Are we really that bad? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we really that bad?

I believe a healthy daunte with a chip on his shoulder is going to make this team competitive right off the bat,draft the speed and return abilities of tedd ginn jr who will completely open things up for ronnie,get a nice offensive lineman and either briggs or adalius in free agency and there you have a team that could make a run........ not counting what you could pick up in the draft in rounds 2 thru 7, plus with all our young guys from last year,toledo,evans,roderick wright,alibi,,,,, Tedd ginn is the key

You think that just because Daunte is throwing the ball, Chambers & McD are going to all of a sudden hold on to more passes?

I don't think so, but I could be wrong....

Didn't Randy drop a TD pass from Daunte?

I hate to say it, but I agree with the media. Quarterback is a major question mark, I don't think Daunte will ever be the player he once was. The O-line still is not very good. The talent at running back is there, it is just dependent on the strength of the o-line, which isn't very good. The receiving corp is average. The front seven on D is aging and the secondary is in shambles.

How can you possibly argue against the media? Saban should have blown the roster up and started over when he took over. Instead he added talented veterans to a relatively talentless roster just to beef up his record. Just look at what Jeff Fisher did in Tenessee. They made it to the super bowl, let go of the veterans they couldn't afford and re-built the roster with young talent. I don't care if we suffer through some 4-12 re-building years, just get young talent! We're stuck in football purgatory...

Jeff Fisher is the example we need to be following. At least they had the gusto to blow it all up to rebuild. Now look at them, sitting pretty with a dazzling Vince Young just barely missing the playoffs with the future nice and shiny for them.

I honestly, honestly think that we're 3 or 4 starters away from the playoffs if we can stay healthy. With stability at QB, a stud WR, a new LB, and a new DB...I think that we'd be in the mix. All of those same experts thought that we were a Super Bowl team this year with the existing talent and we're not really losing anyone. We have youth all over the place on defense, the guys just aren't starting yet.

I believe a healthy daunte with a chip on his shoulder is going to make this team competitive right off the bat,draft the speed and return abilities of tedd ginn jr who will completely open things up for ronnie,get a nice offensive lineman and either briggs or adalius in free agency and there you have a team that could make a run........ not counting what you could pick up in the draft in rounds 2 thru 7, plus with all our young guys from last year,toledo,evans,roderick wright,alibi,,,,, Tedd ginn is the key

Your statement is too broad to be rooted in reality. Daunte is struggling just to get back to serviceability. So who exactly are these players we'll pick up in rounds 2 thru 7? How do you know those players will be available to us by the time we pick? Who is this "nice offensive lineman?" Who says Adalius Thomas and Lance Briggs come here? Briggs already vehemently denied that rumor. Joe Toledo is coming off major surgery. Evans, Roderick Wright and the rest of our youngsters have no gametime experience so as to whether they pan out or not is based soley off your own personal biasedness.

What I see is alot of "?'s" ................. to hang your hat on those is beyond me.

I honestly, honestly think that we're 3 or 4 starters away from the playoffs if we can stay healthy. With stability at QB, a stud WR, a new LB, and a new DB...I think that we'd be in the mix. All of those same experts thought that we were a Super Bowl team this year with the existing talent and we're not really losing anyone. We have youth all over the place on defense, the guys just aren't starting yet.

Who are these supposed starters? Having youth all over the place doesn't translate to anything. It's grooming youth that counts. Very few of them have been groomed. How are you gonna sit there and say that all those guys who got next to zero playing time last year could come in next year and get us into the playoffs?

The NFL is simply not what it used to be. It really doesnt take much to go from worst to first in your division these days. Look at the eagles, saints, ravens, and chargers.

I agree with you that the roster needs improvment, but i definitly said the same damn thing about the eagles roster this year. Sometimes all you really need is a QB whose heart is still beating like Garcia.

And to put it simply, with our defense, we've always gotta chance.

I'm glad so many of you are so willing to hang yuor hats on "the NFL ain't what it used to be"...........you guys seem to think that it's automatic it'll get applied to us. We first need a 1st rate coach/gm pairing for any of that to happen in the 1st place.

Most people are thinking of best case scenarios... Best case scenario, we sign Nate Clements, Lance Briggs, Kevin Curtis, and then go around trade someone like Ted Ginn Jr and a few others. The best case scenario doesn't happen. The next coach of the Miami Dolphins is going to deal with a lot of adversity, other than the nice weather and being able to play with the Defensive MVP, what is so great about Miami? Right now our coach just left us, we're in a tough a division, and the fanbase can be atrocious. Sure, we have talent, but we can't win on pure talent. Could we be in the playoffs next year? Sure. Could we wind up with the #1 pick next year? Sure. There's pessimists and optimists on this board, you guys have to deal with one another. You aren't going to change any minds by questioning their logic or calling them idiots, people here are stubborn. Learn to deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom