

At the end of the day, I believe Miami is elite. But, if I am not allowed to pick the phinz only the Eagles I feel are truly elite this year.

Just my opinion.

But I agree, or like your assessment

We beat the Jets already...?...guess I should look further into that considering we play them twice in the next 5 games lol.
Yes sir, or are you arguing we are going to lose to them twice? In the last 14 games they only beat us 3 times that is how sorry we are. No matter how much we sucked they won 3 games?

Really good article.

Miami was having success late against Kansas City with those inside runs. With Williams and Hunt on the inside of the offensive line, not sure why the Dolphins aren't trusting those more?

Definitely feel like that's an adjustment that McDaniel is going to continue.

Great team, elite team, doesn't matter much. Is the team good enough to make a playoff run? Remains to be seen but I have faith Miami has what it takes

Elite, to me, is just a word.
For me, the most important question isn't whether they are elite or not (because teams that are not elite have won Super Bowls before), but rather, can Miami beat the top teams in the league? CAN THEY beat Cincinnati, KC in the playoffs, and Phila or SFran in the Super Bowl?
I think, if healthy, they can.
I think they can because their defense is improving and should/will continue to get better as we approach January.
Their offense, with Achane back, has more than enough explosion to win any game.
The media can debate the question of whether Miami is elite all year. I hope they say we're not. It reduces the pressure.
CAN Miami win a Super Bowl THIS YEAR? I think yes. And that's the only question I care about.
Because zero Lombardi's have ever been given out to teams who have been labeled "elite" during the season.

Back
Top Bottom