are we built like the 2006 saints offense? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are we built like the 2006 saints offense?

thefranchisedef

Active Roster
Reaction score
duece and ronnie are alot alike... teddy ginn is like reggie bush in the slot... lorenzo booker is bush as a change of pace back... john beck is identical to drew brees... chris chamber is like a faster joe horn... we just need a marques colston...

our defense is a better 2005 steelers defense..
i cant wait to see the zone defense..

we are gonna be built like the 1995 steelers d and 1993 cowboys offense... yes!!!

i dont think you can compare the two because john beck probably wont even play this year and the better comparison is c pep or green to brees but that still isnt a good comparison IMO . also, colston was HUGE for that team. we havent had a 1000 yard reciever in a while where colston had one his rookie year.

chambers was a 1000 yard reciever in 2005...lol... trent green is close to brees.. but then again.. the saints didnt have a defense anywhere close to the dolphins defense..

I like the initial comparison but I think the Saints also had the momentum of the resurggence of the city of New Orleans to push them each week which should be noted. Another difference is that Bush can be on the field in multiple positions or move from back to slot before the play whereas Ginn and Booker are pretty set where they line up. However, do not think I dont think we have any weapons. I feel because we were so bad last year people are overlooking we have very good players at every skill position, especially if/when Green comes in , and if we can get some consistant line play we'll turn some heads this year no doubt about it.

yea the combination of the more run oriented saints O and the steeler like D we will be in good shape this year

The problem is we play in the AFC and the saints played in the NFC. The saints in the AFC are a 5-8 win team.

Hopefully you're right. Last year the offence were poor. With the few tweaks that have been made during the off-season, I'm pretty confident they will deliver this year and along with our defense we could be in for a good year.!

The key will be the O-line and Brown would have to have a 1,250 plus yards season.

duece and ronnie are alot alike... teddy ginn is like reggie bush in the slot... lorenzo booker is bush as a change of pace back... john beck is identical to drew brees... chris chamber is like a faster joe horn... we just need a marques colston...

we are gonna be built like the 1995 steelers d and 1993 cowboys offense... yes!!!

You don't have a Brees, Deuce is a much better RB than Ronnie and you don't have a Reggie Bush. Chambers is better than Horn NOW b/c Horn is older but Horn in his prime was MUCH better than Chambers and Horn wasn't a key to NO last year. Colston was their go to guy last year at WR.

Your D is a better than the '05 Steelers D? You have a good D but key players are getting older and your secondary is suspect- your D is not close to the '05 Steelers D.

The jet fan is mostly right, the Saints have the QB, we should have. But I dont think Deuce is better than brown, they are about even.

The jet fan is mostly right, the Saints have the QB, we should have. But I dont think Deuce is better than brown, they are about even.

Deuce is alot better than Brown, the only reason their yards were close was b/c No force fed Bush at RB when deuce should have been geting alot more carries. The man had 10 TDs which is more than the 2 year total of Brown. Ronnie is good and has the potntial to be alot better but he has a was to go to catch Duece.

I hate to disagree with you...but as of right now, we can't even be considered in the same breath as the Saints.

First, Drew Brees had five years experience. Beck is an unproven rookie.

Next, Ronnie Brown hasn't shown himself to be in the class of Deuce. Deuce is a proven 1500 yard back. Until Ronnie shows something on the field, he's "Mr. All-Potential".

Teddy Ginn could show himself to be like Reggie Bush, but until he does, its just wishful thinking.

Chambers isn't even close to Joe Horn. JH is big time. He was a quick slot WR who could go deep and go across the middle. CC has had one good season since hes been here. Some not his fault, some of his lack of production is his fault.

The Saints also had X factors. Some Saints fans will tell you there fastest player isn't Reggie Bush...its Devery Henderson. And don't forget Marcus Colston. Terrance Copper was also productive.

Lets not forget their Oline is young and talented as well.

Potentially, down the road, we could be like the Saints (offensively). But if its going to work out for us, all of our question marks have to pan out. Cameron, Beck, Ginn, Ronnie, and the Oline.

I hope not!! Last year the Saints ecord agains the AFC was 1-3 only win agains Cleveland. The NFC is one thing, the AFC is another ballgame. We will be eaten alive in the AFC with that kind if Offense. GO DOLPHINS!!

I hate to disagree with you...but as of right now, we can't even be considered in the same breath as the Saints.

First, Drew Brees had five years experience. Beck is an unproven rookie.

Next, Ronnie Brown hasn't shown himself to be in the class of Deuce. Deuce is a proven 1500 yard back. Until Ronnie shows something on the field, he's "Mr. All-Potential".

Teddy Ginn could show himself to be like Reggie Bush, but until he does, its just wishful thinking.

Chambers isn't even close to Joe Horn. JH is big time. He was a quick slot WR who could go deep and go across the middle. CC has had one good season since hes been here. Some not his fault, some of his lack of production is his fault.

The Saints also had X factors. Some Saints fans will tell you there fastest player isn't Reggie Bush...its Devery Henderson. And don't forget Marcus Colston. Terrance Copper was also productive.

Lets not forget their Oline is young and talented as well.

Potentially, down the road, we could be like the Saints (offensively). But if its going to work out for us, all of our question marks have to pan out. Cameron, Beck, Ginn, Ronnie, and the Oline.

Very well said! Realistic but not pessimistic.

Back
Top Bottom