Are we fully happy with Tannehills weapons? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we fully happy with Tannehills weapons?

BGtoKNfor6

Where is the reset button?
Reaction score
I understand we need help on the o-line and that is paramount. Kudos for addressing the LT need. We also addressed part of the secondary issue with Delmas. However, I still think that Miami has to look hard at a player like Hakeem Nicks because I am just not fully sold on Hartline as a number 2. Can he run the 10 yard curl or out or 5 yard slant? Yes. But that is about the only thing he can do consistently. He poses zero redzone threat. Even worse is that he doesn't have the speed to play the slot. Speaking of the slot, how will Gibson be coming back off the knee? It's a complete crap shoot.

Rumors have James Jones in the mix. They are just rumors at this point. There is an obvious connection here with Philbin. Is James Jones a true number 2 or a product of that monster offense in Green Bay? Who knows. That brings us full circle back to Nicks. An argument could be made that someone is going to overpay. It's free agency. EVERYONE overpays. The guy has the size for sure and I don't want to hear about how bad he was last year. The giants sucked big time last year. Another question is does Nicks play part time and doesn't give it his all. Surely for his size he should dominate. Not sure the answers here but I think we definitely should bring him in. Eric Decker even is worth looking at. He is what I think everyone wanted Hartline to be but I think Hartline has hit his ceiling and no further growth will be had.

Regardless , I understand we have bigger needs first but I think we need to bring some of these guys in. Always keep the fire burning under your own players butts and nothing says with a new GM that Miami is going to have to be loyal to previous contracts/promises. Now, ,is when you do your best to surround Tannehill with the absolute best offensive weapons you can. Everything rides on this kids progression at this point in the tenure.

Thoughts?

I think our WR roster at the moment is pretty deep as I like Binns, Matthews, and Gibson. I would like more TE and RB depth however. It's hard to judge our needs based upon who played last year as our entire rookie class did not play and I am unsure if this is because Philbin does not play rookies or they suck so bad they could not touch the field. If we can fill enough holes in FA, maybe we can go after Ebron, but Zach Martin looks like the safer bet with the 1st Rounder. After that, it's a crapshoot as to who is available, worth it, and will live up to the hype.

Greetings from Sunny South Florida.

- Your friends, Michael Egnew and Daniel Thomas

No our RB situation blows! We need another TE and add Nicks!

We need a big boy TE and a RB who is a force to be reckoned with to go with the outside speed of Miller.

I am fully aware of the rb situation. Not sure how you fix that. Miller stays and is given another year. Thomas sucks, period. Not sure behind that. Gillislee won't cut it and is probably backup fodder forever. Draft the kid from ohio state? Short of Chris Johnson, not much out there and I don't think many teams want to sign him to what he is going to want. I am just saying that I don't believe that Hartline is worth a number 2 position given his production. 1000 yards is nice and all but if you don't score or get consistent separation opposite Mike Wallace, whats the point?

Greetings from Sunny South Florida.

- Your friends, Michael Egnew and Daniel Thomas

Oh god, i laughed but i kind of died inside afterwards. :sidelol:

Any other year you would have me screaming bloody outrage over us ignoring skill positions yet again. This year im content. This draft is loaded to the teeth with receivers and, to a lesser extent, tight ends. Bringing in another 28-30 year old receiver on his last contract isnt the move we should be making. Spending a high draft pick on a player who Tannehill can rely on for the next 10 years is.

I am fully aware of the rb situation. Not sure how you fix that. Miller stays and is given another year. Thomas sucks, period. Not sure behind that. Gillislee won't cut it and is probably backup fodder forever. Draft the kid from ohio state? Short of Chris Johnson, not much out there and I don't think many teams want to sign him to what he is going to want. I am just saying that I don't believe that Hartline is worth a number 2 position given his production. 1000 yards is nice and all but if you don't score or get consistent separation opposite Mike Wallace, whats the point?

Do you really think Hartline would have put up back to back 1000 yard seasons (only the 4th time in team history) if he couldn't get consistent separation?

I think our QB and oline play are more of a concern than our WR core.

Uh......no.

I feel good about our WR's and back ups. Running Back is a concern and possibly TE. However, with 3 Tight Ends on the roster, I don't see us adding another one.

I am willing to start the season with our current skill position players. My sole concern is that Hickey continues to make good decisions.

Uh......no.

I feel good about our WR's and back ups. Running Back is a concern and possibly TE. However, with 3 Tight Ends on the roster, I don't see us adding another one.

I do. We need someone to push Sims and Egnew for that 2nd and 3rd TE position.

Do you really think Hartline would have put up back to back 1000 yard seasons (only the 4th time in team history) if he couldn't get consistent separation?

When he runs nothing but curls, outs and slants; high percentage plays, yes. 1000 yards receiving is like 25 home runs in the majors anymore. How about he scores a touchdown every now and then. Do me a favor, how many years has he been in the league and how many td's does he have? Is that worth his past contract, or are games scored by high percentage completions now? Regardless of what anyone says, Hartline is NOT a complete number 2 wideout but it isn't his fault. He was forced to be a number 1 for a year and now he was given the number 2 spot. Everyone was hoping he would become the next Eric Decker or Jordy Nelson. Pipe dream. Good hands. That is about it.

Back
Top Bottom