Are we that far away? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we that far away?

54dolfan9923

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The teams in the games today are a combined 2-3 against us this season, and we should have beat the Steelers.

With that being said, does everyone really feel we are that bad? I know we crumbled at the end, but we were competitive against the best.

I really don't think so...

that PI call was total BS agaisnt the jets week 3... if we win that game and still get stomped by the pats we are 3-1..

we all probably feel the same way about the pitt game... so by still losing to baltimore we are now 6-2.

say we still lose to chicago and don't blow the cleveland game... we are now, 9-3 with four games to go... jets, bills, lions, and pats... who wouldn't have took that scenario.

I realize this is 6 of one half dozen of the other, but a play or two here and there, or a call that goes this otherway... this could have been reality... so to answer the core question...

No, I really don't think we were that far off.....

gotta keep the pedal to the metal though... need speed on offense, an upgrade at either OG C or both.... and it really wouldn't hurt to add another pass rusher.... QB QB QB

Good teams win those games that are close but we lost, good teams win at home. This team has a long way to go to prove to me that they can be good. Once they show me, then and only then will I believe. Too many years of choking has beaten me down so that I won't believe it until I see it.

No, I don't think we are that far away. Just take a look at the defense, top 6 overall and we all would be comfortable if the same starters started in 2011. Though, I am positive they will add some players on defense to compete for a starting spot or just to improve depth.

The defense needs little to no work. The offense is what needs all the attention, and I don't think you need to blow up the whole thing. We have arguably the best receiving group in the AFC East, but we need better line and quarterback play. I was not real happy with Brown and Ricky this season, but the biggest problem in the running game was the offensive line. Ricky is likely gone, but wouldn't be surprised if they gave Brown a new deal. Think about this scenario: Trade a 3rd for Orton, sign Mankins in free agency and draft Mark Ingram in the first round. Three moves like that, to go along with the big OC upgrade in Daboll and this offense is a lot better.

Miami is not a 1-15 team right now, they are close, just missing a few pieces on offense.

We're not far away as people make us out to be. If we can at least form a decent offense next year we'll be a playoff team.

No, I don't think we are that far away. Just take a look at the defense, top 6 overall and we all would be comfortable if the same starters started in 2011. Though, I am positive they will add some players on defense to compete for a starting spot or just to improve depth.

The defense needs little to no work. The offense is what needs all the attention, and I don't think you need to blow up the whole thing. We have arguably the best receiving group in the AFC East, but we need better line and quarterback play. I was not real happy with Brown and Ricky this season, but the biggest problem in the running game was the offensive line. Ricky is likely gone, but wouldn't be surprised if they gave Brown a new deal. Think about this scenario: Trade a 3rd for Orton, sign Mankins in free agency and draft Mark Ingram in the first round. Three moves like that, to go along with the big OC upgrade in Daboll and this offense is a lot better.

Miami is not a 1-15 team right now, they are close, just missing a few pieces on offense.

agree wholeheartedly.... would be nice to keep brown at a decent price. but IF we can land one of the top OG free agents, and bring in a good center, I'd be happy.
I would take orton for a 3rd although I think the asking price will be higher, unless they are that in love with tebow... I've never really liked the guy, but frankly he's head and shoulders above what he have now. I'd love ingram or julio jones at 15... we need a playmaker at that spot. I'm tired of trading down to the mid to late 20's and taking a big DE... we need guys who have speed and make plays.

We need major help and depth on the o-line. I think this was the biggest factor all year. If we can solidify our O-line and have an answer to R&R possibly leaving, we will be fine.

UNTILL WE HAVE QB WE ARE MILES AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!! its that simple, you would think the last 10 years would show the fan base you can have a Top 5 RB, or a Top 5 Defense or a Top 5 WR NONE of it matters.... Look at the 1 time we had good QB play in 10 years and we when the Division...coincidence i Think not....

We had a top 5 defense in sabans first year and we know how the second year went. We are only 4 linemen from a good line , a runningback from a good runningback, no depth at TE, no developed Qb, big hole at ILB and of course same pitiful head coach along with an OC that ranked lower than Henning. So we are really close lol

We may only be a few (QB, interior line, RB, speed WR) pieces away on O ... Actually that's more than a few. :bobdole:

Most importantly, we need a real QB. Before we get a good QB, we will always be too far away.

I agree about the D, though. (there, that's something positive) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom