Are The Miami Dolphins Primed To Offer Jim Harbaugh A Megadeal? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Miami Dolphins Primed To Offer Jim Harbaugh A Megadeal?

etsudolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Are The Miami Dolphins Primed To Offer Jim Harbaugh A Megadeal?

jim harbaugh
miami dolphins
michigan wolverines
stanford cardinal
Stephen Ross
by Brad Cohen | 3:58 pm, January 5th, 2011

The Jim Harbaugh Saga continues. First the former University of Michigan quarterback was going to coach at his alma mater, then it was out of the question, and now it looks like he’s going…somewhere. Apparently, Harbaugh has more suitors than The Bachelorette. Now, it looks like when he makes his Decision, he might be taking his talents to South Beach (seriously, there are rumors that he might be taking his talents to South Beach).

According to The Big Lead, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is trying to throw bags of money at Harbaugh to get him to replace the yet-to-be-fired Tony Sparano, who led the Fins to an improbable turnaround when he took the team to the 2008 playoffs in his first season—just a year after Miami finished 1-15. But after two straight 7-9 seasons, Ross is apparently looking for a new coach.

Besides being the hottest commodity in the country, Harbaugh also has some advantages over other candidates. The coach and the Miami owner are both Michigan Men (Ross has donated enough money to the university to have the business school named after him), and as you may remember from Bo Schembechler—U of M likes to keep it in the family.

This may have caused a conflict of interest a few days ago, but as the Stanford coach has reportedly dropped out of the candidacy for the Michigan coaching position, Ross can feel free to pursue him without causing too big of a stir in Ann Arbor. One thing is certain: it’s going to cost plenty of money to secure Harbaugh. According to Pro Football Talk, he’s asking for a whopping $7 million per year and has been saying he turned down a $5 million/year from U of M after his Orange Bowl victory.

Today, Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon said at a press conference for the firing of Rich Rodriguez that he believed Harbaugh was headed to the NFL. If that’s true, it’s likely he’ll end up with the Dolphins, Denver Broncos (where Stanford and NFL legend John Elway recently took a front-office position), or remain in California and take the newly-open San Francisco 49ers job. Whatever post he accepts, the expectations will be as high as the salary.
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/dolphins-courting-harbaugh/

just found this....not sure if its been posted. $$$$$$ talks

I'm not so certain he signs right away with SF after interviewing....I think at the end of the day, he goes to the highest bidder. If this is the case, we do have an advantage there. Plus he knows who his DC will be

Dear Mr. Ross,

I will pick up the other $2 million to get Harbaugh here. I will pay you 100 per month for the next...1666 years. That should do it.

It must be nice to be rich!

Dear Mr. Ross,

I will pick up the other $2 million to get Harbaugh here. I will pay you 100 per month for the next...1666 years. That should do it.

It must be nice to be rich!

Rich & being a billionaire are two diffrent things..

I consider my self rich..

But I don't even make a million let alone a billion.

Stupid amount of money.

I don't expect the Harbaugh situation to resolve itself until the end of the week. And if we lose on the Harbaugh sweepstakes, it'll be another week until Ross decides on Cowher, Gruden, or stand pat.

I'm not so certain he signs right away with SF after interviewing....I think at the end of the day, he goes to the highest bidder. If this is the case, we do have an advantage there. Plus he knows who his DC will be
True. All he woukd really have to worry about is the offense. Our D is good with Nolan

Show him the money Ross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is 7 million when you have $5+ billion in the bank? Probably a week's interest rate on your investments.

Back
Top Bottom