Are we being fooled by Saban | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we being fooled by Saban

i dont think we are ready to run all of his stuff.

theres no way hes gonna send 7 or 8 guys if our corners can't cover a guy 10 yards downfield

Dolfan1000 said:
I saw a lot more of it vs. Denver- against the Jets we were very conservative. But, I do trust Nick and assume that was our gameplan for a reason.

um no we were less conservative against the jets, believe it or not.

BenchFiedler said:
Zach Thomas and Junior Seau are still trying to run their innefective blitz scheme.

I have yet to see a blitz that worked in games...

WHAT?! Seau's lone sack today was a blitz. wow. and getting a sack isn't the only measure of an effective blitz, guy. incomplete passes can be cause by blitzes too.

bakedmatt said:
WHAT?! Seau's lone sack today was a blitz. wow. and getting a sack isn't the only measure of an effective blitz, guy. incomplete passes can be cause by blitzes too.

that was the case in game one. the d forced many incompletions

Who are we "fooling."

Were some of you expecting a Superbowl?

There's something called patience and it's going to have to be shown before we panic that everything is gone wrong.

The line looked bad today and that in effect made our running game look horrible and Gus didn't look much better.

A healthy Ricky would've helped alot today. But since he's out you roll the dice on Brown who needs time to learn behind a makeshift offensive line.

It's really funny how people love Saban then question him a week later. Like someone said earlier the real NFL isn't like a fantasy football matchup. Sometime improvement takes time. We had a legitimate chance to pull off the upset today but couldn't do anything behind that line. Hopefully we'll get that cleaned up and move forward ASAP!

Here's to NOT panicing!

Despacio said:
I dont think Saban has the talent needed to be the suffocating D hes trying to put together. Howard anyone?

Plus, they are still learning this stuff you know. A phonebook is very thick.

Take this quote from Zach to heart: "I promise that once we get clicking on defense we are going to be real good. We were off today and we weren’t very good."

Earth wind Mooreland anyone?

I hate when people say we don't have the talent. Name the Patriots CBs when they won the Superbowl last year.

I think this defense is still learning alot of stuff and we will see it get better as the season progresses.

As for the running game. I dont call a 3 YPC average good for a future HOFer. Our penalties and inability to move the ball for 40 minutes is what cost us the game.

PhinsPhan said:
Earth wind Mooreland anyone?

I hate when people say we don't have the talent. Name the Patriots CBs when they won the Superbowl last year.

I think this defense is still learning alot of stuff and we will see it get better as the season progresses.

As for the running game. I dont call a 3 YPC average good for a future HOFer. Our penalties and inability to move the ball for 40 minutes is what cost us the game.

They also have the back up to Travis Daniels, Randell Gay

BenchFiedler said:
Ok, this is some serious stuff about Sabans defense..

I've heard so much about this defense during the preseason with plays bigger than a phone book. Against Denver, they only used 10% of the defense...

So what happened to all those trick plays, blitzses, decoys, etc...I thought this defense would give offenses different looks.

This defense kinda look like the same defense last year and I will say not too many different looks in my eyes.

Zach Thomas and Junior Seau are still trying to run their innefective blitz scheme.

I have yet to see a blitz that worked in games...

So, Saban will say that he used a base defense again, ...When the hell are we going to blitz for real or even put pressure on the QB because we cannot count on the secondary.
Reggie Howard did not have a copy of that "phone book".

that's why we lost.

Why do all of these people start all of these rediculous threads? They B*tch and Moan and then when everyone else gives some feedback they dont responde. People quit trying to stir things up. As far as I am concerned these kind of threads are irrelevant and should be deleted.

3 things happened why we lost

Jets converted 3rd and long with running plays

they fumbled 4 and we didnt manage to recover once altought we caught a break on the 4th and goal

Reggie Howard was very very bad can he just stick in th same time zone as the reveiver I think not %$%/%?$%?$%?$?%

as for putting an emphasis on the pass rush, which i wrote in a different thread, might i ask again.... where was David Bowens? did he even play?

saw plenty of Matt Roth (a bit too much, actually), but no Bowens...

That 10% of the defense was unveiled stuff was nothing but typical "to the victor goes the spoils" type of fluff. I actually wrote a long sarcastic reply to a thread touting it the other day, then deleted my post because I didn't want to be accused of negativity while everyone was still relishing the Bronco win.

You come off a 4-12 year that embarrassed the franchise, change regimes and point for months to your opener, which happens to be at home. Now you want the public to believe you held back 90% of your defensive schemes and strategy? Once I start believing that there's no sense posting here or anywhere else. The league is so darn even there's no such thing as holding back.

It reminds me of Tiger Woods in 2000. He won the US Open by 15 strokes and the British Open by 8. Then he started insisting his swing wasn't really in peak form and he had plenty of room to improve. Some sportswriters actually bought it and wrote gushing columns about how much better Tiger was sure to get in the near future. I'm still waiting.

endorPHINS72 said:
HOLY ****!!!! We lose one game and everyone is questioning Saban now. Can we at least wait until the end of the season to judge his first year? This was a freaking 4-12 team last year run by Wanny and Spielman. Have faith in Saban. The guy has won everywhere he's been. I know it may be hard to trust after having disappointing coaches like Jimmy Johnson and Wannstedt, but Saban is the real deal, and I'm certain about that.

No matter how hard is to see our dear dolphins beaten by the jetsons, we the real dolfans must agree that our couch is WORKING in a large and hard process, there's no way to have something like a 1972 season because our team is learning a new offensive system and a new defensive system.

Of course that this team will be harder to beat than last season's, let's just remember the way those jetsons scored 41-14 at their home. I can't see it as "improve" now we just have a 17-7 score, but somehow i fell a process.

Our offense failed, even Mare needs to return to efficience or leave.
But our defense never worked well. When we scored, our D was in charge of the rest, if somehow we have stopped their offense, our record surely would be 2-0, because a 7-10 may have changed into 14-10.

Don't shock!
This is the actual status: we beat the Broncos in their bad day and looked a little weak in the Meadlands.
Compare this team to Wanny's and all we may see is a stronger one, but relax this just means the rebuilding process is on.

Well the highly touted Patriot defense looked like crap against the Carolina Panthers also. And guess who we play this week? Looks like the doomsdayers here will really be in their glory!

Awsi Dooger said:
That 10% of the defense was unveiled stuff was nothing but typical "to the victor goes the spoils" type of fluff. I actually wrote a long sarcastic reply to a thread touting it the other day, then deleted my post because I didn't want to be accused of negativity while everyone was still relishing the Bronco win.

You come off a 4-12 year that embarrassed the franchise, change regimes and point for months to your opener, which happens to be at home. Now you want the public to believe you held back 90% of your defensive schemes and strategy? Once I start believing that there's no sense posting here or anywhere else. The league is so darn even there's no such thing as holding back.

It reminds me of Tiger Woods in 2000. He won the US Open by 15 strokes and the British Open by 8. Then he started insisting his swing wasn't really in peak form and he had plenty of room to improve. Some sportswriters actually bought it and wrote gushing columns about how much better Tiger was sure to get in the near future. I'm still waiting.

Wrong forum, but Tiger changed his swing to ensure long term success. He knew his body would not withstand his old swing for too many years. It wasn't about getting better per se, but playing better for longer.

Back
Top Bottom