Are the Dolphins keeping Booker ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Dolphins keeping Booker ?

Try watching the games this year because God knows you couldn't have watched many games last year if

You think Booker is one of the better receivers in the league(this has to be one of the most absurd statements I have read here in some time)AHHHHHH

Booker could be #1 on a few NFL teams...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You think our WR are one of the better parts of this team...AHHHHHHHHH

Chambers is a beast...AHHHHHHHHHH

I am speachless after reading your post...AHHHHHHHHHHH

Agree 100%. They're out there aren't they?

I think that Marty Booker is a good receiver, Chris Chambers is a good receiver, the fins need a speed receiver(Ted Ginn Jr.) to open up passing lane down the field, a Qb that can throw the pill.(C-pep, David Carr, Drew Stanton).

Booker is the only reciever who knows how to adjust to a QB who ends up scrammbling around in the pocket.

Just watch the New England game again (21-0).

Booker is a decent vet WR, i think he was on the trading block at the start of postseason but nobody has offered the required 2nd/3rd round pick.........until NE came with a 2nd and a 7th round pick for Welker...it's obvious that Booker will remain as #3 receiver behind a great rookie and Chambers

Why in the hell would we trade one of our better players who's market value dosen't match his ability. Booker is one of the better receivers in the league. If you ask me he could be a #1 on a few NFL teams. Don't let these muppets on here who play too much Madden and have no understanding of the game make you believe he isnt. Chambers is a beast too. Our WR position is one of the better parts of our team. Need to focus on QB, DB, OL and depth on all D in that order.

Go look at the stats. He isn't worth anywhere near three and a half million. We can trade or cut him without any dead money to speak of. I'm very upset he is still on the roster. That 3.7 million could've gone to a real impact player
like Hamlin or an offensive lineman.

Maybe they will trade him and spend the money on Carr.

I have no idea why he hasn't been openly shopped to every team in the NFL.
He is a decent veteran receiver, but he is a luxury to the Dolphins at this point. He belongs on a team like Green Bay or the Colts or even the Cheifs but the owner of the cheifs is about as out of touch with reality as Davis with the Raiders.

Use him to trade up in the third or fourth strategically. There is going to be some great talent in the third and fourth round this year. Guys like Satele and Bush and Piscatelli. Marshall Yanda and Doug Datish. Doug Free and Wendling and Zabransky.

Booker and his big salary should move on. He's over 30, we need to get younger where we can.

Okay, here is FFIC's opinion. I like the play of Booker when he is on the field. He can't stay healthy for a whole season. Chambers can't live up to a number one receiver, losses concentration at times in my opinion, and can't be the go to guy. I think we lost the receiver that we could count on teh most, and that was Welker. He seemed to be there when a catch was needed. These reasons are why I think we will draft a wide receiver if Quinn is off the board.:wink:

That's a darn good summary, FFIC. Bellichick ain't no fool, he got Welker for a reason. Welker's a solid slot guy, returner, good hands, hard worker, and just a winner. Best of luck to Welker, he deserves it. The question is, do you reach for Ginn, Meachem, Bowe in the 1st round? What about OT Levi Brown for that matter? Being from Cali what are your opinions on Jarrett and Smith at USC. What abut QB Trent Edwards at Stanford?

For better or worse, I'm focused on C Kalil and WR Sidney Rice with the 40th pick, maybe Ben Grubbs. Any thoughts? And finally, how would you feel about taking Steve Smith with #60?

I have too many memories of Chambers stepping out of bounds, failing to make easy catches, etc. The whole is NOT greater than the sum of Chamber's parts. Nice guy, but time to move on.

And finally, my best guess is that we should either trade up for Quinn if the Cameron/Mueller conviction is there or just slide down. Ideal situation: package Chambers in a deal to land Quinn, or maybe Calvin Johnson.

Try watching the games this year because God knows you couldn't have watched many games last year if

You think Booker is one of the better receivers in the league(this has to be one of the most absurd statements I have read here in some time)AHHHHHH

Booker could be #1 on a few NFL teams...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You think our WR are one of the better parts of this team...AHHHHHHHHH

Chambers is a beast...AHHHHHHHHHH

I am speachless after reading your post...AHHHHHHHHHHH

Ive watched every play of every game since directv came out with sunday ticket.....AHHHHHH
Unlike most of you clowns who post up on saturdays and sundays asking which games will be shown where....AHHHHHH
Stop looking at statistics so much. It is difficult to put up great numbers when you had the worst QB in the league starting the season and then Harrington take over....AHHHHH
Actually Booker had a nice thing goin with Joey. But you can't expect anyone to put up numbers with Culpepper. Chambers had great numbers with Gus once they got the system down....AHHHHHH
Actually watch games and stop playing madden, watching highlights, and looking at fantasy stats.....AHHHHH

That's a darn good summary, FFIC. Bellichick ain't no fool, he got Welker for a reason. Welker's a solid slot guy, returner, good hands, hard worker, and just a winner. Best of luck to Welker, he deserves it. The question is, do you reach for Ginn, Meachem, Bowe in the 1st round? What about OT Levi Brown for that matter? Being from Cali what are your opinions on Jarrett and Smith at USC. What abut QB Trent Edwards at Stanford?

For better or worse, I'm focused on C Kalil and WR Sidney Rice with the 40th pick, maybe Ben Grubbs. Any thoughts? And finally, how would you feel about taking Steve Smith with #60?

I have too many memories of Chambers stepping out of bounds, failing to make easy catches, etc. The whole is NOT greater than the sum of Chamber's parts. Nice guy, but time to move on.

And finally, my best guess is that we should either trade up for Quinn if the Cameron/Mueller conviction is there or just slide down. Ideal situation: package Chambers in a deal to land Quinn, or maybe Calvin Johnson.
Bro I don't have time to follow a lot of college ball. I think Randy and Cam do there homework on Levi Brown as to if he is the player to take. I have been hearing, and reading a lot of good stuff about Ginn that can help us in the return game and in the wide receiver position as well. I don't think Ginn will be a reach at 9, and Robert Meachem is moving up fast to the mid to early first round.

As far as quarterbacks go, I trust in Randy on this one. As for lineman if we pass on Brown, and if he is gone, then Justin Blalock of Texas could come in the 2nd round to help out or Oline. I am not a draft expert, just my thoughts.

Joining VIP is very well worth it, especially at the draft time of the year.:wink:

The main reson our receivers suck. No speed
Almost any team can cover our no1 receiver man to man
Chris relies on natural ability to make big plays not rout running or seperation

Booker runs great routes but no speed

Welker is no diffrent than Dante Hall good special teamer and can come in under the radar and steal a catch no speed great quickness.

Hagan has the size to be a beast but not the speed I think he will have a breakout year without Randy hogging the catches.

The main reson our receivers suck. No speed
Almost any team can cover our no1 receiver man to man
Chris relies on natural ability to make big plays not rout running or seperation

Booker runs great routes but no speed

Welker is no diffrent than Dante Hall good special teamer and can come in under the radar and steal a catch no speed great quickness.

Hagan has the size to be a beast but not the speed I think he will have a breakout year without Randy hogging the catches.
You missed a couple small points bro. Chris can't hold on to the ball. Booker can't stay on the field for a 16 game schedule, Welker made the catches, Hagan is showing early signs of Chambers drops, and Randy was inconsistant as well.

Booker has the most solid hands of any recievers on the roster now. McMike and Chambers couldn't hold onto the ball for their life.

You missed a couple small points bro. Chris can't hold on to the ball. Booker can't stay on the field for a 16 game schedule, Welker made the catches, Hagan is showing early signs of Chambers drops, and Randy was inconsistant as well.

Absolutely correct, you are 100% right.

did someone hear a rumor about trading booker or is this a question that is looming on you b/c i dont ever see us getting rid of booker at least not in the next 4-5 years

Ive watched every play of every game since directv came out with sunday ticket.....AHHHHHH
Unlike most of you clowns who post up on saturdays and sundays asking which games will be shown where....AHHHHHH
Stop looking at statistics so much. It is difficult to put up great numbers when you had the worst QB in the league starting the season and then Harrington take over....AHHHHH
Actually Booker had a nice thing goin with Joey. But you can't expect anyone to put up numbers with Culpepper. Chambers had great numbers with Gus once they got the system down....AHHHHHH
Actually watch games and stop playing madden, watching highlights, and looking at fantasy stats.....AHHHHH

I'm 49 years old and have never played Madden so wake up!

Your opinions on Booker are somewhere between the x files and the outer limits...GET BACK TO REALITY...and for God's sake stay out of the coal mines
in West Virginia IT'S STARTING TO AFFECT YOUR JUDGEMENT.:rolleyes2

Booker is a player you can count on to get it done when everyone else is being covered. Booker is the undercover brother with the hands to make it happen. Please keep him around unless we draft Johnson or Ginn.:dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom