Are You Forgiving? Yes or No? (Poll) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are You Forgiving? Yes or No? (Poll)

Do you forgive Ricky, and will you welcome him back?

• Yes, everyone makes mistakes. We need to win!

Votes: 93 70.5%
  • No, what he did is wrong and there is no excuse for it!

Votes: 39 29.5%

• Total voters
ChambersNBoston said:
Forgive but won't ever forget

Exactly!

and I actually agree with both your options. What he did was wrong and there is no excuse for it, but yes, every deserves a second chance and if Ricky is coming back to the team for all the right reasons, then i'm willing to put last year in the past and wish him the best of luck and a great season... but if this is purely about money, it will show with his effort on the field.. I happen to think that he truly left because he was unhappy with his role in Wanny's offensive system, or lack there of... i disagree with how he handled it, but I can't say that I blame him.. We all know that if we were unhappy at our jobs and getting abused (regardless of his contract/$$), then we'd quit and try to find something else to do.. well, he was unhappy with his boss and his boss' philosophies.. so he left.. I've quit before over a disagreement with my boss before.. so welcome back Ricky, make us proud and not regretful!

all the people who voted no will be the first ones jumping on teh bandwagon if we make the playoffs

Normally, I'm just snooping around, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in on the Ricky situation... for whatever it's worth.

If Ricky buys into Nick Saban's plan, if his heart is still in the game, if he makes amends with his teammates... and especially... makes amends with himself... comes to terms with his role, and accepts the fact that he doesn't have to play by anyone else's rules... he only needs to play the game the way his heart dictates... I will welcome him back, no question.

As far as my "forgiveness" goes... Ricky doesn't need my forgiveness, and I don't feel the need to forgive him. He didn't do anything to me, personally. I don't feel like he should apologize to me, or any fan. That's between him and his teammates, and none of our business, honestly.

I just want to see the guy play again.

We're not talking about just another running back... we're talking about someone that was arguably the best pure runner in the game. When he ran, it was art, not football. He trancended the game, and not many players do that.

Something came to my mind a couple of days ago. I can honestly say that I enjoyed watching Ricky Williams play football just as much as I enjoyed watching Dan Marino play football. I can't say that about any other Dolphin. Period.

So if he, in fact, does return and plays his heart out, I'm all for it. If not, I'll miss him, wish him well, and move on.

Larry Little said:
Normally, I'm just snooping around, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in on the Ricky situation... for whatever it's worth.

If Ricky buys into Nick Saban's plan, if his heart is still in the game, if he makes amends with his teammates... and especially... makes amends with himself... comes to terms with his role, and accepts the fact that he doesn't have to play by anyone else's rules... he only needs to play the game the way his heart dictates... I will welcome him back, no question.

As far as my "forgiveness" goes... Ricky doesn't need my forgiveness, and I don't feel the need to forgive him. He didn't do anything to me, personally. I don't feel like he should apologize to me, or any fan. That's between him and his teammates, and none of our business, honestly.

I just want to see the guy play again.

We're not talking about just another running back... we're talking about someone that was arguably the best pure runner in the game. When he ran, it was art, not football. He trancended the game, and not many players do that.

Something came to my mind a couple of days ago. I can honestly say that I enjoyed watching Ricky Williams play football just as much as I enjoyed watching Dan Marino play football. I can't say that about any other Dolphin. Period.

So if he, in fact, does return and plays his heart out, I'm all for it. If not, I'll miss him, wish him well, and move on.

Well said.

Slappy8800 said:
all the people who voted no will be the first ones jumping on teh bandwagon if we make the playoffs

I certainly wish people wouldn't speak for other people. I do believe that I said in another thread that I don't care if he single handedly carries Miami to the super bowl...I WILL NOT SUPPORT HIM EVER AGAIN!

kingnate85 said:
I certainly wish people wouldn't speak for other people. I do believe that I said in another thread that I don't care if he single handedly carries Miami to the super bowl...I WILL NOT SUPPORT HIM EVER AGAIN!
So that means you won't except the Superbowl if Ricky Williams single-handedly wins it for us?

ChambersNBoston said:
So that means you won't except the Superbowl if Ricky Williams single-handedly wins it for us?

Hey thanks for taking my post literally because we all know that football is NOT a team sport and one average to above-average running back will carry a team to the super bowl nowadays. But since I'm fairly confident that since he wasn't able to help the team get to the playoffs with a great defense to help him out I'm fairly confident that Ricky Williams will not be in any way responsible for getting Miami to the super bowl...let alone do it all by himself. So yes, I wouldn't accept a super bowl if that meant Ricky did it. Why not?

Add me to the forgive but not forget list....I could maybe forget it with a 1500 yard season and a trip to the SB though. :)

I'll watch him play, like every other player on the team.
I'll reap whatever benefits that come from his being on the team.
I won't be a Ricky fan.

3rd option

I think the poll needs a thrid option. "Let's wait and see if he makes it to the end of the season."

everyone makes mistakes. but i dont think he sees what he did a mistake. he didnt want to play football anymore. and retired. he doesnt want to come back. hes being forced to.

kingnate85 said:
My thoughts exactly.

Back
Top Bottom