Are we being fooled by Saban | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we being fooled by Saban

amen

BenchFiedler said:
Ok, this is some serious stuff about Sabans defense..

I've heard so much about this defense during the preseason with plays bigger than a phone book. Against Denver, they only used 10% of the defense...

So what happened to all those trick plays, blitzses, decoys, etc...I thought this defense would give offenses different looks.

This defense kinda look like the same defense last year and I will say not too many different looks in my eyes.

Zach Thomas and Junior Seau are still trying to run their innefective blitz scheme.

I have yet to see a blitz that worked in games...

So, Saban will say that he used a base defense again, ...When the hell are we going to blitz for real or even put pressure on the QB because we cannot count on the secondary.

i totally agree!!!!! we give up far to many third down conversions!!!!! it is so frustrating!!! yeah where are all of the different defenses we have been promised???

BenchFiedler said:

I've heard so much about this defense during the preseason with plays bigger than a phone book. Against Denver, they only used 10% of the defense...

So what happened to all those trick plays, blitzses, decoys, etc...I thought this defense would give offenses different looks.

This defense kinda look like the same defense last year and I will say not too many different looks in my eyes.

Zach Thomas and Junior Seau are still trying to run their innefective blitz scheme.

So, Saban will say that he used a base defense again, ...When the hell are we going to blitz for real or even put pressure on the QB because we cannot count on the secondary.

Oh my God, the sky is falling...we lost! Get over it. I cannot believe all these Gus sux, CC sux, Howard sux, Saban sux threads, yada, yada, yada...either a lot of you fans are bored or you just have no concept of reality. Just because Miami beat Denver didn't mean we are playoff caliber & just because NYJ beat Miami doesn't mean that we suck...give it some time and quit all this bit@hin'!:fire:

finswin56 said:
Watch the game again this time pay attention. When you're finished come back and apologize for shooting your mouth off when you didn't pay attention the first time.
I think you need to stop shooting your mouth off. Your tone and attitude IMO is far more appropriate for some time off than some of the ridiculous things I see others get it for.

You are doing nothing but being loud and personally attacking these people.

Schleprock said:
I think you need to stop shooting your mouth off. Your tone and attitude IMO is far more appropriate for some time off than some of the ridiculous things I see others get it for.

You're probably right about the last one, and I should delete it. The first one had absolutely no personal attack.

I don't usually do that. I'm just getting sick of all horrible threads.

All in all we did okay. It sucks losings to the Jets, but at least we were not humiliated. Ronnie needs time to adjust to playing in the NFL, he'll start to shine, he's no bust. The O-line, I'm afraid, will be a model of inconsistency all year and we'll win or lose by the level of their play that day. Gus Frerotte will have good games and bad games, I don't think he's got what it takes to play a solid 16 games. Chambers? I keep waiting for him to show us that he's going to be a world class receiver, stop dropping the ball! He's frustrating to watch at times. Our D still keeps us in the game, but let's face it, our top players are getting older and if we don't get it together by the end of the year and make a serious run for the Super Bowl next year then there's a good chance some of those guys will no longer be with us. We did not put enough pressure on Spagettiton, he looked crappy in the beginning of the game, but as the game wore on he got it together. More pressure on him would have forced him into some bad decisions and possible turnovers!

Oh well. We're all tied for 1st in the AFC East. I'll take that for now, but 2-0 with sole possession would have been phenominal.

Nick, we still believe!

Quelonio said:
The truth of the matter, is we will probably manage make miami a tough place to play at, which means that we will win a lot in miami, but i just dont see us going out and being royally good. We are a middle of the pack team, we have to face it, can we turn it around, yes, but probably more likely to happen next year.

Sounds like 1991 and 1992 to me...

8-8 in 1991, looked good at times but other times looked down right awful...

1992 AFC Championship game...

BenchFiedler said:

My only problem with the D was that first of all Howard SUCKS!!! and second of all we were not covering the short passes the way we should have. This is how the Jets play, Short passes generally to the outside and the flats. We were not covering those pass routes at least that's how it seemed to this spectator

Schleprock said:

oh... really? ... isn't that kinda like the butt calling the foot smelly, mr. classy?

The D looked good and how can you say Seau is ineffective he had a sack and im pretty sure he led the team in tackles last game we just need a little more pressure on the Qb so that our DB's don't get ripped apart so easily because they seem suspect to me IMO

BenchFiedler said:

One thing for sure...

A good Offense will help a good Defense...

If we would have scored a FG (Mare's rare short miss), we would have been tied with momentum on our side in the 4th...

I heard Jimmy johnson is planning on coaching again next season.. maybe we can lobby for him to take over for next year, coz this stupid coach lost a game last sunday. his nothing but a .500 coach, or better yet lets ask coach shula maybe he can duplicate the 72' dolphins and go undefeated again atleast one or two more season down here. geeeeeeez no one said to reserve your superbowl tickets already ! ! !

Back
Top Bottom