Are the patsies ripe for a loss? You know it! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the patsies ripe for a loss? You know it!

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think so, look at all these trends...

Last week they allowed the Colts to score 34 points on their D... Are these signs of late season fatigue and stress beginning to show? You bet. That along with a tremendous lucky streak that will come to an end sooner or later. Adds up to Miami shinning in NE this weekend.

The Pats also know that winning football in the winter usually comes down to two things. Running the ball and playing defense.

But the Pats have only rushed for 100 yards as a team just ONCE in the past SIX games, to say they can't run the ball is to understate the problem. If there are windy conditions for this up coming game... they are Dead Meat!

Winning football also is also about limiting turnovers and field position.

Again looking at NE they turned the ball over SIX times in their past TWO games, including FOUR Tom Brady mistakes that have led directly to 28 second-half points. Sloppy play to say the least.

As Dr Z put it their offensive coordinator Weis is Miami's best kept secret since he will continue to take chances so he can become a head coach. Can you say INT'S for the Miami D?

And after cutting Ken Walter, they will go into Sunday's game against the Dolphins with a ROOKIE PUNTER who has never played in an NFL game. Oh yeah at least one fumbles snap is on the way!

So all in all, things are looking just terrible for the patsies, oh how my heart aches for them, yeah right maybe in the next life, on second thougt probably not. You gotta love it!

Miami 24 NE 7
Colts 33 Titans 31

Last edited by a moderator:
On the other hand, you could say that ALL of these mistakes, and errors, are OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM and now they will get back to MISTAKE FREE football.

There are no such things as trends, etc....

In every game, the better team, on that given day, will win out.

Throw out what happened in the previous 12 games, the only one that counts is the one being played this Sunday....and whatever happened last game, last week, the week before, etc. is history and over with.

And, home field does have an advantage, no matter what.

Heck even their papers agree that their running game stinks!

-------------------------------------------------

It will be a grind if Pats are forced to hit ground
Friday, December 5, 2003

BY TOM E. CURRAN
Journal Sports Writer

FOXBORO -- The time of the season for "establishing" things is over. By now, teams do what they do. When facing a "must" offensive play, they will go to their bread and their butter.

The Patriots' running game is neither bread nor butter. They are nobody's idea of a grind-it-out-between-the-tackles team. That they would go to the air three straight times Sunday when it was essential that they chew up some time -- regardless of the length of the throws -- shows that they don't have the requisite confidence needed to bang out yards on the ground.

Asked yesterday if there would be an occasion when the Pats would be stubborn about the run and try to establish it at this time of the year even if it wasn't working, head coach Bill Belichick said, "I think when you play a game, you definitely play to win it. At this point in the year, you can't start worrying about that type of thing. That's what preseason's for. In the regular season, you put your best shot out there every time you've got it. You see what these games come down to. One play, one yard. You better put your best stuff out there every time or you'll be taking them home with you."

This is not a good sign. By the end of 2002, opposing defenses took to jamming the Patriots' wide receivers and creeping their linebackers closer to the line.

The offense struggled. In the final eight games, the Pats managed to top 100 yards rushing as a team just twice. With injury issues at wide receiver, the Patriots had few answers.

This season, the Patriots have shown more explosiveness. Nobody was afraid of them throwing long in 2002. This season, it's been a semi-staple. Also, by the end of last year, the wide receiver corps was down to a hobbling Troy Brown, David Patten and David Givens. Even though Brown is hobbled again this year, Deion Branch is healthy, Givens is a far better player, and newly added Dedric Ward and (to a lesser degree) J.J. Stokes are also in the mix.

So the Pats are better equipped to go to the air. But when the winds of December start swirling -- as they promise to do Sunday -- a team needs to be able to run the ball when it is forced to. And the time is coming when the Patriots will be forced to.

Asked about their short-yardage shortcomings yesterday, Belichick pointed out -- accurately -- "We've gotten in on the goal line. That's what counted." They did on Sunday, thanks to two short runs by Mike Cloud.

But Miami is a different defensive animal than Indianapolis. The Dolphins are, as Belichick mentioned, stopping teams on third-and-1 more than half the time.

"They're stopping everybody," said Belichick. "It's hard to make a yard. You think you can make a yard, but it's hard to make one."

Read the rest at:

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20031205_05pats.1260fc.html

Pats are going to Run the ball. BB is a good coach and will figure out a way. Maimis D better show up big.

It's NO FEAR Time.... They lose!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by NEM
On the other hand, you could say that ALL of these mistakes, and errors, are OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM and now they will get back to MISTAKE FREE football.

There are no such things as trends, etc....

In every game, the better team, on that given day, will win out.

Throw out what happened in the previous 12 games, the only one that counts is the one being played this Sunday....and whatever happened last game, last week, the week before, etc. is history and over with.

And, home field does have an advantage, no matter what.

I have nothing but respect for what the Pats have done this year. I don't believe in luck but i do believe in heart. The patriots have shown more heart than the teams that they have beat in their close games. Including the 2 dumbass fieldgoals that Mare missed earlier this year.

I have read a lot of bickering today on why my team will beat your team. It's all BS. Whoever shows the balls on sunday will win! That's it. The point is that obviously Miami can hang with NE with how close the game was earlier in the year. Homefield won't mean sh*t ~ Miami for some reason is strong on the road this year. Whether you like it or not, Miami has more talent than New England and if they bring what they brought to Dallas - Game Over! New England could use our talent & Miami could probably use some of NE's heart. We will see who brings what on Sunday.

NE ~ overachievers
Miami ~ underachievers

I have No respect for the Pats no matter what they do. I cant bring myself to it. As much as I agree that its amazing I cant say I respect the pats.

Sorry.

Originally posted by CpuFan

The Pats also know that winning football in the winter usually comes down to two things. Running the ball and playing defense.

The Dolphins have a good running game. The dolphins have a good defense. And those are the keys to winning football in the winter. You said so yourself. So remind me, what's the Dolphins record in December?

Originally posted by Sherif
Remind yourself what the Pats record in December is.

I know with Tom Brady starting at QB we are 22 and 4 after Nov 1.

Originally posted by pats4life

That is fact..........

Originally posted by pats4life

:eek:

I love my team :D :D

Hopefully our defense steps up even with Tim, Zach and Junior banged up. The offense finally seems to be clicking but the D is falling behind in performance. This is a must-win game.

All I know is that we've given the game away to the patsies the last two times we have played...............I will give the patsies credit because the have 11 w's....but they are not dominating ANYONE......they are getting bye.......dolphins are picking up steam!!!!!!!.......just at the right time........heading down the stretch into the playoff..........

Back
Top Bottom