Are the Miami Dolphins headed in the right direction? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Miami Dolphins headed in the right direction?

Remember we had the steelers beaten,if it were not for the call i the end zone. If our special teams were any good we are even closer in the rest of our loses. We do have too many holes and I b elieve we need a change at head coach,oc, and special teams.

There are holes in key places that hinder Miami's progress. However, its the inflexible attitude IMO that is holding Miami back.

Simply put, its the coaching. Shula was successful w/ a stong running game (Csonka, Kiick & Morris). Don employed a similar philosophy in Baltimore. Yet, he was successful with Marino too. The game has evolved and you need to adapt.

In Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass. The Red Queen said, "It takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place."

So, with Henning, the Dolphins it seems are jogging in place.

Also, this team is closer to being a playoff team then the 1-15 mess of 2007. I think the team will be worse off if they blow it up and start over. You guys can't even give Sparano 3 full years, are you really going to sit happily through another 3-4 year rebuilding project. Doubt it. We need to keep the front office and coaching staff mostly the same with a few exceptions(Henning) and continue to build around what we have. Another blow up is the last thing this team needs.

Agreed.

Lets say the coaching staff gets canned and another regime is installed. Lets say its Cowher. How long did the Rooneys and the fans in Western PA give him to be successful?

Would a majority of fans on this site give Bill C even 25% of the time he got w/ the stealers?

That article is pretty dead on. Didn't know Omar was capable of that kind of objectivity. Right direction? Not really. I think we're stumbling away from the wrong direction. Sort of.

Omar must have wrote this while drunk because he made some sense for once

In my opinion we do have talent. Are we heading in the right direction????I dont think we are. We are so sorely lacking explosiveness on offense. We cant create takeaways for some reason. Henning is a bafoon, but that aside I think Henne will be the guy. We neeed speed in the backfield..and I agree with everyone with the tinkering of the offensive line being a main contributor to our lack of running game. Man, this has been one frustrating season

Lets say the coaching staff gets canned and another regime is installed. Lets say its Cowher. How long did the Rooneys and the fans in Western PA give him to be successful?

Would a majority of fans on this site give Bill C even 25% of the time he got w/ the stealers?

Cowher had 3 losing seasons in 15 as Steelers head coach, his 1st losing season after 7 years.

A better example is Tom Landry, who suffered 6 AWFUL season with the Cowboys before they turned it around.

Back
Top Bottom