Are The Miami Dolphins Primed To Offer Jim Harbaugh A Megadeal? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Miami Dolphins Primed To Offer Jim Harbaugh A Megadeal?

IMO, Denver is out of the running and the promotion of Elway sealed it. Pecking order: owner, then president, then Elway. Think about that for a minute, and what it's going to do to their franchise over the next five years--if the farce lasts that long. Get used to those top ten picks, John, you'll be seeing a lot of them. Hope you run into a few guys who won't play for you because your team sucks and they threaten to play baseball instead. Didn't think I'd remember, did you?

Ross isn't the idiot that some are making him out to be. He's a billionaire business man. If there is one thing that he knows, its how to right up a contract. I will guarantee that if and when a new coach is hired no matter who it is, there will be the same type of clauses that was put in for Marshall that will let both sides walk away without so much of a hiccup to slow down the bye-bye process.

Why is Harbaugh worth it? Cause he has the kind of attitude and developemental skills that this team needs. He helped Oakland go to the Super Bowl and had Rich Gannon turn out his best years as a pro when he was an assistant there. I say go for it. Gruden and Cowher both want way too much and they haven't done anything in return to deserve it. It took Cowher 15 years to win a Super Bowl and Gruden won it with Dungy's team. Don't get me wrong, I think both coaches are much needed upgrade but I still think that Jim Harbaugh is a better one, especially if we're going to be drafting a QB, which for years Cowher or Gruden both showed that they couldn't.

Hope you run into a few guys who won't play for you because your team sucks and they threaten to play baseball instead. Didn't think I'd remember, did you?

I have no idea what your talking about but I am definitley interested. Please enlighten me on this subject

Probably won't play out until he's talked to every team willing to throw out an offer to him. Every possible destination has it's pluses and minuses and connections. Ultimately it's going to be the $$$, the authority they give him and how well he thinks he can turn around those teams. Despite the thoughts out there, I think it's between SF and us. Denver has too many issues and now an armchair QB (literally) second-guessing every one of your moves on top of a GM, owner, etc. etc.

I'm not so certain he signs right away with SF after interviewing....I think at the end of the day, he goes to the highest bidder. If this is the case, we do have an advantage there. Plus he knows who his DC will be

I disagree. for the reason that mr. ross, as far as i know has the deepest pockets in the
nfl and WILL offer a mega deal, that is if he really is looking to sign him on and this is all
nothing more than a dog and pony show so it looks like they are trying to upgrade while
all along planning on keeping tony.

EVERYTHING i have heard and seen on nfl network, nfl sirius, local sports radio, espn,
ALL report that the 49ers are the place he has wanted to be in the nfl. some are
saying its a done deal and the presser will be friday morning west coast.

I DONT THINK its a coincidence that monday, harbaugh anounced he would make
his coaching decision by FRIDAY.

THIS MORNING, the 9ers say they plan on having a h/c in place by........... FRIDAY!!!!

so i dont buy into the hi bidder thing. i dont see anyone ofering up more than ross
would or could and if it was the factor, he would still be in south florida. remember,
harbaugh was already in miami for the orange bowl and ross and ireland were on the
sideline at the game so its not like he called the finz and arranged an interview.

outside of a casuall talk in miami after the bowl, ALL of the contact has been by
phone, FROM miami.

I have no idea what your talking about but I am definitley interested. Please enlighten me on this subject

Elway didn't want to play for the Baltimore Colts who drafted him in 1983, and he threatened to play baseball instead. When it became apparent that they weren't going to be able to sign him, they traded his rights to the highest bidder... the Denver Broncos.

i really like what i am seeing from ross at least he is aggresive, wayne h wasn't and that was his down fall, i hope we get our guy, i don't harbaugh here, i think he will take the 49er job, where is wifes family is from, the wife will not let him hang out in south beach

Dear Mr. Ross,

I will pick up the other $2 million to get Harbaugh here. I will pay you 100 per month for the next...1666 years. That should do it.

It must be nice to be rich!

No way dude, that old MF'er can afford it on his own. Save your stash for something more important

Personally don't think Harbaugh is a good fit for Miami. Think he is the right coach for someone...just not us. I think he stays on the West Coast. Oakland and SF both want him, both are young and getting better, he already lives there and his wife just had a baby. Don't think we would offer a deal so much better that he would leave Cali.

I ouldn't be opposed to just getting an OC that is worth a crap and keeping Sparano and and Nolan. Definitely Nolan.

Have we even officially interviewed Harbaugh or is Ross just blindly offering him $$$ to entice him for a visit? Yes, I know he was in town for the Orange Bowl and all that but has he actually sat down and talked to the Dolphins in a meeting other than just a side conversation? If so, I haven't seen any of that being reported while he was in town. Hell, I didn't even know we were going after him that hard until he won the Orange Bowl and left.

Back
Top Bottom