are the dolphins going to sign an offensive lineman!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are the dolphins going to sign an offensive lineman!!!!

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
i am just wondering if they are any linemen still left. We need help on the line and hopefully we can find a guy who can help out this team. The draft will not help us out very much for linemen. I am pretty sure we cannot draft an offensive tackle because DMAC's contract states we are not allowed to draft it. Maybe we will get another position on the offensive line in the later rounds of the draft? We need to find a veteran that can compete for a job on the offensive line.

How many times do you need to get hit in the head by a rock before you feel it?

My lord its pretty apparent that we weren't out to fix the O-line through FA. And if its not apparent by now then you need brain surgery. Huock is gonna do his best with our group of underacheiving draft picks and lack-luster football players. theres talent on the line, someone just needs to get it rolling. Huock can do that.

Saban4prez is right.

Do you know what "patience" means? How many people will continue to be unbelievable worry worts?

Saban4prez said:
How many times do you need to get hit in the head by a rock before you feel it?

My lord its pretty apparent that we weren't out to fix the O-line through FA. And if its not apparent by now then you need brain surgery. Huock is gonna do his best with our group of underacheiving draft picks and lack-luster football players. theres talent on the line, someone just needs to get it rolling. Huock can do that.

:roflmao: Not unless he's going to play for them. :roflmao:

u know

Satan is wanting all these DTs and DEs but our biggest f***** problem last year was our Offensive Line. It gave AJ No time, Sammy no room and was the main reason for all of our turnovers. Every announcer always commented on how bad our oline played and Little Nicky doesnt want to change anything.

Instead of realeasing Freeman (who played very well) we could have realesed Jeno "waste of good money" James

CChambers7284 said:
....but our biggest f***** problem last year was our Offensive Line.

Getting Linehan and Houke is much better than ANY FA lineman or draftee.

ok maybe you have trouble with long term memory Saban4prez. The dolphins were terrible with the offensive line last year. Yet many people forget on how terrible they really were. For the past three years our line has been terrible. I dont not believe we have the guys who can get it done to make it a good line.

..... Also I would like to remind you that Saban WAS looking at offensive linemen in free agency. We brought in Rick Demulling and Stockar Mcdougle for workouts. So stop saying we are not going to possibly sign any offensive linemen. There are still some underrated offensive linemen we can sign. Hopefully we can get one to compete. Houck will help out our line but it still needs help. Houck can do but so much. You still need quality players to play the positions. Right now we are lacking in some of those departments.

TeeMoney said:
Getting Linehan and Houke is much better than ANY FA lineman or draftee.

Linehan and Houke are definitly way better than any free-agent. They are able to make an O-line look great and work together (which is something that we didnt have last year.......................at all)

Patience dude....

I bet a lot of the troubles we had were the scheme. Hopefully Saban is right and we already have enough talent to work with.

I still think we will pick up someone in the draft.

finsgonewild said:
ok maybe you have trouble with long term memory.... Yet many people forget on how terrible they really were.

:shakeno:

Miami had a top 10 runner in 2003, and was middle of the road in sacks allowed. Passing Offense was bad (22nd), but they had Fiedler and....

Miami had a top 5 rusher in 2002, and was pretty good (top 10) in sacks allowed by the O-Line. Miami was 11th in passing but they had Fiedler and....

TeeMoney said:
:shakeno:

Miami had a top 10 runner in 2003, and was middle of the road in sacks allowed. Passing Offense was bad (22nd), but they had Fiedler and....

Miami had a top 5 rusher in 2002, and was pretty good (top 10) in sacks allowed by the O-Line. Miami was 11th in passing but they had Fiedler and....

And in 2004 they purged that line and they couldn't stop a cold. :D

Houck's name gets butchered more than nuclear.

I admit it's a little concerning when we hear things about trading for a DE after we've already picked up two in FA, and yet there's no movement on the OL. But in Saban I trust. Our coaching staff knows a heck of a lot more about the OL than I do, and either they figure the best way to improve it is via the draft or via coaching or both. Good enough for me.

TouchMyMarino said:
Houck's name gets butchered more than nuclear.

Spelling is funny.

Whenever I think of writing his name, I think of Ren Hoek. Ahh, boiled football leather.

Back
Top Bottom