Are we gonna get fooled this season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we gonna get fooled this season?

Trackstar#6 said:
To tell you the truth, I was thinking this would be the first year we start off horrible. Only to get better as the season goes on and watch new players emerge as stars, and then BANG! We catch the league off guard for once. I truley believe this might happen because we have a strong core which includes a great defense and a revamped and much more talented O-line.
Copy that. I think losing early builds character for a team that has so many newcomers on the o-line. Winning early builds complacency and over-confidence.

Agreed. This team has just enough talent to use loosing early as motivation. As long as they keep their heads up and fight even harder after a loss, things will only get better. Believe me when I say we have just enough talent to be a force towards the end of the season.

The team better start the season with a few victories or else it might be a very long season, if the team is not playing well they'll quit on Wannstedt, I gurantee it, Dave will just be waiting to get fired at the end of the season and won't have any control of the team because of the expectations of a whole new coaching staff coming in right after the season is over. Now say if we are 4-5,or 5-4 at the bye week, i think the team could surprise people and finish strong and make a run at a wildcard, and I don't care what people's expectations are, expectations around the league are Miami will be terrible, so a 10-6 season and Dave is coach of the year.

On the contrary

F^(K_RICKY said:
With that being said, those are good defensive teams...that is what we have to get past. We won't last the season i f it turns into a defense vs defense first half of the season. :shakeno: Can't rely on Zach and the boys being miracle-workers. :eek:Now who is the playmaker to accomplish this feat offensively? Scary to say, our new work horse would have to be :cooldude:Travis Minor. We would have to beat them at the line...if we get 800 yds rushing between Minor and Konrad that 5-1 and 4-2 will be easy to attain. :mad:p.S. Feely is gonna have to do some moving in and out the pocket too...just to keep the defense off balance. :yell: PLEASE! PLEASE! DON'T GET INJURED!!

Our defense under both JJ and DW have been dominant early on to tail off at the end of the year, with last year against houston being the exception. If our defense carries us through those first six games, then we should be in great shape because, aside from Baltimore and NE, Buffalo and maybe Denver, the rest of our opponents aren't as strong defensively. And six weeks should be enough time for the line to jell, the offense to have an identity and AJ, if he's the starter, to jell with the wr's and rb's. Either way we need our offense moreso down the stretch to step up, when the defense annually wares down.

Scrap said:
Every year we start off strong, and then fizzle in the end. This season we've lost some key players. Are we gonna be fooled into thinking we'll be okay by a strong September, only to return to our usual selves when it gets cold? We have to remember that we start off strong EVERY year. I think we will all be overly excited this year if we start off winning, like we usually do. (Just because we all need some positive right now.) So what do y'all think? How do we guage the first month, without taking it out of context? Winning is always great, but it seems like it could fool us early on. Especially after this negative offseason.
Anyone that can be fooled by a good September again after how many of these illusions needs to wake up, this season figures to be an up and down...good one week bad the next.....an inconsistent year. You have a young O-line that will have plenty of inconsistent moments, a rookie OC that has never called an offense before. Look for an extremely conservative boring offense while the defense will keep us in most games and about 8-8 looks about right.

you guys HAVE to start off well, first 4 games were a cakewalk before ricky quit and boston got hurt, but they are still very winnable. If you're not atleast 3-1 after that first month than bye-bye.

Sad but true CirclingWagons, but dont forget our schedual for December is not near as brutal as it as been in the past. So we can afford a somewhat of a slow start and still bounce back.

offense can't F^(K around

rhadaddy said:
Our defense under both JJ and DW have been dominant early on to tail off at the end of the year, with last year against houston being the exception. If our defense carries us through those first six games, then we should be in great shape because, aside from Baltimore and NE, Buffalo and maybe Denver, the rest of our opponents aren't as strong defensively. And six weeks should be enough time for the line to jell, the offense to have an identity and AJ, if he's the starter, to jell with the wr's and rb's. Either way we need our offense moreso down the stretch to step up, when the defense annually wares down.
They will jell that is true...:( but how long? If the offense goes into the fourth week looking like the first week (:o and trust me i know what i'm talking about), then it is going to be a long season.:shakeno: That is why we won't need Feely as a pocket QB but more of a scrambler (not trying to make him a michael vick but 3 yd gain every so often will help). ":roflmao: If he's the starter" you say. Humm...:goof: Sorry, Fiedler for 8yrs ratio is 61/58 TD/INT! (S)ugar (H)oney (I)ce (T)ea!!! ;) Then i rather see a no experience QB make 3 INT the first 6 games, :eek: then see the almighty Fiedler lose his character as a QB by matching his TD with his INT stats. :rolleyes: But in retrospective, if Feely fails will Fiedler then step up. :lol: Scary!

I see it this way guys . If we don't have a guy opposite of Chambers to strech field . I think we are in for some trouble. Because that means Minor and company will see lots of looks and possibly a stacked LOS. I love the schedule we got this year and if things go right meaning another decent wideout. I would say maybe 10-6,9-7 could be attainable. That and Qb play will be crucial.

The thing that worries me about the schedule is the 2 back to back to the west coast. Those will be strenuous trips.

Scrap said:
Are we gonna be fooled into thinking we'll be okay by a strong September, only to return to our usual selves when it gets cold? We have to remember that we start off strong EVERY year.

There isn't going to be that much cold this year. Remember the schedule we have this year.

jesusfreak26 said:
The thing that worries me about the schedule is the 2 back to back to the west coast. Those will be strenuous trips.
Aren't they just going to stay on the west coast for those games?

I think Newson is gonna really show us something. Maybe even DT (i know) will show up finally. I cannot WAIT til saturday to get a feel for this team.

we should be pretty weak at the start, but after feeley(who i beleive will start) gets into rythym and the o-line gels, we should be better. not to mention the chance of boston coming back late season.

Back
Top Bottom