Are the Miami Dolphins headed in the right direction? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Miami Dolphins headed in the right direction?

This is what I would do next year...
QB- Henne, Thigpen and 3rd string vet for the min. I think the Fins should take one more turn with Henne. Maybe he has not been that bad. Plus, I would like to think with another OC he could be better. Finally, finding a franchise QB is going to be hard this offseason.

RB- DRAFT R3, Williams, Hilliard Cobbs. I am letting Brown go. Backs can be found later in the draft. Re-sign Williams and Hilliard.

WR- Marshall, Hartline, Bess, UFA WR (speed guy, Santana Moss) who give a few snaps to blow top of D and return some kicks, Marlon Moore?

TE- Fasano, Rd 4 TE, Masturd. TE must have some athleticism.

OT- Long, Rd 1 RT

OG- UFA LG, Carey (bumping him inside)

C- Berger

DEPTH- Hasn't the last two seasons taught us that depth is vital. Therefore, I have Jerry, Garner and McQuistan (re-signed) on the bench.

DE- Ordrich, Langford, Baker, Merling

NT- Starks, Soliai

OLB- Wake, Misi, IAF, Moses?

MLB- Dansby, Crowder, Dobbins, Edds

CB- Davis, Smith, Sapp, Carroll, UFA CB that can compete for the nickel job/ Release Will Allen

S- Bell, Culver, Jones, Clemons

ST- Denney, Carpenter, Fields

Recap
FA: WR, LG, Nickel CB

Draft:
1. RT
3. RB
4. TE

The positives:
* In theory, more speed on offense
* Superior Oline depth
* Solid enough on defense

Negatories
* Did I add enough impact guys/big play guys
* Can a middle round RB carry the RB load?
* Can a middle round TE do enough to help from such a vital position?
* I wish I could upgrade Crowder :)
* Wanted another pass rush guy opposite Wake, but felt Misi needed more refinement.
* Henne is still the guy. Can he get us to the next level?

BTW: a new OC! Keep Nolan...Jury is still out on Tony and Jeff.

if we actually could have a great draft for a change it'd be nice....instead, we have no 2nd round pick and NE has 2 pick in round 1, 2, 3, and 4......we need speed at WR, RB young and TE.We need to fix the o-line once again.....our defence has some talent but is young and therefor inconsisten....we also need a starter on the other side of Davis and an ILB that makes more plays than Crowder who runs his dumb mouth more often than the plays he makes......we need a new OC and posibly a new HC......NOw I beg the question, are we going in the right direction?....if we are then the destination must be far cause is going to take us a long while to get there.

Ozzy rules!!

Hell yeah we are heading in the right direction! A couple more games like this and Ross flushes the toilet! This regime will NEVER win us a championship!

This is what I would do next year...
QB- Henne, Thigpen and 3rd string vet for the min. I think the Fins should take one more turn with Henne. Maybe he has not been that bad. Plus, I would like to think with another OC he could be better. Finally, finding a franchise QB is going to be hard this offseason.

RB- DRAFT R3, Williams, Hilliard Cobbs. I am letting Brown go. Backs can be found later in the draft. Re-sign Williams and Hilliard.

WR- Marshall, Hartline, Bess, UFA WR (speed guy, Santana Moss) who give a few snaps to blow top of D and return some kicks, Marlon Moore?

TE- Fasano, Rd 4 TE, Masturd. TE must have some athleticism.

OT- Long, Rd 1 RT

OG- UFA LG, Carey (bumping him inside)

C- Berger

DEPTH- Hasn't the last two seasons taught us that depth is vital. Therefore, I have Jerry, Garner and McQuistan (re-signed) on the bench.

DE- Ordrich, Langford, Baker, Merling

NT- Starks, Soliai

OLB- Wake, Misi, IAF, Moses?

MLB- Dansby, Crowder, Dobbins, Edds

CB- Davis, Smith, Sapp, Carroll, UFA CB that can compete for the nickel job/ Release Will Allen

S- Bell, Culver, Jones, Clemons

ST- Denney, Carpenter, Fields

Recap
FA: WR, LG, Nickel CB

Draft:
1. RT
3. RB
4. TE

The positives:
* In theory, more speed on offense
* Superior Oline depth
* Solid enough on defense

Negatories
* Did I add enough impact guys/big play guys
* Can a middle round RB carry the RB load?
* Can a middle round TE do enough to help from such a vital position?
* I wish I could upgrade Crowder :)
* Wanted another pass rush guy opposite Wake, but felt Misi needed more refinement.
* Henne is still the guy. Can he get us to the next level?

