Are these prices Real..Games should be sold out. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are these prices Real..Games should be sold out.

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305
We are bandwagon fans here but you have to see it in another light. There are so many enterntainment options here, there is more competition here for your dollar enterntaiment was than in other cities so all sports teams here have competitive prices.

I don't buy that, there are MANY Cities w/ as many or more sports teams in their Cities than Miami and here in NY we have at least 2 in every sport. The Dolphins are THE team in South Florida and should sell out every game, there are more than enough people down there to buy the tickets but for some reason they don't. Maybe it's b/c you guys have been teased for so long, good enough to be a playoff caliber team every year but haven't taken that next step in long time.

I'm not here to critcize you guys b/c not going to a game doesn't make you less of a fan. There are a billion great fans on this board and others but for some reason you can't sell out on a regular basis.

lets face it, south florida fans are in the same league with atlanta fans, they just dont support their teams. my whole life, i heard florida people crying "bring baseball to florida". they get a two time world series winner, and no one goes to the games. they have one of the most successful franchises in NFL history, yet they cant sell out. im going to spend more money flying down to the ram game than most season tickets cost, yet you cant get people that live an hour away from the stadium to go to the games. miami fan support really angers me sometimes :yell:

There are a wide variety of "reasons" the stands don't fill up...weather, other entertainment options, corps buying out the last seats, etc. I lived there until 3 yrs ago and had season tix since 1970...I loved to go to the game early, tailgate, spend time with friends, etc, but even on those few games I didn't attend, I was rooting my team on. And I can tell you that So. Fla. is a Dolphin favorite area. The radio talk shows are inundated with Fins calls, all year long. It's a great sports town. The buyouts by corporations happen with usually less than 5000 tix not sold. The stadium holds 78,000...I think that people wait to see if it is gonna be sold out, and stay home in the a/c and watch on TV or go to sports bars if it is on TV locally. Either way, I don't get to go much now, but when I'm in town to see my kids during the season...I'm there baby !

The Dolphins have sold out every game for years. The Dolphins also have one of the larger stadiums in thr NFL. They have also ranked in the top ten in attendance for many years. Therefore, there is no reason to complain about their support.

Further, having lived in Washington, New York and Miami, I can personally attest that trying to compare these three cities is ridiculous.

New York is several times larger than Miami, and has far greater population density which puts far more fans within range of the stadium.

In Washington, (which is also larger than Miami), so many seats are bought up by the government (virtually every congressman and ambassador has seats) and by corporations that the average fan has a very difficult time getting tickets.

One final word to all of you out of towners, there are very cheap seats available to come to Miami on Jet Blue, Song, or Southwest.

So, I will expect to see all of you in the stadium for a game or two this year.

Geez, i buy the $560 ones but i dont think thats cheap ;). They are worth it though!!!! But remember its cheaper to pay for tickets as a season ticket holder, my seats would cost somewhere around $75-$85 if i paid for them individually. But as a season ticket holder we pay $68 i think.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Is this all you guys pay for season tickets?

Season tickets are now on sale and range in price from $230 to $560 for the team's ten-game home package (2 preseason, 8 regular season). Club seats also are available. Individual game tickets will go on sale in the future.

Man the people here in the DC area would kill for prices like that..how can Miami games not be sold out for that price?

I am getting a little bit sick of out of towners complaining about fans down here.

The Dolphins have sold out 8 straight years their regular season season home games. Yep, there is a game once in a while which will be effected by the blackout deadline but mostly against inferior competitions.

Ticket prices are not cheap DOWN here. I say down here because our life style is different. A job down here which pays only 8 bucks per hour may pay 16 in NY or Washington. But so is everything else more expensive in other cities.

Cost of living is different from state to state.

Now, since all the tickets are so cheap down here (for some on the board) and airline tickets are at an all time low why not buy a ticket of a sunday flight in the morning and fly out at night. Some of you would spend as much time as any tailgater.

Here is an example: On september 12 you can buy a roundtrip on spirit for 189 (NY-FLL). You arrive at 9:40am. You can fly out at 5:50pm.

A cab cost you only 10 bucks. Heck,you may even find someone on this board to pick you up, invite you to a tailgate party and drop you back off.

So for 190 bucks you got your flight and food.

I pay usually between 30 bucks (for 4 tailgaters) and 150 bucks (for the season ending 16 tailgaters) in food and gas (for the grill). Add to that: gasoline for the car (10 bucks) and parking (16 bucks) and we are almost even.

When you go on your plane at 6:40 am I am already loading up my car. You don't even have to stay up the night before when I go shopping and prepare the food. When you leave FLL I am still on the road going back home.

