Are the Dolphins for real? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins for real?

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
You can never, ever say a team is for real after week one.

You are correct my friend but isn't that is the point of this article. When was the last time the dolphins followed up a big win with another big win? If the fins can win this game, particularly in a dominate way, it will go a long way in confirming this team is different and thus the "real deal". if we lose this game, this entire board will scream "same ol dolphins"!! Consistency validates good from mediocre!

It would be almost astronomically impossible to field a Oline as bad as what we had 2013 in 2014.
We had so many issue with the oline i was furious. I see this team ready to take on any challenge. When this team gets Confidence and that killer instinct on a consistent basis we will be the team to beat. That sealing TD shows we are on our way.

Somebody should start a separate thread on this but the 5-2 should be a good counter to their strength right? The 5-2 was the prevalent defense back before this new fangled passing game started ramping up. From my research it appears the 3-4 and 4-3 were spawned to deal with passes to TEs and H-backs, which would lead me to conclude the 5-2 is in fact the best option as far as stopping the run goes. It shouldn't really work in this day and age because teams should be able to murder you with the pass but with Wake and McCain coming off the edges and a skittish QB it could be the best of both worlds for us.

I believe the main reason for the 5-2 was to get Starks, Mitchell, Odrick, Vernon, and Wake on the field at the same time. That is a nightmare for offensive lines. If Starks does not play, it losses that nightmare quality. We may still run it to protect our weak linebackers, but our DT rotation will tire with this approach.

Back
Top Bottom