are we getting any comp picks this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are we getting any comp picks this year?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been talked about alreay but I was wondering if there was a chance that we might get a pick or 2 as copm.

Ozzy rules!!

I don't think so. I think we gained much more than we lost last year.

I was wondering the same thing! For the life of me I cannot figure out this comp stuff! Anybody know how it works? I know it's about how many guys you lose in FA!!

Nobody knows how it works not even the NFL teams. It's a subjective thing on the part of the NFL.

CO is that bottom part of your sig true or just a dream?

I think is has to do with the kind of contracts that the players you lose get with the other team but I could be totaly wrong here. Help somebody.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Prime Time
CO is that bottom part of your sig true or just a dream?

Nah, but I knew someone would ask. :tongue:

I put that in there till I'm done making my Bob Marley sig..

Comp picks are based on three things when it comes to players you lost vs. players you gained. I believe those are salary, performance, postseason honors....but nobody knows the exact formula. It's a big secret.

Originally posted by mikefan22
I was wondering the same thing! For the life of me I cannot figure out this comp stuff! Anybody know how it works? I know it's about how many guys you lose in FA!!

The first thing that is taken into consideration the net gain/loss of UFAs in the previous year. The main thing that goes into deciding who gets what picks is the size of the contracts of the players lost compared to gained. Then the other two factors are playing time & post season team honors.

Ummm guys its obvioius we are getting compensation, we lost marion, dixon, nails, wade, perry, we might be losing adawale agunleye. When a team loses that many starters, they are given compensation picks.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Ummm guys its obvioius we are getting compensation, we lost marion, dixon, nails, wade, perry, we might be losing adawale agunleye. When a team loses that many starters, they are given compensation picks.

Compensation picks for this year's draft are awarded from last years UFA losses.

The guys you have listed above will count towards next year but Marion, Dixon, Ogunleye, & Perry don't count because they aren't true UFAs. Ogunleye is a RFA & the other guys were released. Wade will count & Nails will too if he signs a large enough contract.

A team still gets compensation picks for released players as well. That is up to the league to decide, every situation is different.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
A team still gets compensation picks for released players as well. That is up to the league to decide, every situation is different.

No they don't. Released players do not count. That's a fact. You have to be a true UFA in order to count.

Back
Top Bottom