Are we ever going to see the "Dolphins" name in the end zone ever again? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we ever going to see the "Dolphins" name in the end zone ever again?

Another solid thread by Dirk... great contribution to FH.

Shouldn't you be cowering in a corner right now after your absurd thread about wanting to play NE rather than the Almighty Bills?

Probably not. Since the Hurricanes play there and the Marlins for the sake of time and being able to turn the field over quickly that name in the endzone will stay short.

The Dolphins officially Changed their script a couple years ago. The Cursive Dolphins is no longer an affiliation with the team. The way the endzone is now is their official "script".

The Dolphins officially Changed their script a couple years ago. The Cursive Dolphins is no longer an affiliation with the team. The way the endzone is now is their official "script".

There's actually no way that's true. Phins merchandise still bears the script Dolphins logo. It is even featured prominently on their website.
PhinsScript-1.jpg

I think you are correct in saying that the font used in the endzones is what is used to spell out MIAMI in the script logo, but that stylized Dolphins script is still in use and on tons of team marketing materials. They simply don't use it in the endzones anymore because, as others have said, it is easier to just keep it the same when both teams occupy the stadium.

My favorite endzone look was the navy with the Dolphins script and logo. That looked sharp. But I like the plain old MIAMI too. Classic and simple.

Back
Top Bottom