are the dolphins going to sign an offensive lineman!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are the dolphins going to sign an offensive lineman!!!!

not only do we have houck but probaly the best collegiete line coack in the usc dude

but i love offensive line so i couldn't care less when we take em. ben wilkerson in the 2nd round, i like it.

finz99 said:
That would include me...odd way to spell a name...always thought it was Houck

You're right. Worse, though, it's pronounced more hawk than hook.

I expected to be pleasantly surprised ... although if I expect it, hmm... I expect people will be pleasantly surprised with our OL. We aren't paying Houck a million to put up turnstiles.

Ummm..I can't help it, I have to respond. People who can't spell probably should leave correcting someone's spelling to others. For instance, I can appreciate that some might get impatient with others who can't spell Houck's name. However, FYI if you were to "loose" something you would probably be setting it free, but you wouldn't be "losing" it. Likewise, "patients" are generally found in a hospital receiving medical care. So I suspect you meant to post that you were losing your patience.

When Bates left he said our biggest (surprise) area of concern was our defense. Obviously Saban sees that as well. Our O-line sucked.....yeah.....they were also the youngest O-line in the league with the least amount of experience. Now I'm not going to say that they will all grow to be excellent but they will improve and did last year. It didn't help with Wanny and Bates constantly switching players out either.

That said, they did improve some, have a year together under their belt, and I'm guessing that Saban thinks with a new O-line coach they can improve more in conjuction with a solid RB to help alleviate some pressure.

Our D on the other hand couldn't stop the run, is aging and is overpaid. He has started to solve that problem by making it more versatile, bigger and to spread the $ around more between the defensive players to upgrade various spots.

Seems like a stretch to think all this line needed was coaching. They were overpowered and manhandled routinely. Seems there was a big difference between the talent on opposing defenses and our line. Im hoping for the best for the line to improve but I have to admit to being skeptical. So far we have the same Rb's, same Wr's, same Qb's, same line--and we had one of the worst if not the worst offense in football......whew I really, really hope you guys are right but this looks like a prescription for disaster to me. Hope the draft and a few more signings puts things in a better light but right now I cant see the offense just magically getting better with Lineham and Houck. I remember people thinking the same things when Norv came here...."Jay will get better"....Ive got my fingers crossed here..

if Houck is Houk
and patients is patience
then this must be a Fruedian slip?

CChambers7284
The Biggest Fins Fan from CT quote;

:fire: Satan is wanting all these DTs and DEs but our biggest f***** problem last year was our Offensive Line. :wink:

Ignoring the spelling police for now, though I at least thought the comment very funny, let us look again at the Oline we have.

Three veterans from other teams, James, McIntosh, and St. Clair. All performed better in their original settings than with Miami.

Four first day draft picks, McKinney, Smith, Carey, and Whitely. Add to that Hadnot, Jerman, and Pape and the likelihood that all 10 are busts seems too large for probability. Yes, on occasion they were manhandled, but there were also more occasions where they were looking around, seemingly unsure of what was going on. I am convinced that the scheme was a HUGE part of the trouble we had with the line last year.

When Boudreau was the Oline coach we got solid service from a yeoman line. Houck and the USC guy, old whatshisname, should make a big differance.

P.S. living up here I've seen a lot of McDougle, he's OK but I don't think he would be a huge improvement over what we already have.

I cant see a scheme being the reason a guy was literally run over like a lot of our guys were. I can see a scheme improving the play but if Im Feeley Im raising my insurance bigtime in the offseason and praying religiously.

It does not take a coach to show you how to put a hat on a hat and whip someone. These guys ned to pull thier heads out thier butts and grow some nads. I would be ashamed if someone watched the tapes of last season and i was playing on that line.

Ohiophinphan said:
Three veterans from other teams, James, McIntosh, and St. Clair. All performed better in their original settings than with Miami.

Four first day draft picks, McKinney, Smith, Carey, and Whitely. Add to that Hadnot, Jerman, and Pape and the likelihood that all 10 are busts seems too large for probability.

Exactly. I think, at least for the most part, the talent is there; it just hasn't been developed for whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom