Are we going to sign a veteran OLB to replace and Ayanbadejo and give more insurance? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going to sign a veteran OLB to replace and Ayanbadejo and give more insurance?

Originally posted by bdwgroove
I don't agree that we have 2 young fast LBs and we should stick with them. Back up LB is the weakest position on the team. I don't see Hendricks EVER amounting to more than a special teams player. I've never seen him do anything in pre-season or the regular season but play goal line and just run forward to fill a hole. He is one of our better special teams players but I definitely question his instincts. He just seems a step slow to the ball. Jenkins, on the other hand, is a PLAYER , but is he ready to play? He's so raw I'd like him to get acclimated and compete for the starting job next year. Brendan, forget it...athlete who can play special teams and that's it. We're hurting at this position. I say that we definitely need to bring i another LB...one that actually plays the position and isn't just here for special teams. I don't think that I would feel so strongly if Moore didn't get hurt and get put on IR. I guess the good news is that LB will be one of our deepest positions next year with Jenkins and Moore competeing for a starting job

Our depth was injured this pre-season, Moore. Our D is too highly paid to afford the depth some are thinking about here. The Dolphins have no choice, but to go thin some where, blame it on the cap.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

Our depth was injured this pre-season, Moore. Our D is too highly paid to afford the depth some are thinking about here. The Dolphins have no choice, but to go thin some where, blame it on the cap.

Oliver...

yeah! that's right! what he said.

I'm not saying to go get a big name player. I would just like them to bring in one of the recent cuts if he has better skills at playing LB than Hendricks or Brendan and not just be a special teamer.

Originally posted by bdwgroove
I'm not saying to go get a big name player. I would just like them to bring in one of the recent cuts if he has better skills at playing LB than Hendricks or Brendan and not just be a special teamer.

I'm with you, but for the type of depth we're talking about that LB would also have to be a starter on special teams. It's not just a one demensional decision.

Oliver...

I don't understand what's all the love for Ayabandejo and Hendricks. They can do the job on ST but nothing more. If Thomas,Seau or Greenwood goes down, we are in a lot of trouble.

Jenkins has great potential but he is raw...too raw. Hendricks is only good on short yardage and the jury is still out about Ayabandejo. Russell and Galyon weren't great players, but at least they could step in for a game or two.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
I don't understand what's all the love for Ayabandejo and Hendricks. They can do the job on ST but nothing more. If Thomas,Seau or Greenwood goes down, we are in a lot of trouble.

Jenkins has great potential but he is raw...too raw. Hendricks is only good on short yardage and the jury is still out about Ayabandejo. Russell and Galyon weren't great players, but at least they could step in for a game or two.

OK so who do we bring in, and will they fit in under our cap?

Oliver...

I couldn''t have said it better myself. Hell, I feel more comfortible with Sage backing up Fiedler than any of these guys coming in if one of our 'backers goes down!. I really don't know what the coaches are thinking here. I pray that Jenkins is ready...he's the only one that I'd want to see in there

Originally posted by Oliver

OK so who do we bring in, and will they fit in under our cap?

Oliver...

That I don't know. But that's the job of the front office to see if there are guys that can come in and improve our team.

The guys we have look good in PS, but can they cost us our season if they have to fill some shoes ? That's my point.

We could really see the same scenario than last year with Lucas. If Thomas goes down for six games and we put Jenkins in it, I'm sure that teams will game plan to take advantage of him.

That I don't know. But that's the job of the front office to see if there are guys that can come in and improve our team.

The guys we have look good in PS, but can they cost us our season if they have to fill some shoes ? That's my point.

We could really see the same scenario than last year with Lucas. If Thomas goes down for six games and we put Jenkins in it, I'm sure that teams will game plan to take advantage of him.

How do you not know they have not looked into it, and do not have a short list in case such a thing happens? This is where I get confusded with all the 2nd guessing. It's not like we have a bad personel guy on this team.

Oliver...

I never said they didn't. I'm just saying that we can't feel happy with our LB corps like it's right now.

If there is a better man out there bring him, if not we will live with that.

And if they didn't, we should fire them all because they're not doing their job.

I'm saying guys like Steve Foley (who was just signed), Armegis Spearman, and a few others I'd be way more comfortable with coming into a game than Ayanbadejo. When we signed the guy I thought he was fodder, after seeing him play i thought the same thing. Special teams are highly important and I know that, but when someone has to be your top backup at a position, they have to actually be able to play the position.

At this point I don't think Ayanbadejo can.

Hendricks has been fine when he has gone in to replace Thomas before. He will be the main backup at the MLB spot. If Seau goes down there will be problems.

I wanted S.Foley but i knew he wouldnt make it throught the wavier wire......Texans picked him up right away.

cannot find link, but I read a quote from Wanne that Hendricks will come off the bench to backup all 3 LB spots before Jenkins or Ayabandejo... ever see the base D. So Ayabandejo s/b judget purely as a ST player

answer to original question: no

Back
Top Bottom