Are we gonna get fooled this season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we gonna get fooled this season?

Scrap

Go Fins
Reaction score
Every year we start off strong, and then fizzle in the end. This season we've lost some key players. Are we gonna be fooled into thinking we'll be okay by a strong September, only to return to our usual selves when it gets cold? We have to remember that we start off strong EVERY year. I think we will all be overly excited this year if we start off winning, like we usually do. (Just because we all need some positive right now.) So what do y'all think? How do we guage the first month, without taking it out of context? Winning is always great, but it seems like it could fool us early on. Especially after this negative offseason.

As far as i'm concered and I think I speak for some, that this is going to be an unpredictable season

To tell you the truth, I was thinking this would be the first year we start off horrible. Only to get better as the season goes on and watch new players emerge as stars, and then BANG! We catch the league off guard for once. I truley believe this might happen because we have a strong core which includes a great defense and a revamped and much more talented O-line.

34RWilliams said:
As far as i'm concered and I think I speak for some, that this is going to be an unpredictable season

No I think you speak for more then just some. A lot of us feel this is going to be a very unpredictable season. Whether this season turns out great or horribly bad, one things for sure...we're bound to be surprised.

Btw 34RWilliams..who's that on your avatar? Is it Laura Prepon?

If we start off strong, it will be easy to fall into the trap that "everything is okay". Afterall, this is what we want to think anyway, whether it's true or not.

I don't think we will fool anyone when we are 16-0 to start the season!

Trackstar#6 said:
To tell you the truth, I was thinking this would be the first year we start off horrible. Only to get better as the season goes on and watch new players emerge as stars, and then BANG! We catch the league off guard for once. I truley believe this might happen because we have a strong core which includes a great defense and a revamped and much more talented O-line.

Exactly. This is what I thought the topic was gonna be. This actually makes sense

Well considering our schedule...

Scrap said:
Every year we start off strong, and then fizzle in the end. This season we've lost some key players. Are we gonna be fooled into thinking we'll be okay by a strong September, only to return to our usual selves when it gets cold? We have to remember that we start off strong EVERY year. I think we will all be overly excited this year if we start off winning, like we usually do. (Just because we all need some positive right now.) So what do y'all think? How do we guage the first month, without taking it out of context? Winning is always great, but it seems like it could fool us early on. Especially after this negative offseason.

9/12 Tennessee 1:00pm
9/19 @ Cincinnati 8:30pm
9/26 Pittsburgh 1:00pm
10/03 New York Jets 4:15pm
10/10 @ New England 1:00pm
10/17 @ Buffalo 1:00pm
10/24 St. Louis 1:00pm
11/01 @ New York Jets 9:00pm
11/07 Arizona 1:00pm
11/14 Bye Week
11/21 @ Seattle 4:05pm
11/28 @ San Francisco 4:15pm
12/05 Buffalo 1:00pm
12/12 @ Denver 4:05pm
12/20 New England 9:00pm
12/26 Cleveland 8:30pm
01/02 @ Baltimore 1:00pm

If we start off strong, we're in good shape because this is the first time in a lonnnggg time we've had such a favorable schedule, so If we can get past Tenn, Cinn, Pitt (all great defensive teams) and win 2 of 3 or even 1 of 2 from Jets, NE, Buff in the early part of the season, we'll be in good shape.

so if we're sitting at 4-2 or 5-1... there's good reason to get excited.

Scrap said:
If we start off strong, I definately won't complain!!! Cause I'll take as much as we can get this year..:o

rhadaddy said:
11/14 Bye Week

If we start off strong, we're in good shape because this is the first time in a lonnnggg time we've had such a favorable schedule, so If we can get past Tenn, Cinn, Pitt (all great defensive teams) and win 2 of 3 or even 1 of 2 from Jets, NE, Buff in the early part of the season, we'll be in good shape.

Great point...This is the Best Schedule I've ever seen....That I can remember...IF we're 5-1, that's waaaaaaay better than last season already...I'd be on top of the world. I don't even care what else happens...As long as wer're not under .5oo, I'll be happy...I'd like a high pick, but winning games is the better option for me.

Like The Who say "We Won't Get Fooled Again."

Like everyone else has stated... This will be an unpredictable season... It is hard to predict what type of team we will have... I just stay optimistic and realistic... No high nor low expectations...

True! True! But we have to think....

rhadaddy said:
11/14 Bye Week

With that being said, those are good defensive teams...that is what we have to get past. We won't last the season i f it turns into a defense vs defense first half of the season. :shakeno: Can't rely on Zach and the boys being miracle-workers. :eek:Now who is the playmaker to accomplish this feat offensively? Scary to say, our new work horse would have to be :cooldude:Travis Minor. We would have to beat them at the line...if we get 800 yds rushing between Minor and Konrad that 5-1 and 4-2 will be easy to attain. :mad:p.S. Feely is gonna have to do some moving in and out the pocket too...just to keep the defense off balance. :yell: PLEASE! PLEASE! DON'T GET INJURED!!

Back
Top Bottom