Are the fins one of the five worst teams? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the fins one of the five worst teams?

endlessdolphin-1.gif

Well do you think the fins are one of the five worst teams in the league right now? If not rank em!

I actually already made a thread about this yesterday, but just to recap, Here are the 7 worst teams in the NFL, and you can move them around a bit you know what I mean?

32. Arizona Cardinals. Kolb and Skelton your QB? Enough said. Lost starting left tackle Levis Brown.
31. Cleveland Browns. Rookie Quarterback Brandon Weeden looks shaky in the pre-season, knee surgery for their running back, other key injuries and a general lack of overall talent because they have too many cooks in the kitchen, i.e. their personnel dept.

Now, at this point, the next three teams could all be in any order:

Jets - One of the few offenses in the league that could actually be worst than ours
Dolphins - Passing game is weak, offensive line is suspect, defense looks like it won't be good enough to make up for these deficiencies, oh yeah, and we are starting a rookie QB with not very many weapons and a rookie head coach.
Jacksonville Jaguars - Blaine Gabbert looks improved, but MJD's hold out is going to hurt. At least they drafted someone for Gabbert to throw to in Justin Blackmon, but they play in a tough division and they will probably still suck.

Some argue for St. Louis, but I think they have improved enough to be better than the 5 teams mentioned above, although, maybe one of these 5 teams will be slightly better then them, but I think Sam Bradford looks strong and they
added some good players this off season.

Minnesota plays in a tough division, so they could sneak into the bottom 5 pretty easily as well, but I don't think we are any better than they are.

Just my humble opinion...

We'll be horrible on D and probably worse on O. Our only "saving grace", if you can call it that, is we have a weak schedule so we'll likely end up with the 5th to 9th pick in the draft again.

The Jags are at least a year ahead of us because their kid was drafted last year and already went through his rookie season. Now he has a weapon and knows how to use him. He's been passing to Blackmon and looking damn good doing it. Plus their secondary is better than ours because UM's secondary is better than ours.

Besides the Rams, I can't see any other team in the NFL being worse than the Dolphins both on paper and from what we've seen on film. Miami has one quality linebacker who's been underperforming, one average cornerback, and 2 good defensive linemen(Solai and Wake) and one average one (Starks). On Offense, we have, who I think could be a fantastic set of RBs, One average TE (Fasano) and one who could be in the top 10 (Clay) down the road. We have what Patty shot at at WR, and one good (not great, IMO) lineman. Pouncey could be a great center but right now he's good. Long is good but he's NOT the best from that draft class. Miami could've traded down, picked another 2nd round pick and gotten a lineman as good as Long.
Oh, and Carpenter's pretty good but misses some when they really count. When he missed that chip-shot against Houston last year, it was crushing. Our punter is good too, probably because he gets so much practice.
5 great players out of 53. I can't see us being better than any other team in the NFL.

If you are halfway objective in the least you have to think that we are AT BEST the 25th or 26th best team in the league. I don't think that the Jets are much better but we have NO starting caliber receivers, a rookie QB w talent but far from a super prospect a la Luck, the right side of our o line is totally suspect, our LG is average and now our LT and the best player on our team is hurt... Again. Our runningbacks are average and will see tons of 8 in the box fronts, and defensively we have terrible safeties, just traded our best young secondary player, our run D is pretty good, and we have NO pass rush besides Wake.

= 4-12. Sorry.
W/ Long out I think we lose by about 30 in HOU week 1. Gamblers take heed...

I think we are easily in the bottom 5, at least on paper and based on preseason.
Time will only tell how good or bad we really are.

Back
Top Bottom