Are The Miami Dolphins A 2018 Playoff Team? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Miami Dolphins A 2018 Playoff Team?

Will the 2018 Miami Dolphins make the playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 49 52.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 47.3%

• Total voters
I’d say yes, assuming Tannehill is healthy and doesn’t suffer a season-ending injury again.

That being said, I think they’d be one and done in the WC round and not necessarily ready to compete on the big stage.

One and done would be an amazing accomplishment to some here, ummm, unless they get there. THEN the complaint will be another one and done season.

That said, I still see no way to predict. Only a handful of teams will start the season with as many questions.

I’d say they played FA wisely and conservatively.

That fact alone stuns me.

If they handle the draft as wisely, I’d guess we’ll have a decent shot.

This is one of the saddest threads I've read on Finheaven.

I'm sad for the saps who think we'll be relevant and sad for those of us who can't muster any enthusiasm for this shïtshow.

Another year. Another guaranteed disappointment.

Too many holes. No continuity. They aren’t building on last season, they are still trying to get to the season they build on to get to the next level. They aren’t there. They are laying the groundwork for being relevant in a couple of years at best. All starts with a quarterback and our current guy is not exactly a world beater.

Who cares if we are? We’re not winning any kind of Super Bowl and this team isn’t built for an extended run of success yet. Too many stop gap players this year. Draft is the most relevant thing the team will do 2018

usa_today_10334684.0.jpg

Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/3/30/17180122/2018-miami-dolphins-preview-playoff-team-rebuild[/QUOTE]

Yes
Probably

If Tannehill stays healthy, with the weapons Gase has on offense that side of the ball will definitely be improved in 2018. Find a high ceiling TE that can be a threat in the passing game and this could become a dynamic offense.

On the defensive side, if McMillian can come back and live up to expectations that makes the LB corps better than last season. Quinn should improve the pass rush while also having William Hayes back is huge. If they can draft another impact LB and a FS the defense should be improved overall. Replacing Suh will be the biggest obstacle. If Phillips plays up to his talent level and one of the other DTs steps up then the run defense should be ok.

With all that being said I believe the Dolphins will return to the playoffs in 2018.

Possible but probably not. Even if Tannehill is healthy, good chance he'll be rusty through several games. If not, and if he finally breaks out, I could see sliding into a wild card spot. AFC isn't very strong right now.

The Dolphins at best are an 8 win team. No shot at making the playoffs this year.

It's not just about how good we are but what teams will be better than us. The division winners might be: NE, Pitt, Jaguars and KC. Are we better than the other wild card contenders? If two are better than us then we don't make it: Buff, NY, Balt, Cin, Houston, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers?

Nope, unless we hit a real weak schedule. Realize that RT has been off for 2 years so its going to take a few games for him to come around. Plus we have diva receiver to help him out and no proven running game. Defense we were poor against the run last year and loosing Suh was huge in that aspect.

Back
Top Bottom