Are we being fooled by Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we being fooled by Saban

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Ok, this is some serious stuff about Sabans defense..

I've heard so much about this defense during the preseason with plays bigger than a phone book. Against Denver, they only used 10% of the defense...

So what happened to all those trick plays, blitzses, decoys, etc...I thought this defense would give offenses different looks.

This defense kinda look like the same defense last year and I will say not too many different looks in my eyes.

Zach Thomas and Junior Seau are still trying to run their innefective blitz scheme.

I have yet to see a blitz that worked in games...

So, Saban will say that he used a base defense again, ...When the hell are we going to blitz for real or even put pressure on the QB because we cannot count on the secondary.

Jets yds passing -198
yds rushing - 98
points scored -17

I agree secondary was suspect but those are not bad defensive numbers.

I would have a better idea if we had a healthy Will Poole and Rick the 1st 4 games.

I saw a lot more of it vs. Denver- against the Jets we were very conservative. But, I do trust Nick and assume that was our gameplan for a reason.

I dont think Saban has the talent needed to be the suffocating D hes trying to put together. Howard anyone?

Plus, they are still learning this stuff you know. A phonebook is very thick.

Take this quote from Zach to heart: "I promise that once we get clicking on defense we are going to be real good. We were off today and we weren’t very good."

HOLY ****!!!! We lose one game and everyone is questioning Saban now. Can we at least wait until the end of the season to judge his first year? This was a freaking 4-12 team last year run by Wanny and Spielman. Have faith in Saban. The guy has won everywhere he's been. I know it may be hard to trust after having disappointing coaches like Jimmy Johnson and Wannstedt, but Saban is the real deal, and I'm certain about that.

I too wonder if we are expecting too much, but then consider that he inherited a team and has only had less than a year to work with them. That means not only getting his own players, but also teaching his system to them. If he tried to do too much too early, we would look like more of a disorganized mess than we already do. as the season goes on, HOPEFULLY we will see some improvement not only in the schemes he is able to call but our guys execution of thise schemes

Fooling us ? NO... he said we needed to improve in our running game and that we needed to stop the penalties!After the first game he said this .so is he fooling anyone ? NO... is he correcting the stupid mistakes? looks like he hasnt yet...we shot or selves in the foot today and unlike last week we couldnt overcome it.Way too early to put to much into these first two games . Its early in the season and we are all 1-1 in the east .I will be happy with that for now and hope that saban can do his job and get this team to be less mistake/penalty prone.

Megatron said:
We are fooling ourselves more than he's fooling us.

Agreed, people are expecting WAY too much out of this team and considering what this team did last year, I just don't understand it.

endorPHINS72 said:
HOLY ****!!!! We lose one game and everyone is questioning Saban now. Can we at least wait until the end of the season to judge his first year? This was a freaking 4-12 team last year run by Wanny and Spielman. Have faith in Saban. The guy has won everywhere he's been. I know it may be hard to trust after having disappointing coaches like Jimmy Johnson and Wannstedt, but Saban is the real deal, and I'm certain about that.

Amen to that!

BenchFiedler said:

I've heard so much about this defense during the preseason with plays bigger than a phone book. Against Denver, they only used 10% of the defense...

So what happened to all those trick plays, blitzses, decoys, etc...I thought this defense would give offenses different looks.

This defense kinda look like the same defense last year and I will say not too many different looks in my eyes.

Zach Thomas and Junior Seau are still trying to run their innefective blitz scheme.

So, Saban will say that he used a base defense again, ...When the hell are we going to blitz for real or even put pressure on the QB because we cannot count on the secondary.

I honestly have no idea what game you were watching. This D looks nothing like last year's.

:shakeno: I can't believe I'm even responding to this ignorant post. Shame on me.

endorPHINS72 said:

We won one game, and everyone had us in the superbowl, somehow we are not able to see the gray in our team, it is supposed to be black or white. If we win, then we are sooo good we are going to win the superbowl and Gus Frerrote will finish in the probowl, if we loose, we suck and we will pick Leinart next year (even though nobody knows how to spell his last name) because we will get the 1st pick.

The truth of the matter, is we will probably manage make miami a tough place to play at, which means that we will win a lot in miami, but i just dont see us going out and being royally good. We are a middle of the pack team, we have to face it, can we turn it around, yes, but probably more likely to happen next year.

BenchFiedler said:

then you didn't pay attention much last year. haul out some of the old tapes. don't just look at the results. look at the formations and where the pressure is coming from. look at the zone coverages. it's different. now had reggie howard not had his head in his *** on that one drive. this wouldnt' be an issue. we were playing lights out defense in the 2nd half, until heimerdinglehopper (the jets OC) found howard. they threw on him 3 times in that final drive. 3 times to wide open WRs. at least madison had his guy covered fairly well on the left (which was a perfectly timed and thrown pass btw).

Back
Top Bottom