Are we becoming a Farm League Team??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we becoming a Farm League Team???

BigFin

Rookie
Reaction score
I can't help but to look around and think that we are / or have become the farm league team of the NFL. Look around at some of the "emerging stars" and see.

The most recent that I can think of are: Ted Ginn in San Fran, Matt Roth in Cleveland, Devin Aramshoduo, and now it's Anthony Armstrong in Washington. It was reported today that he might transplant Joey Galloway in the starting line-up because of his "incredible Big Play Ability". Couple that with the Dolphins that the Patriots built there team on like Wes Welker, Sammy Morris, and Larry Izzo. Imagin we our coaching staff or talent evaluators could have identified and kept these guys around what type of team we would have right now. Oh well, Lex Hilliard come on down you are next to leave town and become a major NFL star for someone else.

we can't keep guys on the roster forever and hope someday they make it.. all these guys had a couple of years to make our team and didn't, lets move on...please

Makes you wonder if our position coaches know how to properly coach or in some cases our talent evaluators know what they're doing

I stopped reading at Ted Ginn as an "emerging star." We really needed another one of these threads...

Ted Ginn sucks. Seriously, get over it.

Gimme a break...EVERY team has players that were on their roster at some point and are now starting for some other team.

You have hardly listed a who's who in the NFL.

I can't help but to look around and think that we are / or have become the farm league team of the NFL. Look around at some of the "emerging stars" and see.

The most recent that I can think of are: Ted Ginn in San Fran, Matt Roth in Cleveland, Devin Aramshoduo, and now it's Anthony Armstrong in Washington.

Do you preffer Ginn, Roth and Armstrong over Marshall, Wake and Bess??????

You would have a point if you said Smiley, Grove and Goodman, over Mcquistan, Berger and Jason Allen? Or how it was a great mistake not paying attention to the NT position on the draft or FA, which was a huge need at the time, but come on those players you mentioned are strating on great temas like the 49'ERS, Browns and Redskins??? I guess all of them are Super Bowl contenders, right?

The most recent that I can think of are: Ted Ginn in San Fran, Matt Roth in Cleveland, Devin Aramshoduo, and now it's Anthony Armstrong in Washington. It was reported today that he might transplant Joey Galloway in the starting line-up because of his "incredible Big Play Ability". Couple that with the Dolphins that the Patriots built there team on like Wes Welker, Sammy Morris, and Larry Izzo. Imagin we our coaching staff or talent evaluators could have identified and kept these guys around what type of team we would have right now. Oh well, Lex Hilliard come on down you are next to leave town and become a major NFL star for someone else.

I started laughing when you mentioned career backups like Izzo and Morris. Ginn was always a threat to make a big play on ST's, but he was inconsistent. I haven't seen anything different in San Fran. That does NOT make him a star.
Matt Roth is a solid player, he is far from a star. However, I still feels this regime cut him uneccesarily and should have been able to get a 4th-5th rd pick for him.
We have guys on our roster at WR who for some reason or another just arent' given the chance to show what they can do on gameday. Armstrong was no different than Marlon Moore several yrs ago.
Your entire post exaggerates things a bit.

Do you preffer Ginn, Roth and Armstrong over Marshall, Wake and Bess??????

An I think you will call me crazy, but I believe at this time Davone Bess maybe be even better than Wes Welker!!! He is a monster, just needs more passes thrown his way. I do see future in our offense... if Henne manages his turnovers better. what worries me is our defense is young and still developing (therefore we won't know how good they are), we have lack of depth at OL, NT, ILB and TE. And I don't trust our coacjing staff, specially Henning and Sparano.

Aromashodu was incredibly hyped in preseason for fantasy purposes but found his way to the bench quickly. He hasn't really done much to this point to call him an "emerging" star or star at all at really. I will say Armstrong has looked pretty good with a few big plays but I don't know if he would be an upgrade to our current WR's.

Jesus Ginn is a pansy! Doth is invisible for 95% of the game then might make a stop or sack, the guy in Chicago is benched, I will give you Armstrong he looks pretty good!

so true. don't get me wrong, i loves me some davone bess - but seeing him out there on punt returns makes baby jobu cry.

The real problem with our punt return and kick return teams isn't who catches and runs the ball, it's the other 10 guys who are suppose to deliver quality blocks and open running lanes.

you're crazy.

on returns alone, bess can't hold welker's jock.
What are you basing this on? Certainly not his stats, which are pretty similar. While it's too early in the season, Bess is averaging 13.7 so far in punt returns, something Welker never did. Ginn didn't even come close to either in Punt Returns, probably because he's far more likely to get hit right away and he's a *****. Not to mention, their similar return stats come with Welker having superior ST support.

Back
Top Bottom