Are we going to be asking Tannehill to win alone like we did with Marino? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going to be asking Tannehill to win alone like we did with Marino?

Marino did not have much weapons as say Tannehill has with Bush.

The Dolphins did go to the Superbowl in 1982 with David Woodley at QB, the team Marino took over in 1983 weren't exactly scrubs.

Marino did not have much weapons as say Tannehill has with Bush. And Tannehill may not have to worry about having to do things like Marino did back in his days. Marino was like a one man show. While Tannehill does have the weapons he has.

Did not have weapons? Are you for real? Clayton, Duper, Moore, Nathan, Rose and Hardy. The oline was Laakso-Kuechenburg-Stevenson-Newman and Gisler. Lets see. Stevenson is in the HOF and Kuechenburg should be. Newman was in a couple of probowls. Clayton and Duper should be consider for the hall as well and Moore was one of the best 3rd WR's in the NFL. Nathan was one of the best pass catching RB's at the time. Rose was one of the best pass catching TE's at that time as well and Tannehill had who? Pouncy's a probowler and you have nothing else on that line as Long has played like crap all year. The WR's and TE's? Tell me which one is getting in the End Zone? The running game? It's not there either. Please, look at the facts before you make a statement like that.

Ozzy rules!!

He is definitely the answer, but one of the reasons he's progressing so well is because he's playing with a talented team with a great mix of veteran leadership and talented youth. We need 1 more receiver 1 more corner another pass rusher, and we're good. That's 3 positions out of 22, I'd say he has a pretty good start.

Excellent post.

The #1 WR opens things up for Hartline and Bess. Also keeps teams from stacking the line against Bush and Daniels.

Another DE will increase pressure on QB's and take the heat off our secondary.

A CB to match up with Sean Smith will improve the secondary and let Wilson and Carroll play nickel and dime

The only thing I would add is a safety to help with all the TE's we face

I don't see the similarities. Marino didn't have a great defense. Marino had weapons on offense and we were good on offense. Marino had an Offensive line that wasn't trying to get him killed.

I don't see the similarities. Marino didn't have a great defense. Marino had weapons on offense and we were good on offense. Marino had an Offensive line that wasn't trying to get him killed.

Actually Marino did have a good defence on his rookie year. That defence was what got them into the superbowl the year before. That and their running game. It sure wasn't Woodley. That defence started going downhill short there after tho.

Ozzy rules!!

I sure hope not....Marino at least had Duper and Clayton, later Fryar. Never had a reliable top runner or very good defenses to help him.

Other than receivers....I think Tannehill has a better foundation and hopefully Ireland will succefully fill the other holes.

We'll get the weapons in the draft I think. I don't know why ppl on this board think we'll have the money to go after Mike Wallace or Bowe or anybody. It's going to be a process, but I've been pleasantly surprised with the teams performance thus far. Like yourself, I do think Tannehill has the tools to win. I'm also hoping Lamar Miller develops into the talented back we see flashes of.
Probably because we'll have between $40-50 million to work with. Now, a lot of that will go to signing our own free agents, but there should be more than enough to grab a solid FA or two. A good GM can work with any amount of cap space, but even a mediocre one can work with that much space.

Back
Top Bottom