Are The Miami Dolphins A 2018 Playoff Team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Miami Dolphins A 2018 Playoff Team?

Will the 2018 Miami Dolphins make the playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 49 52.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 47.3%

• Total voters

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usa_today_10334684.0.jpg

Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports

There has been a lot of discussion recently about the Miami Dolphins, with divergent opinions about what the team is doing. Are they in a rebuild, shedding players like Ndamukong Suh, Jarvis Landry, Mike Pouncey, and Jay Ajayi over the past few months? Are they a win now team adding players like Robert Quinn, Frank Gore, Danny Amendola, and Josh Sitton? Are they a team looking to aggressively move up in the Draft to select a quarterback? Are they a team willing to wait at the number 11 position in the selection process and see who is still on their draft board when they are on the clock?
Are any of those descriptions correct?
Yes.
Are all of them correct?
Yes.
https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/3/30/17180122/2018-miami-dolphins-preview-playoff-team-rebuild

FO SHIZZLE!

What the heck, its 430 AM and im hopped up on Monsters and Aspirin. Tanne had the surgery so his knee is gonna be stronger than last year. Our OL should be stronger, if nothing else from moving Larson back to his preferred position (even though Davis should get first shot at starter with Larsen back up at the 3 interior spots), Sitton solidifying the other G spot, and a C that practices daily with the team to get cohesiveness. hopefully more holes for drake and Tanne can stay up right. potential speed to burn on the outside, 2 wides on both sides with some lineups including grant one side, Wilson on the other. no clue where that bubble screen or rub is gonna go. not to mention if the linebackers cheat wide to help with the screens then drake is gonna feed on the inside (which I know hes not known for) we gonna bubble screen allllll the way to the playoffs. Plus now that we have our QB back that can hit the deep ball and potentially 4 deep targets, where does the safety cheat over to help. It was what I was ultimately hopipng for with grant, and now we get a little with Wilson. Speed kills and scares D's, Ted Ginn required the safety to cheat over even if he wasn't an elite WR, this is why we brought in amendola, to help find those little holes that the speed guys open up.

ON defense, Phillips is gonna make us forget about Suh :-) Phillips plays when he is motivated. what do contract years equal for players that play with they are motivated.?? Phillips is going to try to get PAID. LB's are still scary but hopefully that's what we get the Chef back for. Keep the DBs healthy and oh yeah, im not excited about the D as I am the O, potential, but hopefully new DB coaches saying get the ball, We all need a little T buckley type players in our life, Gamble and miss a few, that's why they are called safetys, so from time to time the CB can do something stupid. Just need them to know when they have safety help and when they can be stupid.

Go fins! playoffs baby 2018! now time for the crash, the post drained the caffeine out of me. I gotta actually do some work anyways, that's what they are paying me for, but im on break so , shhhhhhh :yawn

Have to wait until the draft to make that assertion. They don’t even have a kicker currently.

A good draft and the Fins are in. A kicker is the least of their issues at the moment. There will be a dozen UDFA kicker's to tryout when the off-season commences after the draft. I am highly optimistic that the much anticipated return of QB #17 will help out a lot!!!!!! Fins Up!!!!!!

FO SHIZZLE!

What the heck, its 430 AM and im hopped up on Monsters and Aspirin. Tanne had the surgery so his knee is gonna be stronger than last year. Our OL should be stronger, if nothing else from moving Larson back to his preferred position (even though Davis should get first shot at starter with Larsen back up at the 3 interior spots), Sitton solidifying the other G spot, and a C that practices daily with the team to get cohesiveness. hopefully more holes for drake and Tanne can stay up right. potential speed to burn on the outside, 2 wides on both sides with some lineups including grant one side, Wilson on the other. no clue where that bubble screen or rub is gonna go. not to mention if the linebackers cheat wide to help with the screens then drake is gonna feed on the inside (which I know hes not known for) we gonna bubble screen allllll the way to the playoffs. Plus now that we have our QB back that can hit the deep ball and potentially 4 deep targets, where does the safety cheat over to help. It was what I was ultimately hopipng for with grant, and now we get a little with Wilson. Speed kills and scares D's, Ted Ginn required the safety to cheat over even if he wasn't an elite WR, this is why we brought in amendola, to help find those little holes that the speed guys open up.

ON defense, Phillips is gonna make us forget about Suh :) Phillips plays when he is motivated. what do contract years equal for players that play with they are motivated.?? Phillips is going to try to get PAID. LB's are still scary but hopefully that's what we get the Chef back for. Keep the DBs healthy and oh yeah, im not excited about the D as I am the O, potential, but hopefully new DB coaches saying get the ball, We all need a little T buckley type players in our life, Gamble and miss a few, that's why they are called safetys, so from time to time the CB can do something stupid. Just need them to know when they have safety help and when they can be stupid.

Go fins! playoffs baby 2018! now time for the crash, the post drained the caffeine out of me. I gotta actually do some work anyways, that's what they are paying me for, but im on break so , shhhhhhh :yawn

Miami is one of those teams with a 1000 questions. I'll not list them all.
Can the penalties and missed assignments be reduced?
Can the team stay relatively healthy?
How long will it take the OL to gel?
Who are the draf picks and how will they perform?
What of the youth - X, Tank, McMillan, Harris, Phillips, et al?
What of the FAs?
How will Tannehill perform?
All of these, and many others, will determine if Miami is a playoff team or not.
For now, the best I can say is 'it's possible' if most of these go right. If most go wrong, . . . I don't want to think about it.

Have to wait until the draft to make that assertion. They don’t even have a kicker currently.
I agree. Imo free agency and the trades we made were pretty good but we have to hit the draft. We need to draft smart and not get too cute

If you don't believe you can win the Super Bowl every year then you probably never will.

Miami needs an elite TE and LB in order for me to believe the hype. No middle of the round BS. They need gamechangers.

Oh and Ryan can’t get hurt again. Or Raekwon.

I voted Yes, but its complicated. We certainly have to stay healthy and win most of our close games. How we do in the turnover battle obviously plays a huge part as well.

Hell no! This team was way off last season and has just got rid of some of it's best players.

I'd love to be optimistic but this team killed off any optimism I may have had years ago.

Sorry, just straight real talk.

Hell no! This team was way off last season and has just got rid of some of it's best players.

I'd love to be optimistic but this team killed off any optimism I may have had years ago.

Sorry, just straight real talk.

Uh, the QB missed the whole year. That played a role in the 6-10 record.

FO SHIZZLE!

ON defense, Phillips is gonna make us forget about Suh :) Phillips plays when he is motivated. what do contract years equal for players that play with they are motivated.?? Phillips is going to try to get PAID. LB's are still scary but hopefully that's what we get the Chef back for. Keep the DBs healthy and oh yeah, im not excited about the D as I am the O, potential, but hopefully new DB coaches saying get the ball, We all need a little T buckley type players in our life, Gamble and miss a few, that's why they are called safetys, so from time to time the CB can do something stupid. Just need them to know when they have safety help and when they can be stupid.

great post Crump!

I’d say yes, assuming Tannehill is healthy and doesn’t suffer a season-ending injury again.

That being said, I think they’d be one and done in the WC round and not necessarily ready to compete on the big stage.

Back
Top Bottom