are you happy with Seth Mckinney resigning? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are you happy with Seth Mckinney resigning?

Are you happy that Mckinney resigned with the team?

• Yes

Votes: 87 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 48 20.2%
  • Only if he is a backup

Votes: 53 22.3%

• Total voters
Happy because it's basically a one year deal and there's no one else left in FA who's an obvious upgrade. We can't have a pro-bowler at every single position with the salary cap.

Fingers crossed and hoping for some more HH magic. Or even better finding a Larry Little or Mike Webster in the draft.

:dolphins: sure y not... he improved alot last year and i think that he can still be better... it adds depth to our line and someone who already knows the system:dolphins:

good for back up, need to sign allen and one more vet and pick 2 O-line men in draft

if the coach tihnks he is worth a shot lets let the saban do his job
cuz if he is good enough for COACH than we shall let COACH be the
the last and final word and the man who knows the man that knows
more than we do have the final say... can we let da COACH do his job
das y he's da boss!!! OK!!!!!!!!!

I'll be happy only if he steps it up. Saban and Houck got to get on him they way they got on Manny last year. He should be familiar with the system and hopefully cutting back on the false starts.

In regards to the poster who mentioned Seth didn't do anything during Ricky's 1800 yard season...he actually was just about splitting time with Ruddy although Ruddy was starting. They knew Ruddy was going to be let go after the season and they were trying to get McKinney ready to do the job.

As far as whether or not we're happy with him resigning? We would obviously like to upgrade every position. That said...the options were pretty limitied and really expensive. So...a week ago what was more important...fixing our completely depleted secondary or going from a mediocre avg paid center to a prowbolw center paying a lot more money...and not being able to address the secondary?

There are many examples like this. I'm tired of people ranting and raving about how people change their minds because McKinney sucks and now everyone's happy he resigned. It's a matter of what can we afford to do and where. McKinney at C is not nearly as bad as Wade was at LT. If he played THAT poorly...then I'd be pissed he was resigned. He did improve some last year, and the line as a whole, and I expect him to continue to get better.

For his price, years signed and how he produces...I'm happy to have him back considering there is no one really much better out there..or even was out there for a reasonable price.

nopony said:
Like I said, you can call it misplaced faith if you like, but I have never felt as absolutely confident in a coach's choices as I do with Houck.

I don't normally think any coach can do no wrong, but with Houck I come close.

If he thinks Seth can help us, then I am happy to have him back.

Fair enough. We will agree to disagree on McKinney's "abilities"

They did wonders with the line last year. Im still not happy with this but Ill give them the benefit of the doubt. They deserve that much considering what they've done so far.

Charles

I am disappointed because I was hoping we would get an upgrade at that position. IMO McKinney was the weak link on the offensive line in both running and pass protection. That of course doesn't count the problems Wade Smith had two years ago at LT. Maybe Houck can finally turn McKinney around to be at least an average starting Center able to fill in as needed. I hope so.

im ok with it but think we over paid a little

pigskinguy said:
Fair enough. We will agree to disagree on McKinney's "abilities"

I'm not saying anything about McKinney's abilities... I'm talking about Houck's abilities.

Back
Top Bottom