Are we going to sign a veteran OLB to replace and Ayanbadejo and give more insurance? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going to sign a veteran OLB to replace and Ayanbadejo and give more insurance?

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
I really think we should look at some of the decent veteran OLB who have been cut recently to give a little more insurance at the position. Right now we have the extremely raw Jenkins and the unproven and frankly unimpressive Ayanbadejo.

Anyone else think we should do this, especially with Seau getting up in years and coming off injury as is.

Looking for linebacker depth is the first approach to considering a "just cut" pick-up that's had any appeal for me. We're secure enough with our starters that we could probably be okay while the right guy scales the learning curve for our system.

I know there are people out there with a "don't cut one of the brothers" attitude, but that's ridiculous. If there's a better man, let's bring him in.

WTF!....is this Bizzaro world???.....Who would have thought the first guy to get all serious in this thread, would turn out to be P4E?;) :lol:

Um guys we have everyone we need. We have two young fast linebackers that can play the position, we don't need to sign anybody else. We are fine at those positions. If you wan't something better then you are asking a lot and the coaching staff wouldn't be looking for anyone else if they didn't have faith on these two players so signing a veteran linebacker would be irrelevant.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Um guys we have everyone we need. We have two young fast linebackers that can play the position, we don't need to sign anybody else. We are fine at those positions. If you wan't something better then you are asking a lot and the coaching staff wouldn't be looking for anyone else if they didn't have faith on these two players so signing a veteran linebacker would be irrelevant.

junior,

I'd opt with the holding your cards sentiment whenever everything else is equal. But it just may not be in this situation. Brendan is probably the last LB on our roster, -- the guy on the cusp. He probably wouldn't have made the team if Eddie Moore wasn't hurt. Additionally, we don't have a huge investment in him. If there's ever a time to carefully consider whether he's THE final back-up LB for us to commit to, it's now. If he's the guy, more power to him. But that decision should be made with consideration of who else just became available. There's nothing saying someone else's cut isn't a better investment.

I don't agree that we have 2 young fast LBs and we should stick with them. Back up LB is the weakest position on the team. I don't see Hendricks EVER amounting to more than a special teams player. I've never seen him do anything in pre-season or the regular season but play goal line and just run forward to fill a hole. He is one of our better special teams players but I definitely question his instincts. He just seems a step slow to the ball. Jenkins, on the other hand, is a PLAYER , but is he ready to play? He's so raw I'd like him to get acclimated and compete for the starting job next year. Brendan, forget it...athlete who can play special teams and that's it. We're hurting at this position. I say that we definitely need to bring i another LB...one that actually plays the position and isn't just here for special teams. I don't think that I would feel so strongly if Moore didn't get hurt and get put on IR. I guess the good news is that LB will be one of our deepest positions next year with Jenkins and Moore competeing for a starting job

Back
Top Bottom