Are we better or worse than last year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we better or worse than last year?

Are we worse than last year (after watching week 2)?

• YES

Votes: 56 60.2%
  • NO

Votes: 37 39.8%

• Total voters
Well, I don't know. CP is not good with this team and needs to be taken out. Henne might win us some games. We will not go 1-15.

i say we are worse now, but this team is built to improve as the weeks go on. so by the year's end i think we'll be better

The working theory I was going with said that a BP lead FO would have held together last year's group, and not allowed a team with 4-12 talent to almost go winless through 16 weeks of the season.

Now it seems that theory is about to be tested. I love science experiments.

Actually this team is much better...I say it take 4 weeks and then i think we see the kind of football you want....we won't bet the division odds, but we'll be better..

Actually this team is much better...I say it take 4 weeks and then i think we see the kind of football you want....we won't bet the division odds, but we'll be better..

How could you say we are better now but it will take 4 weeks!!!!! That makes no sense at all.....We are worse now than last year and i hope we get better by week 4...maybe then we will be better than last year...i hope

Last years run defense was awful. On the way of fixing that.
Last years run game was solid (before R.Brown injury). Going down this year.
QB's more talented this year. But don't know where to throw to.
OLine: Long term talent, just need time to develop.

WR this year, eehhhmm. Abysmal. Chris Chambers trade not panning out, at least of now because Chambers, besides of all his errors, was still the Goto-guy last year. He played an still playes slightly above 2nd round level. Without him...

Secondary: Sparano kindof downfixed that department. No help from the draft and free agency and avoiding Jason Allen doesn't prove to be sound desicion.

All in all: Power positions strengthend, speed positions weakend.

One good sign: physical conditioning far better now.

So slight improvement visible, however need some more personell, coaching and ingenuity at WR and DB soon.

I think this team will come together as the year rolls on. A lot of miscommunication in the secondary which leads to big plays. An offensive line that hasn't gelled yet. They will get better as a team.

They will not finish as badly, thats for sure. While we got dominated today, you dont play many teams with wideouts as good as the Cardinals.

And PS, what team were you watching last year? We never got dominated? Think the last Jets game. The last Buffalo game. The first Pats game. The Cowboys game. I could go on.

And if no then what was positive in week 2?

I am really really shocked as to how we played this game so far.

I truely beileve this was to be expected.Guys,how could we not lose 2 times in a row....WE DIDNT GET ANY PLAYMAKERS.I'm pretty sure Sparano addressed this after the draft.This year was about improving the lines.It WILL get better as the season goes on.Next year,we'll draft some "Sexy" picks,and you will see a tremndous difference.To answer your question,I think we got better in SOME areas...well,right now I'd say D-Line and LineBacker.But overall,we still are bottom 5 team.We wont pick number 1,but by the looks of things,we will be in the top 5.Man,if only Sedrick Ellis would have stayed in college one more year:rolleyes:.But,thats not the case,and theres no top fligt DT good enough to take in the top 5,so,it looks like the only players Ireland shoudl be scouting is Maualuga,Crabtree,Davis(Vontae),Lauranitius,Bey and Malcom Jenkins.Players liek Selvie,Michael Johnson,etc. arent NFL ready(IMO),and by "NFL ready" I mean start day 1.

And another sidenote,for those of you wanting Henne to step in now,you delusional.Pennington hasnt been stellar,but what s he supposed to do?If he isnt getting sacked,he is running for 25 yards(which of course is called back on a bogus lineman penalty) cause our WR's cant get open.Not much more you can ask of Sparano,and Pennington...the Dolphins are just...not that good...not that good at all:(

lol..sidenote number two,for those of you saying get Croker,I mean Crocker:rolleyes:,out of a Phin unifrom ASAP....COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE

If Jason Allen isnt starting because Crocker is better,then send him out there anyways,cause at least he is a draft pck,so he gets a pass...Crocker,he's lucky his car isnt discumbobulated or gone:shakeno:

With most rebuilding projects, you have to get worse before you can get better. We are not a good football team right now. Last years team was better (especially pre injuries). Forget the 1-15 record. A lot of that had to do with the injuries and just bad coaching, IMO. This team is at the bottom right now. It think it will get better as the season goes on and the team grows together, but I think next offseason is when this team will improve the most.

They have to be better in the off season. They won't be playing.:lol:

How could you say we are better now but it will take 4 weeks!!!!! That makes no sense at all.....We are worse now than last year and i hope we get better by week 4...maybe then we will be better than last year...i hope

Yeah, they'll get way better in week 4...they don't have a team to play because of the bye week. They should be amazing that week and all of us fans won't be mad for at least 1 week this season.

Seriously though, the way they are playing right now, Sparano should take that week off away and have a full simulated game at their practice facility. #1 offense vs. #1 defense the whole time and make them all fully exhausted to make up for their play. On a side note, Sparano and Parcells should go rough up Dan Henning for his horrible play calls.

You can't say the Chambers trade is not working out until we know what we have with Henne. And Henne looked real good in the fourth so far.

Last year there wasn't really a direction to see, this year we know that the trenches have been improved(maybe not done yet but improved) and the youth movement is on. I really think Henne needs to play until he shows he can't handle it, if he can then there's more value long term in him playing every down.

Back
Top Bottom