Are the Dolphins hurting themselves by prioritizing Versatility over Proficiency? (Video) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins hurting themselves by prioritizing Versatility over Proficiency? (Video)

KingHydra

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think this is a great point of interest. In other words, we released a solid Tackle (Brown) because he only plays tackle. We replace him with a crappy lineman that can play all positions in an equally poor fashion. Same with Flowers. They hint that Flowers was released because he couldnt play Tackle but was a good Guard.
Good video and I totally agree.

Well it took Flo 4 weeks to start Eichenberg at LT, the position he played for 2.5 years at Notre Dame and WHAM! 77 PFF rating.
Who knew (sarcasm)?
I wanted Jackson at LT and Eich at RT. I'd still like to see that. But I'm not sure I'd say I'm stubborn. 4 week... I'm mean okay I guess. But to me that's just looking for and allowing time for progression. It didn't show, we adjusted.
I just see a major difference btw that and the likes of Gase.
I just can't get on board with canning Flo after 5 games when he was able to do what he did the last two years. We knew the first 5 games were going to be a gauntlet. Now, I'm waiting to see how Flo reacts

Robert Hunt is a perfect example...

He could have been developed as the RT, the position he's been most successful with during his football career, but we decided he would be a good RG because he's big.

If the South Florida media doesn't fry his a** after this season then we may as well keep him and let him stay the course

As a manager myself (not trying to say Im an NFL HC) but I would def would have started Eich at a position he knows so well as he acclimated to the NFL. Going from College to the NFL is hard enough.
I understand why we did it though.
Get their feet wet where they're comfortable at, worry about versatility later.

I think this is a great point of interest. In other words, we released a solid Tackle (Brown) because he only plays tackle. We replace him with a crappy lineman that can play all positions in an equally poor fashion. Same with Flowers. They hint that Flowers was released because he couldnt play Tackle but was a good Guard.
Good video and I totally agree.

Interesting point.

You may be onto something.

This could also be affecting the secondary!

Back
Top Bottom