BTW: a new OC! Keep Nolan...Jury is still out on Tony and Jeff.
ummmm,Micah Johnson perhaps,or even A.J. Edds...

Remember we had the steelers beaten,if it were not for the call i the end zone. If our special teams were any good we are even closer in the rest of our loses. We do have too many holes and I b elieve we need a change at head coach,oc, and special teams.

Honestly with Parcells gone and Ireland now in complete control, I think this team will actually have more success getting players. Bag on Marshall all you want, but this teams needs a big time elite receiver. That was an Ireland move, not a Parcells move. During next offsewson, don't expect Miami to shy away from certain players. We have been used to saying that we won't sign certain players because they are not Parcells type guys. I think this team could have a very good offseason.

Also, this team is closer to being a playoff team then the 1-15 mess of 2007. I think the team will be worse off if they blow it up and start over. You guys can't even give Sparano 3 full years, are you really going to sit happily through another 3-4 year rebuilding project. Doubt it. We need to keep the front office and coaching staff mostly the same with a few exceptions(Henning) and continue to build around what we have. Another blow up is the last thing this team needs.

No we're not. The problem is we can't score and are giving up way more points than we're making, even though our record is 5-5. Our scoring totals is too low.

We can't run the ball, even though we're supposed to have 2 premier backs..., why?

If we had a better Coach, I think this team could play better and be decent or if we had a better QB, we'd be a lot better.

Not sure why we got rid of Ted Ginn and Brandon Marshall has turned out to be a bust thus far, but is it his fault or the QB's...?

d-1

No we're not. The problem is we can't score and are giving up way more points than we're making, even though our record is 5-5. Our scoring totals is too low.

We can't run the ball, even though we're supposed to have 2 premier backs..., why?

If we had a better Coach, I think this team could play better and be decent or if we had a better QB, we'd be a lot better.

Not sure why we got rid of Ted Ginn and Brandon Marshall has turned out to be a bust thus far, but is it his fault or the QB's...?

d-1
Ted Ginn has done nothing in San Francisco. Also, while Marshall is having a down year in regards to his standards, he is certainly not a bust. When you are still on pace to break the team record of receptions and yards in one season, that is probably the furthest point from being a bust. Not his fault that the team can't run and that he is playing with the team's third string QB.

Sparano's 'win one for the Gipper' locker room stuff is nice and all, but he counters that with stupid decisions before, during, and after the games themselves. I don't think giving Tony another year or two will bring improvement to the Miami Dolphins. Could we win the SB eventually with him as coach? Sure, if the team carries him there. Can he carry the team to the SB? Not a chance. Sorry.

yes, we really sucked three years ago 1-15 and in three years made the playoffs once and are above 500, tell me would the lions, browns or raiders or chiefs want a turn around that fast, if we as phin fans want a dominant winning team then have patience

we need a center have not had one since dwight, the oline and speed is the draft

Yes in their scheme, he's a great punt returner, K/O returner and would have stretched the field with Marshall on the other side.

If he can bring it out to the 30 yard line and/or beyond, it becomes a game of possession by shrinking the field for our offense.

Special Teams are underrated and are a very important aspect in the game of football.

Now we will never know....

Oh well....

d-1

Ted Ginn has done nothing in San Francisco. Also, while Marshall is having a down year in regards to his standards, he is certainly not a bust. When you are still on pace to break the team record of receptions and yards in one season, that is probably the furthest point from being a bust. Not his fault that the team can't run and that he is playing with the team's third string QB.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Yes.....

d-1

we need a center have not had one since dwight, the oline and speed is the draft

Yes in their scheme, he's a great punt returner, K/O returner and would have stretched the field with Marshall on the other side.

If he can bring it out to the 30 yard line and/or beyond, it becomes a game of possession by shrinking the field for our offense.

Special Teams are underrated and are a very important aspect in the game of football.

Now we will never know....

Oh well....

d-1

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Yes.....

d-1

Ginn has only six catches for the 49ers, so he isn't exactly lighting up their passing game. Also, Caroll is doing better than Ginn as a kick returner and Bess is doing better as a punt returner. Ginn is not missed.

We need more speed on offense, more depth at the O-line, and way better play calling. Henne is fine.

That article is pretty dead on. Didn't know Omar was capable of that kind of objectivity. Right direction? Not really. I think we're stumbling away from the wrong direction. Sort of.

Back
Top Bottom