Are we going to sign a veteran OLB to replace and Ayanbadejo and give more insurance? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we going to sign a veteran OLB to replace and Ayanbadejo and give more insurance?

Pardon my naivete, if that's the case, regarding how our D functions, but...

Given that our D has been structured to contain the run roughly between the tackles and channel the runner to Zach for tackling, if Zach went down, would they move Seau to the middle (given his experience there and strengths, etc) and bring Hendricks over to weakside LB? Why or why not? Is Hendricks just a better fit at MLB than he would be at WOLB?

Has Seau ever played MILB ? I think he has played all his career at OLB.

I'm not sure he would be a good fit considering he's known for freelancing. But again the other LBs may lack the knowledge or instinct to play that position.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
Has Seau ever played MILB ? I think he has played all his career at OLB.

I'm not sure he would be a good fit considering he's known for freelancing. But again the other LBs may lack the knowledge or instinct to play that position.
yes he has played MLB, and like most every year of his career made the PB

I doubt we'll sign anyone. We could have signed Mike Caldwell, Steve Foley, or Armegis Spearman. We didn't.

Originally posted by dolphan39
cannot find link, but I read a quote from Wanne that Hendricks will come off the bench to backup all 3 LB spots before Jenkins or Ayabandejo... ever see the base D. So Ayabandejo s/b judget purely as a ST player

answer to original question: no

You're right, Hendricks is the first guy off of the bench at all 3 positions. The problem is that he's just not any good as a LB. I've watched that position for 2 years to see how our depth was and he just doesn't have the instincts for the job. He's a great special teams player but if he's the first guy in we're in big trouble if he has to play. Right now Jenkins is the only on that I'd want to see in there and that's because he flies to the ball. He still has a ways to go though.

groove ................ I woudln't question the coaching staff first of all and they do have faith in both brandon and Jenkins and both players will play special teams. They are there for a reason. You keep on going back to the same arguement.

Originally posted by bdwgroove

You're right, Hendricks is the first guy off of the bench at all 3 positions. The problem is that he's just not any good as a LB. I've watched that position for 2 years to see how our depth was and he just doesn't have the instincts for the job. He's a great special teams player but if he's the first guy in we're in big trouble if he has to play. Right now Jenkins is the only on that I'd want to see in there and that's because he flies to the ball. He still has a ways to go though.

When have you seen Hendricks playing so bad in a regular season game that you would form this opinion? Just curious.:)

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I doubt we'll sign anyone. We could have signed Mike Caldwell, Steve Foley, or Armegis Spearman. We didn't.

Mike Caldwell is a 10th year player with a inury history starting in 2001, why would we want someone that old?

Steve Foley is a 6th year player coming off a back problem in 2001 and a player that spent most of 2002 on the injured reserve.

Armegis Spearman is a 3rd year player that has been injured every year of his pro career, especially last year.

The question about all these guys is are they good special team players, and can they stay healthy?

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom