Are we snakebitten or jinxed?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we snakebitten or jinxed??

DefensiveEnd76

Football Guru
Reaction score
Throughout our teams history, our drafting has been pretty bad in the early rounds. Yes, even Shula had many years where we had busts in Rounds 1-3. Do the names Sammie Smith, John Bosa, Eric Kumerow, Jackie Shipp, Jay Brophy, Lorenzo Hampton and Billy Milner ring a bell??? CB Don McNeal wasn't exactly very good either as a 1st rounder. These are just a few examples of horrible drafting.

That isn't even mentioning the total garbage Wanny drafted and the misses that Jimmy Johnson had: Yatil Green, John Avery, Aubrey Beavers, Jamar Fletcher, Jerris McPhail, Rob Konrad, Taylor Whitley, Wade Smith, Eddie Moore etc. etc. etc.. Is it any wonder why our team has not been in the playoffs for many years??!!! Did our scouts suck that bad over the years or what??

To answer the question posed in your post, we are neither. We are bearing the brunt of years and years of awful drafting and, more recently, coaching staffs (and front offices) that have been completely outclassed and outmaneuvered. The only thing keeping this team competitive (even in the Marino years) was, well...Marino.

That isn't even mentioning the total garbage Wanny drafted and the misses that Jimmy Johnson had: Yatil Green, John Avery, Aubrey Beavers, Jamar Fletcher, Jerris McPhail, Rob Konrad, Taylor Whitley, Wade Smith, Eddie Moore etc. etc. etc.. Is it any wonder why our team has not been in the playoffs for many years??!!! Did our scouts suck that bad over the years or what??

I don't know if I'd lump Konrad in with the others. He was a pretty good player. Injuries caught up with him. We missed so unbelievably bad on the all of the others that it's utterly amazing.

Well Jimmy drafted Konrad and was telling everyone he was the next Daryl Johnston. Konrad was mediocre at best. He wasn't physical at all and was dominated in the running game. Then we had the drafting of WR Larry Shannon whom Jimmy said would be better then Randy Moss. LMAO!!

Well Jimmy drafted Konrad and was telling everyone he was the next Daryl Johnston. Konrad was mediocre at best. He wasn't physical at all and was dominated in the running game. Then we had the drafting of WR Larry Shannon whom Jimmy said would be better then Randy Moss. LMAO!!

Konrad had such snap on putting the ball away after he cought it. He was actually developing nicely until that hit got laid on him in the Buffalo game. He was a different player after that.

Shula drafted Aubrey Beavers in 1994. You can remove him and stick James Johnson in his place.

Throughout our teams history, our drafting has been pretty bad in the early rounds. Yes, even Shula had many years where we had busts in Rounds 1-3. Do the names Sammie Smith, John Bosa, Eric Kumerow, Jackie Shipp, Jay Brophy, Lorenzo Hampton and Billy Milner ring a bell??? CB Don McNeal wasn't exactly very good either as a 1st rounder. These are just a few examples of horrible drafting.
old news my friend lets concentrate on the next few years not the last 10, as for jinxed or snakebitten lets go with jinxed ill keep my fingers crossed this weekend against the pats

The draft is the most important aspect of building a dominate franchise. I'm tired of us fans knowing the correct pick, and watching the team reach on another loser. I'm hoping Ireland can stick around for a while and get us in the right direction. The Draft is a 365 day a year job in the NFL if your doing it right.

I don't know if I'd lump Konrad in with the others. He was a pretty good player. Injuries caught up with him. We missed so unbelievably bad on the all of the others that it's utterly amazing.

Uh....no he wasn't...

Stanley Pritchett was better than Rob Konrad...

What, no mention of Rick Graf??? But to answer the question posed in the start of the thread, no. We are neither. We've had the wonderful combination of ineptitude and cluelessness in our front office for nigh about 20 years.

The problem has been only recent...where almost none of our picks are any good. Let's take the busts mentioned during the Shula epoch as examples:

Sammy Smith...well Shula also picked Louis Oliver in the first, Jeff Uhlenhake, Pete Stoyanovich, Burt Weidner, and JB Brown...not a complete bust of a draft...

John Bosa...We also got Troy Stradford...he was decent

Erik Cumerow...Also got Jeff Cross (Stud), Ferrel Edmunds, Harry Galbreath

Jackie Shipp and Brophy...we also got Bud Brown...OK that one was pretty bad...

Lorenzo Hampton ...I don't think he was that bad to begin with...maybe not first round...but I liked him. Any way, we got Ron Davenport, Jeff Dellenbach, and Fuad Reveiz.

If you get a few good players each year...your team stays pretty good...for the last 7 years or so...we have had almost nobody do anything for us from the draft...one bust after another...

Back
Top Bottom