So, the effort between you and me is dead even.

Now I used NY because there are a lot of NYers who complain. I assume you live in maryland. Guess what...ticket from Baltimore right now is 191. Change the flight times a little bit and you are still on.

So, what is your exccuse now?

I bet there is a bunch of Marylanders. Get a group discount.

In todays times with all that technology and cheap flights the excuse "oh you down there" doesn't count anymore.

I can afford multiple season tickets but there are people down here who can't even afford one season ticket. Either you live with it or you do your part and get yourself down here once in a while.

In the mean time don't trash Dolphins fans in south Florida if you do not know the economic situation and especially do not trash if you can do something on your own.

Also: the Dophins had a season ticket holder base of 60,000 the last two years. A lot of stadiums are capped at 60,000 or are nearly sold out at that number. I am not sure about the exact numbers but I bet that you will find only maybe 10 stadiums (max) who are in the 75,000 plus range.

I'd have to agree with ZS13.
These assumptions that Miami has a fickle fan base is without warrant. Have any of you considered other statistical points:

* Population density in these cities.
* The percentage of natives vs. transplants. Miami probably has more people from OTHER PLACES than any of these. How can a fan base grow like that?

* If the Dolphins support is so poor, why have they stayed in Miami? Why haven't they moved the team to a better locale?

* You state that ticket prices are cheap, but who buys just 1 season ticket? By the time you add a couple of tickets and parking and all of the seasonal necessities and travel time. Season tickets can get rather expensive. Its not like in those bigger metropolitan areas, where we can just catch the train to the game. Our public trans. system is not developed enough to support that. So the price of season tickets is much more expensive here than what you see.

There are many other factors... and I guess what I'm trying to convey is that Miami is no different than anyplace else. It's all about looking at the bigger picture.

And as for other teams.... I have to admit, I'm primarily a football guy, but I DID jump on the Marlin Bandwagon. I might even go to a game this season... that is a normal reaction. Who wants to go to watch the home team lose? Better yet, who wants to PAY to watch the home team lose?
Who's got time or money to attend two different sports events on a regular basis.... I take basketball, hockey, baseball seasons off to get ready for football.

Originally posted by zachseau13
The Dolphins have sold out every game for years. The Dolphins also have one of the larger stadiums in thr NFL. They have also ranked in the top ten in attendance for many years. Therefore, there is no reason to complain about their support.

Further, having lived in Washington, New York and Miami, I can personally attest that trying to compare these three cities is ridiculous.

New York is several times larger than Miami, and has far greater population density which puts far more fans within range of the stadium.

In Washington, (which is also larger than Miami), so many seats are bought up by the government (virtually every congressman and ambassador has seats) and by corporations that the average fan has a very difficult time getting tickets.

One final word to all of you out of towners, there are very cheap seats available to come to Miami on Jet Blue, Song, or Southwest.

So, I will expect to see all of you in the stadium for a game or two this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by goldfish

Just to add to that.....

Under 65,000 (6 out of 31; 19%)
64,000 Metro Dome, Vikings (NFC)
64,000 3-Com, SF (NFC)
64,000 Heinz, Steelers (AFC)
63,000 NA Coliseum, Raiders (AFC)
63,000 Soldier Field II, Bears (NFC)
60,000 RCA, Colts (AFC)

Under 70,000 (12 out of 31; 39%)
69,000 Superdome, Saints (NFC)
69,000 M&T, Ravens (AFC)
69,000 Reliant, Texans (AFC)
68,000 Lincoln, Eagles (NFC)
68,000 Seahawks St., Seahawks (NFC)
68,000 Gillette, Patriots (AFC)
67,000 Coliseum, Titans (AFC)
66,000 EJ Dome, StL (NFC)
65,000 Paul Brown, Bengals (AFC)
65,000 Texas, Cowboys (NFC)
65,000 Raymond James, Tampa (NFC)
65,000 Ford Field, Detroit (NFC)

Under 75,000 7 out of 31; 22%)
73,000 Ericsson, Carolina (NFC)
73,000 Sun Devil, Cardinals (NFC)
73,000 Alltel, Jaguars (AFC)
72,000 Lambeau, Packers (NFC)
72,000 Browns St., Browns (AFC)
71,000 GA Dome, Atlanta (NFC)
71,000 Qualcom, Chargers (AFC)

Under 80,000 (6 out of 31; 19%)
80,000 FedEx, Washington (NFC)
79,000 Giants Stadium, Giants/Jets (NFC/AFC)
79,000 Arrowhead, Chiefs (AFC)
76,000 Invesco, Broncos (AFC)
75,000 PPS, Dolphins (AFC)
75,000 Ralph Wilson, Bills (AFC)

Based on season ticket sales alone the Dophins would have or nearly sold out their season in 18 out of 31 stadiums BEFORE regular ticket sales. Based on regular ticket sales from July throughout the season, the Dolphins have never more than 5,000 to 6,000 (ravens game) tickets left the week before the home game up to the NFL blackout deadline. Based on that number. The Dolphins would have sold out their games in 25 of the 31 stadiums available at least the week before a game.

I may also add that 4 of the 8 home games last year sold out before the season started and 3 more sold out within the first 2 months of the season and only one was nearly blacked out (Ravens game).

i dont even want to hear the cost of living argument, no state income tax in florida, no 200 dollar a month fuel bills in the winter in south florida, i pay 4% of my property value in property taxes in vermont, im sure that dwarfs what many south florida residents pay, and im STILL coming down to see the fish play. kansas city sells out every game with a smaller city, and bigger stadium, im just looking for a little fan devotion

Originally posted by slubeaner
i dont even want to hear the cost of living argument, no state income tax in florida, no 200 dollar a month fuel bills in the winter in south florida, i pay 4% of my property value in property taxes in vermont, im sure that dwarfs what many south florida residents pay, and im STILL coming down to see the fish play. kansas city sells out every game with a smaller city, and bigger stadium, im just looking for a little fan devotion
You wanna pay my A/C bill??

Please

"You wanna pay my A/C bill??

Please"

gladly! there is nothing worse than waking up to go to work at 5:00am, and scraping two inches of ice off your car, and freezing for the first twenty minutes of the ride. it gets hot and muggy in the summer up here too, but we only get 3 months of it. someday i WILL be a south florida resident, but not until 2025, the lovely age of retirement

Re: Re: Are these prices Real..Games should be sold out.

Originally posted by FFiB

I am getting a little bit sick of out of towners complaining about fans down here.

The Dolphins have sold out 8 straight years their regular season season home games. Yep, there is a game once in a while which will be effected by the blackout deadline but mostly against inferior competitions.

Ticket prices are not cheap DOWN here. I say down here because our life style is different. A job down here which pays only 8 bucks per hour may pay 16 in NY or Washington. But so is everything else more expensive in other cities.

Cost of living is different from state to state.

Now, since all the tickets are so cheap down here (for some on the board) and airline tickets are at an all time low why not buy a ticket of a sunday flight in the morning and fly out at night. Some of you would spend as much time as any tailgater.

Here is an example: On september 12 you can buy a roundtrip on spirit for 189 (NY-FLL). You arrive at 9:40am. You can fly out at 5:50pm.

A cab cost you only 10 bucks. Heck,you may even find someone on this board to pick you up, invite you to a tailgate party and drop you back off.

So for 190 bucks you got your flight and food.

I pay usually between 30 bucks (for 4 tailgaters) and 150 bucks (for the season ending 16 tailgaters) in food and gas (for the grill). Add to that: gasoline for the car (10 bucks) and parking (16 bucks) and we are almost even.

When you go on your plane at 6:40 am I am already loading up my car. You don't even have to stay up the night before when I go shopping and prepare the food. When you leave FLL I am still on the road going back home.

So, the effort between you and me is dead even.

Now I used NY because there are a lot of NYers who complain. I assume you live in maryland. Guess what...ticket from Baltimore right now is 191. Change the flight times a little bit and you are still on.

So, what is your exccuse now?

I bet there is a bunch of Marylanders. Get a group discount.

In todays times with all that technology and cheap flights the excuse "oh you down there" doesn't count anymore.

I can afford multiple season tickets but there are people down here who can't even afford one season ticket. Either you live with it or you do your part and get yourself down here once in a while.

In the mean time don't trash Dolphins fans in south Florida if you do not know the economic situation and especially do not trash if you can do something on your own.

Also: the Dophins had a season ticket holder base of 60,000 the last two years. A lot of stadiums are capped at 60,000 or are nearly sold out at that number. I am not sure about the exact numbers but I bet that you will find only maybe 10 stadiums (max) who are in the 75,000 plus range.

Thank you!

I sure wish i had maybe i could bring us some luck ? I do know this this years schedule can not be blamed if we miss the playoffs again.Dolfanreal69

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

in DC there's a 10 year waiting list for Skins season tickets, it use to be 20+ years before they built their new stadium.

As a season ticket holder in South Carolina I can remain neutral and say,

"If you people up around DC would get off our backs riding the government mule-we'd sure like to spend some more of our money!" :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom